Chapter 5 – Sport Mina
479 5 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ball

The school day went great for Emilia after meeting the Krieger sisters. Now at the end of eighth period, she'd forgotten her morning troubles while sitting with Mina in the gymnasium bleachers. The two watched volleyball footage on Emilia's phone while waiting for the team tryouts to start. 

“Look at that clean spike!” Emilia pointed at the screen.

“Awesome, I can’t wait to do that,” Mina said while adjusting her tight, navy blue gym shorts. 

“You will. But remember, only the serving team scores.”

“I know. I’m ready.” 

Mina stretched out and imitated the volleyball athletes in the video. And while she moved, Emilia noticed Mina’s toned abs. Oh my. 

After a minute, the coaches called for the new tryouts to come to the floor.  

“Wish me luck,” Mina said.

“Good luck!” Emilia cheered. 

But as soon as Mina stepped on the gym floor, Stephanie walked over to her. Stephanie was also trying out for the team, so she also wore her form-fitting gym shorts. No doubt to show off in front of Mina. 

But to make matters worse, as Stephanie and Mina talked on the side, Rebecca appeared and entered their conversation. Emilia frowned at the sight. I know Stephanie and Rebecca want to pull Mina and the other sisters into their clique. “Oh well.” 

“Oh well, what?” asked a voice. 

“Hm?” When Emilia glanced down Angel and Cassia were climbing the bleachers. “Oh, hi!”

“Is something bothering you?” Cassia asked as she and Angel looked over at Mina. 

“No, I’m fine. The tryouts are about to start.”

“Who are those girls talking to Mina?” Angel asked. 

“That’s Stephanie in the gym shorts. The other girl is Rebecca. They’re on the student council.”

“Council?” Angel squinted. “Meaning student government?”

“Yeah, one is a treasurer, one is an administrator. But school government doesn’t mean much. Those two and the president are just in charge of events and stuff.”

“In charge, you say?”

“Dear sister, Mina is about to start. We can discuss your aspirations later,” Cassia chided Angel.

“You're right and I’ll behave,” Angel said as she and Cassia sat with Emilia to watch the volleyball tryouts. "Now, go team."

Athlete

Five minutes into the tryouts, Mina proved herself a natural. Whenever the ball reached her she either attacked, assisted, or spiked it over the net for the roar of the handful of onlookers. “Whoa, that girl is amazing, who is she? Her name is Mina. I heard she transferred in this morning. Wow, she can play, and she has a great ass.”

“Hee, hee!” Cassia chuckled listening to the crowd. “Mina was always the athlete among us.”

“Did she climb trees when she was little?” Emilia asked. 

“She climbed everything that got in her way,” Angel answered. 

After only eight minutes of play, the coaches saw enough of Mina. They immediately pulled her to the side and gave her a ruby-red team jersey, with the number seven on it.

"Yay, sis!" Cassia clapped as Mina walked toward them with a smile on her face.

"I’m a Redcat now," Mina said, displaying the team name on the jersey.

"Of course, you are, dear sister. Those other girls couldn’t stop you," Angel bragged.

"Nah, they couldn't." Mina grinned.

As for Emilia, seeing Mina happy sent a wave of pleasure through her. "Congratulations, Mina."

"Thanks for helping me with the footage, Emilia."

"Anytime."

But Emilia stopped smiling when Stephanie and Rebecca walked over to Mina. 

“Nice show, Krieger.” Stephanie patted Mina's back. 

“I see you also made the team, number ten.” Mina pointed at Stephanie’s red team jersey. 

“Yeah, I've been playing since middle school,” Stephanie bragged. 

Emilia rolled her eyes at the conversation. A second later, Rebecca introduced herself to the sisters and they all engaged in small talk. Except for Emilia. She remained seated on the bleachers while the girls discussed school activities. Such as the first team game and the student dance at the end of the month.

"That reminds me, did you girls get your tickets to the dance?" Rebecca asked. 

"No, we haven't," Angel answered.

"Come to the main office after this. You each get two tickets in case you want to invite another girl from another school," Rebecca explained. "I have like four of my friends coming to the dance and hanging out with me that weekend."

