Chapter 2 – Mount Castle High
795 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fairfield, Connecticut-The Planet Earth 

“Aaaah!” Emilia woke up screaming as if something attacked her. But when her eyes opened she was safe in her bedroom. “Hunh? I was dreaming.” Clearing her white hair from her face, she picked up her glasses from the side table and glanced at the clock. “Oh no, I’m gonna be late!” The teen then leaped out of bed to get ready for school. 

Castle

Emilia arrived on time at the prestigious Mount Castle High School for Girls. But on her way, she wondered about the strange dream. I forgot most of it. But I do remember being on an open plain with a creepy sky above. Weird.

Once she entered the building she hurried to her wall locker to get a heavy textbook for government class. But her sticky locker wouldn't open. Silly door. Don’t make me struggle.

As Emilia fought the locker, someone called out. “Heya, Em!”

“Hm?” Emilia turned to see two student council members. “Oh, hi Rebecca. Hi Stephanie. What’s up?”

“Nothing much,” Rebecca said, whipping her sandy blonde hair. “It’s just that the back-to-school dance is in three weeks and I really need another plus-one ticket.” 

“Oh.” Emilia frowned. Of course, Rebecca would only talk to her if she needed something. “Yeah, well I also need my plus-one ticket.”

“For who? You barely speak to anyone in this school, let alone an outsider you can invite to the dance.” 

“You don’t know who my friends are,” Emilia snapped. “And I just so happen to need my ticket.”

“Oh?” Rebecca smirked. “Do you need the ticket more than you need the auditorium to hold your script reading?”

“What?” Emilia’s heart dropped. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “So you’re gonna abuse your council authority to deny me the auditorium?” 

“Heh.” Rebecca smiled and moved closer. “I don’t wanna deny you anything, Em. In fact, I don’t care about your reading in the auditorium, or the theater club. What I do care about is getting another ticket to the dance. A ticket I know you won't use.”

“You don’t know that.”

“Emilia?” The dark-haired Stephanie spoke up. “Rebecca is simply asking you for a ticket that you’re not using. Why are you making a fuss about it?” 

“...” Emilia frowned, she more than likely wouldn’t use the plus-one ticket. And the tickets were worth gold to popular girls like Stephanie and Rebecca. They'd give them to their friends from other schools so the friends could attend the Mount Castle parties. But it wasn’t right for them to extort the ticket out of her. However, Emilia understood she'd gain nothing but scorn if she said no. That would just make these girls pettier than they are. “Fine, you can have it.” Emilia dug in her bag and retrieved the pink ticket. She then handed it to Rebecca. “But if you give me a hard time about the auditorium-.”

“Nobody's giving you a hard time about anything,” Rebecca said, snatching the ticket. “And thanks.”

“Whatever." 

Emilia scowled while Rebecca and Stephanie walked away giddy. A second later Emilia’s friend Alice arrived. 

“Good morning, Em.”

“Oh, good morning, Alice." Emilia smiled while jiggling the wall locker.

"The school hasn't fixed your door yet?"

“I haven’t really complained about it,” she answered, just as the locker opened. She then grabbed the big textbook and Alice’s arm. “Come on!”

Additions

The bell rang as the two sophomores ran to homeroom. But once inside a buzz stirred among the students. 

"What's going on?" Emilia asked, taking her seat.

"Everyone is talking about the three transfers that showed up in the main office this morning." 

"Why? Are they special?"

"I don't know, you tell me," Alice said, pointing at the room entrance.

"Eh?" Emilia looked up just as three drop-dead beautiful girls entered the class. "Oh wow."

“Exactly,” Alice agreed.

The three transfers were of different ethnicities, but all appeared foreign. And their school uniforms, red pleated skirt, and white-shirt fit them like they’d stepped out of a fashion magazine. 

The homeroom teacher then presented the new students. “Class, these ladies are international transfers and I want you to make them feel at home here in Mount Castle, ok!" She turned to the new students. "So ladies, can you please introduce yourselves to the class?” 

