CH 12 – Another Vast Evergreen Forest
124 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Uggh!..." "This is quite a familiar feeling..." A cute little Furong groaned in pain laying on his small back.

He slowly opened his eyes which instantly turned moist from the view of the clear blue sky. He felt quite nostalgic.

Eight years enclosed inside the Spirit Crystal mine of Ye Clan. Hundreds of years trapped inside the unknown dark void... A beautiful blue sky is the last thing he could imagine to see in those conditions.

Furong slowly but steadily stood up and carefully wiped his tears with his forearms.

He gazed around his surroundings and was shocked to see the area filled with lush vegetation. It's kinda similar to the forest where Ye Clan's Spirit Crystal mining cave was located.

For a moment Furong thought he had come back to the Ye Clan but he soon discarded the thought after noticing the obvious differences.

It's the size and thickness of the trees around here. The trees here are not some overgrown giants like the ones at Ye Clan, but are quite ordinary, similar to the ones we see in our everyday life.

Furong took a breath of relief. He is not ready yet to face the Ye Clan.

He is slightly disappointed to have missed the chance of meeting Jiu Weici again, but after a second thought he is still not sure what the truth is and also... 600 years have passed...

"Hey you woke up at last. I was really worried. I thought you would take up hundreds of years to wake up again." Furong suddenly heard the cheerful voice of Behemoth Egg inside his head.

The timing is perfect to blow away all the negative thoughts Furong was going through.

"Ah Xingzuo, how are you? And where are you?" Furong asked with surprise.

"Aha! It really feels good when someone calls you by your name. I always wanted to have a name." Behemoth Egg or now as we should call it Xingzuo cheerfully said.

"By the way Big Brother, did you forget I am inside the Nine-Layers Pagoda. We are communicating via Divine Sense. It's telepathy!"

"Oh right, I remember, I remember." Furong nodded his little head.

Furong started to walk slowly and carefully exploring the nearby bushes searching for a pathway. He is talking normally while Xingzuo is using Devine Sense.

"Xingzuo where are we? Is this where the Space Tunnel transported us? Also..." Furong scratched his head with a cute, lost expression.

"I don't know where this place is but we were thrown here after exiting the Space Tunnel." Xingzuo started to explain what he knew.

"After storing the Nine-Layers Pagoda inside your dantian you overdrawn your Soul Energy and collapsed. The Spirit God picked you up and passed you inside the Space Tunnel."

"After reaching here you were unconscious for about two months, recovering your Soul Energy with the help of Spiritual Qi present in the air."

"Well, this seems to be a Lower Realm so the density of the Spiritual Qi is not that high. I guess that's also the reason it took you longer to recover than I had expected."

"My Masters..." Furong suddenly asked.

"Well... You should know that... They are no more." Xingzuo said with pity.

Furong sighed slightly and his eyes instantly welled up with tears. He kowtowed where he stood for a long time before calming the raging storms within his heart.

"Thankyou Master Demon God. Thankyou Master Spirit God. May your souls find peace." He stood up, respectfully bowed saying his prayers and started the exploration again.

...

After walking for about half a mile through the dense forest he came outside to an open area near the edge of a cliff.

Taking a peek down from the edge he could tell the cliff is quite high, about thousand to two thousand feet.

The dense forest continued to stretch from the bottom of the cliff, with no ends in sight. One cannot tell how large this forest is.

The feeling is similar to being stranded in the middle of the Amazon Forest.

With no easy way down and without any Cultivation, our little Furong decided to take a turn around and look for a path leading to the bottom of the cliff.

He's always alert and careful in every step he takes. No one knows what kind of dangers may be lurking in this kind of forest.

"By the way Xingzuo, did you help me with my recovery? Doesn't it usually require a person to be conscious to absorb the Spiritual Qi? There's also the purification part..." Furong suddenly asked.

"No. I didn't help you in any way, all I did was to release some of my Aura to keep any monster beasts away from us." Xingzuo answered.

"Aura?... It's a type of Martial Arts skill formed from the mixture of Divine Sense and Qi with emotions as the core right? Isn't it quite a high grade of skill? Cool." Furong praised.

"Er... You overpraise me. It's not as great as you think it is. For the members of Monster Race it's quite a common skill to have. You will also acquire it soon since you also have the bloodline of the Monster Race now." Xingzuo said.

"Oh I see. Still you are awesome Little Brother and thank you for taking care of me while I was unconscious." Furong humbly said.

"That's what I should do. We have to take care of each other from now on. We are brothers after all." Xingzuo also humbly replied.

"So... How did I absorb the Spiritual Qi when unconscious? Do you have any idea?" Furong asked.