"Wait," Mina said, looking at Rebecca with a puzzled face. "But you said we only get one extra ticket?"

"Oh, other students who aren't using them give them to me."

"What?" Emilia blurted out from the bleachers. She had enough of Rebecca. And in the presence of the Krieger sisters, she felt confident enough to speak up. "I didn't give you my ticket, you extorted it from me, you liar."

All of the girls looked at Emilia, and then at Rebecca, who defended herself. "Stop being a drama queen, Em. You weren't using the ticket so it wasn’t a loss to you.”

"Yes, it was a loss. I'm out a ticket just because you threatened to withhold the auditorium from me."

"Now you're making up stuff. I wasn't going to withhold anything from you," Rebecca then looked at Stephanie. "Steph, you were with me. Emilia wasn't going to use her ticket right?"

But Stephanie appeared to back away from the argument. "I don't know, Rebecca. You did mention the auditorium."

"So what if I did? Who's side are you on?"

During the back and forth the Krieger sisters glared at Rebecca. Their expressions then changed from frowns to disgust.

"Hey, you should give Emilia back her ticket," Mina said to Rebecca.

"Yeah, no, I have plans for that ticket. And besides, Emilia wasn't going to use it.” 

"Whether she uses it or not, you took it from her against her will," Angel said, staring at Rebecca.

"And under duress," Cassia added.

“Ah.” Emilia's eyes widened. She was flattered by the sisters defending her. But it made her anxious. I don't deserve their help. And I should be fighting my own battle, not dragging them into it.

"Fine, if you're all going to act like virgins about this, then here, Emilia!” Rebecca said, pulling a pink ticket from her bag and throwing it on the floor. “Take your damn plus-one back. I'll just get another one, whatever." 

"How rude," Angel snapped. 

"Exactly. And I'm not taking any crap from you foreign transfers," Rebecca hissed. "And I will let everyone know that Emilia is your pet, and the three of you are probably narcs anyway- ah..ah.." Rebecca stopped talking and began to sweat. “Ah..ah!” Appearing unable to breathe, she then loosened her tie and collar.

"Are you all right?" Mina asked. 

"Ah?" Rebecca just looked at her while her head became drenched in sweat. "I just need some air." Then with a crooked walk, Rebecca tried to cross the gym. But when she took two steps, a burst of wind seemed to lift her leg up from behind, dropping the sandy blonde face-first to the floor. "Oof!" Rebecca cried out as the same wind lifted her dress and exposed her floral underwear. 

A dozen students in the gym turned when Rebecca fell. "Oh my God, Rebecca? Is she all right? Look, she has pretty flowers on her panties." But things only got worse when a pool of water appeared to stream from Rebecca's underpants and onto the floor. "Oh no, she peed herself! Get her to the nurse!"

"Yes, that girl needs attention," Angel mocked as the Krieger sisters shook their heads at Rebecca. Her face planted on the ground.

Within seconds a few girls lifted Rebecca to her feet. But once up, she brushed herself off and stated, "No this isn't pee on me, it's water, I don't know. I didn't piss on myself." But no one listened.

"Oh no." Emilia covered her mouth as a wave of guilt washed over her. I didn't wish for that to happen to Rebecca, did I?

As Emilia watched the scene, Mina appeared next to her. "Hey, is this yours?" she asked, displaying a pink ticket. 

"Oh, right. It is," Emilia meekly responded and took the item from Mina.

"Yeah, that Rebecca girl won't be needing it anymore."

"I guess she won’t. Anyway, thank you for sticking up for me. But you didn't have to," Emilia said, looking away. For even though she appreciated Mina backing her, Emilia still felt guilty for causing the trouble.

"It wasn't just for you," Mina replied with a wink before walking back to her sisters. 

"Ah." Emilia turned red. Embarrassed about the situation and for believing it was all about her. But when she glanced back at Mina it was too late. For Emilia had fallen hard for the black-haired rogue. Who was now on the volleyball team. 

…Mina's so cool!

 

...

24