Chapter- 2.3
26 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     One of the men asked the boss, "What should we do about him then, boss?"

     "It would be best to get rid of him. We can't let anyone know that the young master has been injured." The boss replied.

     Xue Yuan just took a deep breath and exhaled. One of the men approached him with a knife in his hand, grabbed his hair, pulled his head back, and slit his throat. At least that's what would have happened if Xue Yuan hadn't reluctantly opened his mouth when the man made his way over.

     "Wait-" he said.

     "I can help your young master."

     The man paused, "What do you mean you can help our young master?" The others looked over when they heard Xue Yuan's words.

     "I'm a doctor. I can help treat your young master." Xue Yuan said. The more he spoke, the stronger his headache became.

     When Xue Yuan first spoke, they had a little hope. They hoped that he knew someone in the area that could come and help their young master, or maybe, by a miracle, he actually possessed a healing capsule that could help the master hold on until he made it to the main house. But what they heard instead was a joke. How could this man they found in an alley be a doctor? It was just impossible. Even though they did plan on killing him, they still felt this cruel joke was too much.

     "Enough, just kill him already. We have to get into formation. Anything can happen. Protect the young master at all costs." The boss said.

     The group cast a disdainful gaze at Xue Yuan before shifting their attention back to their young master. The man's angry face could be seen as he got closer to Xue Yuan. Xue Yuan frowned, seeing as no one believed him, but to be fair, even he wouldn't believe himself either. He knew it would be hard for them to believe him, but he had to bet on the fact that they would take a chance to save their young master. Through their conversation and the shallow breathing he could hear coming from their young master, he knew he wouldn't last much longer without treatment.

     "It's true, I am a doctor. In my bag there is a black case. Look inside and you'll see some medical tools I have with me. I can help your young master, but you have to let me treat him now or it will be too late; he has lost too much blood." Xue Yuan projected his calm voice. But instead of speaking to the man in front of him, he was speaking to the man everyone called boss.

     Everyone hesitated about whether to trust Xue Yuan or not, but when they looked at their young master, they knew it was their only hope. If Xue Yuan lied to them or hurt their young master, they would kill him on the spot. The woman picked up Xue Yuan's bag off the ground and pulled out his black case. Xue Yuans' eyes narrowed as she opened it.

     "There really are medical tools in here, boss. What do you think?" The woman responded.

     They were all suspicious, but what could they do? "We will let you treat our young master. But if you do anything suspicious, we will kill you immediately." The boss agreed.

3