2 – The First Tutorial
488 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Welcome To The Tutorial!

I raise my eyebrow in question as I stare at the blue screen. The god never mentioned a thing about a ‘tutorial’. I briefly searched for a skip button but nothing jumped out at me. Moving on from that idea, I tried to view my surroundings, but everywhere I looked the blue screen followed.

I wish this damn screen would go away!

As if spurred on by my thought, the blue screen winked out of existence. I blinked in surprise. 

Uhh… Reappear?

The screen appeared once again. But this time, it read:

Would you like to tie the command, “Reappear” and “Disappear” to the system?

Yes.

The words on the screen were replaced by new ones informing me that the commands were now tied to the system. I shrugged and commanded the screen to go away. Then I began to look around once again. I was in a lush forest overflowing with plants of every color imaginable. Every hue of green that you could think of was represented in the small portion of the overgrowth I could see from my vantage point on top of a small hill covered in soft green grass. I had only ever seen such prosperous growth when I entered the cursed forest to unlock the secrets of runic arts. Which of course, I could no longer use. Swell. Which brought me back to what I could do. Cultivate. I sat down in a cross-legged position and closed my eyes. But I immediately opened them again. 

"I have no Chi?"

Chi is the lifeblood of martial arts and cultivation. It pushes the body farther than it can go and allows you to use special techniques. In the past, I had thousands of years worth of chi saved up. Shaking my head, I began to cultivate. After 5 minutes, using the Heavenly Demonic Breathing Art, I was able to enhance myself to the 3rd stage of "Body Tempering". The levels of cultivation go in this order: first, the body tempering realm. This is where you evolve your body to handle the more complicated techniques you would use in the future. Second is the Chi Gathering realm. In this realm you begin to gather Chi and harness its energy for simple tasks, like lighting a lamp. Third is the Chi Creation realm, where cultivators begin to create Chi subconsciously and learn to more effectively harness its power. Finally, cultivators reach the 4th realm, the Chi Immortal realm. In this realm, you become a master of your Chi and techniques. In the past, many masters claimed to have achieved a realm beyond this, but I never bought it. After all, the only constant is power. 

I figured 3rd stage was plenty for now, so I decided to explore the tutorial. But as soon as I took a step, a red system notification appeared. It read:

 

Urgent Quest: "Tutorial 1: Defeat The Goblin Horde" has been activated. Distributing starter weapon. Select your starter weapon.

A list of weapons appeared before me. I selected the sword after some consideration and ready myself for the coming battle. The screen blinked away after I chose my weapon. After about a minute, I noticed a low rumbling sound. I ignored it and continued to practice my breathing technique. Then, on the horizon, came a massive horde of goblins. I counted about a thousand, maybe more, but I didn’t have much time to count before they were right on top of me.  Immediately leaped into the fray and began to slay goblin after pathetic goblin. It was like my sword was cutting through a piece of paper. But I quickly grew tired. The sheer amount of goblins never seemed to diminish, and if things continued this way, I’d be fucked for sure. But then a blue glow appeared to my left and I instantly focused on it. Goblins were using some weird scrolls to summon more goblins. Ignoring the creatures in front of me, I leaped at the goblins holding scrolls. They screeched, and tried to run away, but I cut them down in the blink of an eye. They dropped the scrolls they were clutching, which floated in place along with a few other things. I ignored them and continued to slay the goblins. After a few hours, without the ones summoning more, the Goblin forces slowly crumbled under my crushing, unstoppable power. Then a system notification appeared. 

Tutorial 1 Clear! Distributing reward points...

Points Awarded:

-Killed All Goblins: 1000 points.

-Killed Goblin Summoners: 1000 points.

-Beat The Mission In Under 24 Hours: 10000 points.

-Fastest Clear Of The 1st Tutorial: 10000 points.

-Growth Bonus: 350 points.

Current Points: 22350

Additional Reward: you have the most points after clearing the first Tutorial. You may select one "Item" from the shop.

I opened the shop and began to view the items. After carefully looking for a while, my eyes landed on something interesting. "Skill scrolls? What are these?" I clicked on the submenu for skill scrolls and began to search through them. Eventually, I discovered one that I wanted. It was called, "Strike Of Revenge". After I was hit, I could activate this skill and return a hit with triple the da.age I took, and said damage ignored all armor I have when calculating the damage I took. The skill could be devastating against powerful monsters, but against a group like the goblin gang it was next to useless. I held the skill scroll I selected above my head and thought, 'learn skill'. Suddenly, a small ding sounded out as a new skill appeared in my skills list. I smiled and went out to pick up the loot. A few of those summoner goblins dropped skill scrolls, which I would research later. In addition, I received more points, making me even either than I was before. This was a great start to the tutorial. I smiled and opened the window that asked if I wanted to move on. I clicked yes, and a blue circle enveloped me. 

Welcome to the 2nd Tutorial!

Hi, author’s note. My sincerest apologies for not writing a chapter for like 3 weeks, I have no excuses other than I’m just really darn lazy, but I’ll do my best to release weekly chapters from now on! Thanks for reading!

13