"Huh?... You are not playing with me are you? Weren't you supposed to be a smart man? What happened now?" Xingzuo mocked.

"Hey! How dare you mock your Big Brother. I was just looking for a topic so we can have some chat. It's quite boring in this quiet forest." Furong scolded.

"Er... So you know the answer huh? So tell me what is it? What is it?" Xingzuo retorted.

"It's the Nirvana Life Seal. I didn't forget. Also... I know this too that at that time my Masters provided me with their Soul Energy for my recovery. Else in a void where there is no Spiritual Qi present, where did the seal get the energy to repair my almost vanished soul?" Furong said in a low voice feeling downhearted remembering the loss of his Masters. 

He can't repay any of their kindness anymore.

"Sigh!... You really are a smart man. Such a pity. It would be tough to take advantage of you in the future. Tch!" Xingzuo murmured with disappointment.

"You... You fucking stupid egg, what did you say just now?" Furong cursed Xingzuo.

"Er... Nothing Big Brother nothing. Hehe... I was just thinking, you are so beautiful and pretty, such a cute girl... Ehem! I mean b-boy... Hehe..." Xingzuo taunted.

"You... You... Fuck!" Furong didn't know what to say. He doesn't know what he looks like but his Master Spirit God said something similar so he couldn't fight back on this topic.

"Sigh!... This is really dense and large. I can't find any path leading to the bottom of the cliff. So boring." Furong sighed, shaking his head.

"Hehe... If you are that bored then let me recall my Aura, I am still spreading it around to keep the beasts away. After I recall it, you can enjoy the company of some beasts lurking around the forest." Xingzuo mocked.

"Humph! Do as you wish." Furong raised his little nose and accepted the challenge, which he soon came to regret.

Just a moment after Xingzuo recalled his Aura, the surrounding was filled with different kinds of beasts and Spiritual Beasts.

Tiger, wolves, lions, hawks, etc. are all normal beasts which even our five-year-old little Furong can somehow manage to avoid coming in contact with or escape safely if the moment calls for it.

But the main issue is the Spiritual Beasts. These beasts are the type who knows how to Cultivate. They are faster and stronger than normal beasts and live a longer life too. Similar to human Cultivators.

There are nine ranks of Spiritual Beasts. From Rank One Spiritual Beast to Rank Nine Spiritual Beast with the strength lower to higher respectively.

Rank One Spiritual Beast is similar to a human Body Preparation rank Cultivator and Rank Nine Spiritual Beast is similar to a human Open Ascension rank Cultivator.

Every rank of Spiritual Beast is further divided into three stages, early stage, middle stage and peak stage.

After breaking through the peak stage of ninth rank, a Spiritual Beast may transform into a human being. But the probability of success is close to none. It's extremely rare.

...

After noticing a few rank four and five Spiritual Beasts, Furong who doesn't have any Cultivation got covered in cold sweat. He cursed Xingzuo and made him deploy his Aura field again.

Xingzuo laughed and taunted Furong for quite a while but still helped his brother to stay safe and sound.

"Phew!... That was really scary. I never expected there to be so many high ranking Spiritual Beasts around." Furong wiped the cold sweat off his forehead.

"You stupid Xingzuo! Why didn't you tell me there are such powerful beasts around here? You almost got me killed." Furong cursed.

"Pffft... You never asked. And it was quite fun to watch you run naked all around the forest escaping from the beasts. Hahaha..." Xingzuo laughed.

Furong rolled his eyes. "I really want to eat an omelette. I am quite hungry after all this exercise. Also now as I remember, I haven't eaten anything since I got this new Physical Body." Furong threatened Xingzuo while rubbing his belly.

"Humph! You can't scare me with those empty threats of yours." Xingzuo mocked.

"That's true, but what I can do is cut off the supply of Spiritual Qi to Nine-Layers Pagoda, then let me see how you can laugh." Furong sneered.

"Ah! Big Brother I am sorry, don't do that please. We are brothers right. I was just joking with you and having some fun teasing. I didn't mean to offend you, please forgive me, I won't do it again, please I lick your feet, please. Boohoo..." Xingzuo hastily apologized in a crying tone filled with regret.

"Cluck! Nice prostrating skills Little Brother. You are so cool, no matter how you behave." Furong mocked clicking his tongue.

"Big Brother, boohoo... Big Brother." Xingzuo kept asking for forgiveness, he was really scared of Furong cutting off the connection to Nine-Layers Pagoda. It would stop Xingzuo's progression and will literally make his condition similar to that void again.

"Ok-Ok stop it. I was joking too. We are brothers right? It's obvious to joke around with each other. Just keep in mind not to overdo it." Furong said.

