Chapter- 2.2
28 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     The sky was already dark, and Xue Yuan still hadn't made it to the hotel. It was only natural for him to get lost; he only had the original owners' memories and his poor sense of direction to go on. Instead of the hotel, Xue Yuan made it to an unfamiliar alley. 'I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in this alley,' It was dark, but he kept walking. The bag with his belongings was swung over his right shoulder. When it got too dark to see, he reached into his pocket to grab his phone to use as a flashlight.

     As Xue Yuan reached for the phone in his pocket, he heard hurried foot steps behind him. He paused, then turned around to see who it was. Before he could turn his head, he was kicked to the ground and pinned down. Due to the sudden motion, his phone fell out of his pocket and crashed onto the ground along with the bag that was on his shoulder. The pain Xue Yuan felt was enough to make him curse, but the position he was in made it hard for him to do so.

     "Boss, what should we do with him?" A deep voice came out of the man that had Xue Yuan pinned to the ground.

     "Tie him up for now. We have to figure out what to do now that things have gone south."

     "I can't believe those snakes!? They must have gone insane!, to even think of doing something like this to the young master!"

     Xue Yuan stayed silent as he listened in on the conversation the group of men were having. Following the orders of the man not far away, the man with the deep voice kicked Xue Yuan before tying up his arms and legs with the rope they had on hand and moving him against one of the alley walls. Xue Yuan was calm. He would just wait until they decided to let him go. If they had other plans, he would step in. But for now, it was unnecessary.

     From where he was sitting and what he could see in the dark alley, there were five men and one woman. There was one man leaning on the wall across from where he was leaning. Xue Yuan assumed that was the young master they were discussing based on their conversation. The rest must be his bodyguards. It had nothing to do with him, so he ignored their words and remained silent.

     After a few minutes, a gust of wind blew. Instead of the wind bringing a refreshing breeze, it brought the stench of blood. Xue Yuan frowned. He could feel a headache coming on.

     The group of people seemed to panic. Their master had been attacked during a gathering. It was their fault that their master got hurt. They should have been more vigilant.

     "Boss, the young master has lost too much blood, he's barely conscious. What should we do?" The man with a deep voice turned to his boss, the panic clear in his voice.

     "We don't have a choice. We can only wait for the master to send a driver to come and pick up the young master to be treated at the main house. It would be too dangerous to take the young master to a nearby hospital. The enemy could strike at any moment." The boss responded.

     "But boss, look at the state the young master is in. There is no way he will make it until he reaches the main house. He has to get treated now! We can't just let him die!!" The woman exclaimed.

     "You think I want to let the young master die!? We have no other choice! Do any of you know how to treat the young masters' wounds!? Or do you want to put the young master in even more danger by bringing him exactly where the enemy wants!?" The boss shouted.

     Everyone went silent. They all knew their boss was right. All they could do was hope they weren't too late.

3