Chapter- 2.4
51 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     The boss had Xue Yuan untied and handed him his case. Xue Yuan asked if they could move locations, but they said moving locations would be too dangerous. Xue Yuan shrugged and stayed silent. Since they were in an alley, they could only lay their young master on the ground, using their coats as a makeshift pillow. Xue Yuan kneeled beside the young master and was surrounded by the group as they looked at him with burning eyes, ready to take him out the moment he did something suspicious.

     Normally, under no circumstances would a doctor ever think of performing treatment in an alley, but Xue Yuan had his reasons for not minding at all. Xue Yuan began by tearing open the young masters' white dress shirt. After the shirt was removed, he could see the wound on his chest with the help of lighting provided by the groups smart watches.

     'The wound looks awful, but with some cleaning and suturing, he should be fine. His treatment had been delayed, so he lost too much blood. It's a miracle this young master managed to remain semi-conscious.' Although the young master hadn't said a word and had his eyes closed, he knew he was still conscious from the periodic movement of his eyes under his eyelids and his pursed lips as he endured the pain.

     Xue Yuan took a breath, reaching into his case and pulling out some gauze, iodine, and other tools needed to disinfect the wound. Looking at the wound, there doesn't seem to be anything lodged inside. Whatever wounded the young master was ripped out by force. This made Xue Yuan frown deeply. 'It's common knowledge to never pull out a foreign body because doing so causes you to bleed out and causes more damage to the nerves and everything else surrounding it if not done by a professional,' Xue Yuan could only shake his head at the medical knowledge of this world.

     The group surrounding Xue Yuan watched him like a hawk, making sure he didn't harm their young master. But none of them knew if what Xue Yuan was doing was right or not. When they saw their young master frown after Xue Yuan touched his wound, they got anxious. When they saw the calm expression on Xue Yuan's face and his movements that looked practiced, they held back from interfering. They knew it would take time their young master didn't have for the masters driver to arrive.

     When Xue Yuan needed something, he would reach into his case and grab it. Besides asking the group to move the lights from the smart watches from time to time, he was silent. Xue Yuan cleaned and disinfected the wound, using a simple suturing technique to stop the bleeding. He pulled out some more gauze and bandages to bandage the wound. Xue Yuan thought for a moment but shook his head, deciding against the idea.

     They had all been sceptical about Xue Yuan in the beginning, but as the treatment went on, they found themselves immersed in the movement of his hands. They were mesmerizing. Every movement he made was both elegant and fluid without the slightest bit of hesitation.

     They were relieved when they saw their young masters' creased brows smooth.

     "He's not in danger of losing his life anymore. I disinfected and sutured the wound. He had lost too much blood, so it will take some time for him to recover. When he gets home, his bandages should be changed, and he should be given some painkillers. When he is fully conscious, make sure he doesn't eat any heavy foods, only light food for the first few days. Any excessive movement should be avoided; it will reopen his wound and affect the healing process." Xue Yuan spoke to the boss as he wiped his hands with disinfectant wipes. He didn't bother to tell them to take their young master to a hospital or doctor because, he's already done everything there is to do. Based on the memories he received, with this type of wound, they wouldn't be able to do anything other than prescribe some painkillers. And based on what he's heard, they seem to want to keep this matter secret.

     The boss nodded at his words. They were all relieved to see that their young master's breathing was becoming stable. Hearing that he was no longer in danger of losing his life, they were overjoyed. Their young master would make it until the masters driver takes him to the main house.

     Xue Yuan was in the middle of putting his tools in his case when a black car pulled up and stopped at the entrance to the alley. The group seemed to recognise the car as their eyes lit up when a middle-aged man rushed out of the car and opened the back seat.

     "Quickly, get the young master into the car, be careful not to touch his wound." The boss said to the group of people.

     Without hesitation, they nodded and helped their young master up and into the car. Once he was seated, a man asked, "What about that man over there, boss? What should we do with him?"

     The boss looked over, but before he said anything, the young master opened his mouth and spoke in a hoarse voice, "Leave him alone, he did just save my life."

     "All right, let's go."

     With those few words, the group nodded and entered the car. Two rode in the car with their young master, and the rest rode in the car behind, leaving Xue Yuan in the alley. Before the car drove off, Xue Yuan saw the young master stare at him and give him a mischievous smile.

     Xue Yuan was bewildered. 'What a strange man. He has a wound on his chest and must be in pain, but he still has the strength to smile.' Xue Yuan snickered. 'That young master said nothing when his men wanted me dead. He was clearly still conscious and could have ordered them to let me go.' Xue Yuan was glad he hadn't given that young master any painkillers.      

     Xue Yuan finished packing his bag and left the alley, making his way to the hotel. It was really late. Today was a strange day for him, he was very tired. After checking into the hotel, Xue Yuan went to his room and fell asleep. Oblivious to the fact that a certain young master set his sight on a certain young man.

4