'But I will be sure to lock you in isolation if you ever piss me off to the extreme. Humph! Gotta show who's the Big Brother among us.' Furong smirked with evil thoughts.

"Hehe... Thanks Big Brother for your forgiveness. But I still don't know if I can keep myself from making fun of you in the future." Xingzuo shamelessly replied oblivious to Furong's evil mind.

"Pffft... It's fine, I won't get offended just by an egg anyways." Furong taunted.

"By the way, we should look for some normal beasts like a boar or a rabbit. Even though I can't do much with my current strength and condition, I can still suppress those normal beasts with my Aura alone which has a hint of Primal Beast Qi in it. It will be easy-peasy after that for you to safely hunt them." Xingzuo suggested.

"Good! Sounds like a plan to me. Let's go." Saying this Furong went on his journey to acquire some food while shaking his beautiful and fair, small naked butt.

Something tiny and cute was dangling on the front too... Ehem!

...

Several days have passed since our protagonist honoured this enormous evergreen forest with his naked presence.

It's another sunny day with fluffy clouds floating in the sky.

Furong is now wearing a make-do outfit made up of beast fur and some parts of nature. He still hasn't found a way out of this forest. But at least he somehow got off that high cliff.

He is carrying a roughly crafted spear, hiding near a pack of Rank Two Spiritual Beasts.

It's a pack of Horn Wolves.

Just like the name, a Horn Wolf looks similar to a normal wolf but is three times bigger and has a single drill horn on its forehead.

But what is Furong who has no Cultivation doing near such a dangerous place?

Well, the answer is a bright Gold Ganoderma growing at the entrance wall of the Horn Wolves den. It was giving off a ripe, mellow scent.

The Gold Ganoderma is a medicinal herb known for its capabilities to strengthen the human immune system. The herb isn't that rare to find but is still quite valuable.

For Furong who is about to start his path in Cultivation, any sort of treasure is a welcome.

He has learnt one thing from his past life quite well. Nothing is useless if you know how to make use of it. Even the smallest of stone can carry the biggest of boulders.

It's not the first time our five-year-old is showing such heroism. He has been doing similar things for the past few days.

Wherever he came across something useful, he would do whatever he could to get his hands on it. And this time the dare is to bury his hands into a pack of Horn Wolves..

The problem he is facing is that he can't take help from Xingzuo's Aura. As it may do more harm than good. No matter how scared the Spiritual Beasts may get from the Aura of a Primal Beast, if it's about the matter of protecting one's home, they will rather fight to death than run away.

So the only way Furong can get his hands on the Gold Ganoderma is by using his brain.

He's just waiting for the right moment and timing. For an opening to appear.

By the way, just in case you are wondering where Furong is keeping his treasure collection, it's inside the Nine-Layers Pagoda.

He may not be strong enough to go in and out of the pagoda or store large objects similar to Behemoth Egg without passing out, but using the pagoda like a Space Ring to store small objects is quite an easy task.

"Awoooo!..." Suddenly the howling of a wolf echoed somewhere in the forest.

Soon after all the Horn Wolves sprinted towards the sound. It's definitely a call for help from one of their friends.

This is the moment Furong was waiting for. Now is the perfect time for him to gather the Gold Ganoderma.

Furong slowly and silently made his way towards the wolf's den. He soon reached near the entrance.

He stopped for a moment and looked around just to make sure it's safe.

Then he again slowly tread forward step by step and reached for the Good Ganoderma.

He was about to pluck it off when suddenly he noticed two pairs of sharp yellow eyes glaring at him from inside the den.

He froze for a moment. "Shit!" He cursed loudly and quickly pulled off the Gold Ganoderma, transferring it into the pagoda, he ran as fast as he could to god knows where.

The two Horn Wolves chased.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Human greed is really troublesome. I should have told the Masters to get rid of the Human Race bloodline inside of me if I had known this would happen." "It hasn't even been a few months since I was reborn and I am going to meet my Masters again. Fuck my luck!" Furong cursed while running with his tail tucked in-between his legs.

He jumped, galloped, crawled, slid... He did whatever he could to get away from the pair of Horn Wolves. 

But wolves being wolves, no matter what type, they are quite agile. They only got closer and closer to Furong with every passing time.

"Aaaah! Am dead!" With a shout Furong fell off a high ground after tripping from a protruding tree root.

He fell on his head and passed out, only noticing more Horn Wolves around him before closing his eyes.

It is a dead end. What a tragedy...

"Ah fuck! What an unlucky bastard!" Xingzuo didn't let go of his chance to cuss Furong.

5