Chapter Eight
1.4k 7 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The school day has ended and the Student Council President Ami Yoko called Haru for his assistance.

"Excuse me, is Ami-senpai here?" Upon entering the teacher's lounge, he was scanning the room and saw his violet haired upperclassman talking to a teacher. "Oh, my helper is here. Please excuse me sensei. Ena-kun, I'm over here."

Haru walks over to Yoko and the both of them wave hi to each other. "I got your text Ami-senpai. What do you need me to do?"

"Thanks for coming to my aid Ena-kun. Can you help me carry these papers back to the student council room?" On the table beside her is a stack of papers, that's about the size of an unopened ream of paper, but stacked five more times on top of it.

Haru walks up to the stack of papers and carries it. "Oh? It's not that heavy." Haru didn't expect the stack to be light. He turns to Yoko and she smiles at him. "Thanks a lot! Let's go shall we?"

Haru and Yoko leave the teacher's lounge and head towards the Student Council Room that is on the third floor. The walk up the stairs was a little awkward but Haru managed to get up there! At the end of the hallway was the Student Council room. "Please come in, Ena-kun."

Yoko opens the door for Haru and Haru steps inside. "Wow, so this is the Student Council room."

The student council room actually looks like an actual lounge unlike the teacher's lounge. There was a L-shaped sofa that surrounded a round table in the corner. It seems like this is where the members would have a small tea party. On the opposite side is a desk that was facing the entrance. This seems to be the desk where Yoko sits in while doing her duty as the Student Council President. On the opposite corner were a bunch of tables lined up next to each other. This is where the student council holds their meetings.

"Just leave the papers here Ena-kun." Haru follows her voice and sees her stand by her desk. Haru walks over and sets the stack of papers down. "Thank you for your help. Have a seat over there by the sofa. I'll prepare some tea for us."

"I'll take up your offer then Ami-senpai." Haru heads over to the sofa and sits down. Haru sighs and lets his eyes wander around the room.

This is my first time being here despite being in school for two years. Since the school day just ended, I should have some time before I head out.

It was then that Haru remembers that Shou said that it was okay not to come to work today due to his sprained ankle. Speaking of his ankle, ever since he walked up three flights of stairs, his ankle has been hurting again.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." Yoko was at the table with a tray. The tray had a teapot, teacups, and a few snacks. "Here you go." Yoko says as she serves her freshly brewed tea to Haru. Besides the tea was a piece of cake and upon further inspection, the frosting had small pieces of lemon zest. "Please try the lemon cake I made. It's a bit tart, but it should help replenish your energy."

"Thank you so much Ami-senpai."

"It's your reward for helping me. Oh, let me also give you this for your troubles." Yoko takes something out from her skirt pocket and sets it down in front of Haru. What she placed down was two white pills. As soon as she puts down the pills, she walks back to her desk.

Are these painkillers?

Haru glances over to Yoko and their eyes meet for a brief moment. Yoko nods her head and smiles.

She's quite observant though thank you Ami-senpai. I really needed this.

Haru thanks her in his heart and swallows the painkillers. The pain in his ankle was distracting enough to force him to think about the pain, forgetting what was going on around him.

After spending some time with Yoko, Haru decides that it's time to leave. "I'll be leaving Ami-senpai. Thank you for the tea and cake."

"You're welcome. Thanks again for your help. Please watch yourself as you leave the school and please take it easy at your part-time job."

Haru smiles, nods his head, and leaves the room.

***

Oh, Ena-kun just got home. I thought he went to his part-time job after school?

As Shina was making her dinner, she heard Haru's door close. Shina is an observant woman who pays close attention to Haru. She remembers what time he wakes up, what time he goes to sleep, his favorite foods, cafes, and hobbies, but the one thing she doesn't know at all is what Haru does for his job.

He's taking a shower? Is he planning to head out for dinner? I want to share some of my curry with him. I have to hurry before he leaves.

Shina prepares a container filled with her freshly made curry. She went to a mirror to freshen up. Even if it was just for a moment, Shina wanted to appear her best whenever she met with Haru.

Alright, I think this is good enough! I hope Haru will love my cooking! I made sure the sauce is mild and there's plenty of meat! 

Shina leaves her apartment and walks over to Haru's apartment. She takes a deep breath to calm her nerves and just as she was about to knock on his door-

The door opens up and she is met with a surreal moment. In front of her was a handsome man with a seductive emerald gaze who was also surprised by her sudden appearance. "Uh, can I help you?" The man asks.

"Oh! Um… is Ena-kun home?"

"Ena…kun?" The man pauses to think and realizes who she was talking about, "Oh? You mean Haru?"

"Yes. I made curry for dinner and made a bit too much so I wanted to give this to him."

"Wow! Haru has such a cute girlfriend who makes him dinner! Sadly he isn't here at the moment, but I'll make sure to remind him that his girlfriend made him dinner."

"No! No! I-I'm not his girlfriend! I'm just-just a classmate!"

"Really? But you're so cute! I swear that boy is missing out on his youth!"

Shina laughs and says, "Haha! Thank you. If I ever get to be his girlfriend, it'll be a dream come true."

"Is that so? Oh, would you like to come in and leave the food on his table?" Shina accepts the offer and enters the apartment. She leaves the food on the table with a note and leaves.

"Thank you for letting me leave the food inside."

"You're welcome. I have to get going now so enjoy your evening."

"Thank you." The man waves goodbye and heads toward the elevator. Shina watches as his back grows smaller and smaller. Deep down, she wanted to ask for his name, but the words couldn't come out.

The elevator doors open and he enters. As the doors were closing, the man gave her what she yearned. "I'm Kousuke."

It was nice meeting you. Kousuke was what she wanted to say.

34