The tall olive-skinned beauty spoke first. “Good morning everyone, my name is Cassia Krieger. And these two are my sisters, Mina and Angel.”

“Hey,” greeted the black-haired sister, Mina. 

“A pleasure to meet you all,” said the gold-brown-haired Angel.

And although the girls were obviously of three different backgrounds, no one questioned how they were sisters with the same surname of Krieger.

But one student dared to ask, “Hello, what country are you all from?”

“Norway,” Angel answered in an unmistakable English accent. 

“Huh? But your accen-”

“We’re well traveled,” Cassia replied with a smile. Thus shutting down the question and answer session. 

The teacher then spoke up, “Class, we’ll all get to know the sisters later. For now let’s get them situated.” 

But before she could assign seats, the sister named Mina pointed at Emilia and spoke up. “Hey, Ms. Teacher. There’s an open desk next to that white-haired girl with glasses.” 

The teacher glanced over. “Ah yes, Emilia Dade. She’s a fine student and she can help you with class notes. Emilia, please raise your hand.”

“Umm,” Emilia squeaked while turning red from all of the attention. Not only was the entire class gaping at her, but the three gorgeous sisters glared at her. They look like they want to eat me. But I have to be brave. She then raised her hand. “Sure, I'm happy to help.”

“Thank you so much,” the one called Cassia said with a smile as the three strutted toward Emilia. 

“No problem. But there’s only one seat,” Emilia said. 

“Well, I’m sure these other ladies won’t mind moving so that we can all sit together, right?” Angel asked, glaring at Alice and another girl seated near Emilia. 

“Err.” Alice looked at Emilia and then stood up. “Yeah, it's fine. I’ll just move to another seat.”

“You're a dear, and we do appreciate it,” Cassia replied, smiling.

Once Alice and the other girl moved, Cassia sat on Emilia’s right, Mina sat on Emilia’s left, and Angel sat in front of Emilia. All of them turned in their seats to face the bespectacled girl, giving her a near panic attack. 

“H-hello,” Emilia greeted, her voice shaking. “My name is Emilia, but everybody calls me Em. It’s nice to meet you all. And I’ll do my best to help you with any class notes you need. But don’t worry about catching up. It’s only the third day of school.” After speaking, Emilia lowered her eyes in deference to the sisters' heavy presence. But she still felt them staring at her. 

“Even if it’s only Wednesday, we still want to be prepared,” Cassia said as the three pulled out their schedules and presented them to Emilia. 

When Emilia checked, she noticed that each girl had a class with her. “Oh, this is convenient. Looks like I have fifth period lunch and one class each with all of you.”

“That’s good. And don’t worry. We won’t bother you too much,” Mina said, placing her hand on Emilia’s shoulder.

“Ah!” As soon as Mina touched her, Emilia’s body jolted as if struck by lightning. What the heck was that?

“You alright?” Mina asked. "You seem jumpy."

“Um, I’m fine." Emilia looked away. "And I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to react like that.”

"Why? I liked your reaction." 

"Huh?" Emilia blushed. "What do you mean?"

"My sister meant you're a kind girl," Angel answered. "Not used to being touched."

"Oh, right." Emilia glanced back at the black-haired Mina and then down again. These Krieger girls are uninhibited. I should be careful around them. But although her first thought was caution, she stole another look at Mina. And when she did, a strange euphoria draped her whole body, forcing her to sit back. Oh my. Unable to explain the feeling, Emilia lowered her eyes. After that, the first-period bell rang.

"I believe you and I have a class now," Angel said.

“That’s right,” Emilia replied, clearing her head. 

"So then, will you escort me there, Ms. Emilia? Being that I’m new and all.”

"Oh, sure. Heh." Emilia’s face turned red as she nervously pushed up her glasses. And when she stood up the three sisters continued staring at her. Each with a sinister grin. 

Oh my, who are these girls?

...

From left to right: Angel, Emilia, Cassia, Mina

illustrated by ReverieReine

21