Chapter Eleven
1.1k 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What's the condition?"

I wonder what kind of conditions she has for me. I'm already her brother so what else can she ask for? Perhaps…

"Whatever is going on in your head is wrong."

"Is that so? Then what is the condition you have set forth?"

"You and Hiyori-san won that secret raffle prize earlier today right?"

"Yeah from Ari- I mean yeah from that fashion and beauty company. What about it? Do you want to switch spots?"

Yoko shakes her head and continues, "No, nothing like that. They said something about a photoshoot, so if there is one, I would like a photo of you from that photoshoot."

"Is that all?"

"Yep! I would like a small photo of you from that photoshoot. A photo small enough that I can keep in my purse if possible and if possible the largest photo of you as well."

"Alright then… I'll hand them to you once I receive it."

"Awesome!" Yoko jumps up in excitement and then checks her phone. To her surprise, the time shown was close to her curfew. "Oh, it's that late already? Haru-kun, can you please walk me back home?"

"Sure thing." I paid for our drinks and left the cafe. Once outside, Yoko wrapped one of her arms with mine and guided me to her home. "Oi oi, why are we linking arms?"

"It's so that other men can't get me. If they see that I have such a handsome boyfriend, they would back off. See? See?"

I glance around us and can see that men ranging from high school students to businessmen are eyeing Yoko. The jealousy in their eyes is quite scary; as if they're cursing me deep down.

"See Haru-kun? I wish you could walk me home starting tomorrow, but I know you have to go to your part-time job after school."

"I'm sorry Yoko-chan."

"There's no need to be sorry, but I'm glad this is a secret between us. Knowing the gloomy Haru-kun is actually an ikeman is quite something to keep a secret." She giggles.

A few minutes later, we finally reached her home. It's a simple home that didn't stand out from the others. If I was wandering in this neighborhood,  I wouldn't have guessed that this normal looking house would be Yoko-senpai's despite her noble-like personality. 

"Thank you Haru-kun for bringing me back home. As thanks, come to the Student Council room tomorrow during lunch. I'll have a surprise for you."

"Understood. I'll come by tomorrow."

"Good! Now one last thing!" Yoko steps forward and slightly bows her head towards me. "Hm?" I was confused as to why she was bowing her head to me. A few seconds have passed of doing nothing  and then Yoko exploded, "Geez Haru-niichan! Take a hint!! I'm asking for a head pat! Head! Pats! Pat my head now!!!"

Surprised by her ferocious tone, I immediately complied because I was worrying what her neighbors or family would be thinking about.

"I get it! I get it! Please lower your voice. It's already night time."

"Then give me my head pats please Haru-niichan."

"Understood." I took her hand, pull her towards me, and embraces her. From there, I begin to pat the back of her head slowly.

This… this is quite nice from the normal pats. I can feel the gentleness and kindness that comes from Haru. The way he does it so slowly is making me sleepy…

I can feel Yoko push up and nuzzle against my chest. Her arms wrap around me and then nuzzle with her forehead while letting out a sigh of contentment.

"Haru-niichan, why is your heart beating so fast?"

"Uh well… It's because Yoko-chan is being cute whenever I pat her head."

"I see, hihi." She pulls away from my embrace and thanks me, "Thank you for tonight Haru-kun. I'll see you tomorrow at lunch okay?"

"Yeah. Take care Yoko-San. Good night."

"Good night." I waved goodbye to Yoko as she entered her home. I left her neighborhood and headed back into the bustling city.

Now that this is over, I should go home and go to sleep or maybe get something to eat since I haven't had dinner yet. Hiyori gave me some of her homemade curry. I wonder if it will taste good considering her lunch today wasn't that well either.

As I was wandering aimlessly through the city, I was thinking about what to do next. Thinking about it now, maybe I should restock on groceries since I'm out here anyways. There's no better time to go grocery shopping!

With that decided, I went to the grocery store that I go to for my groceries. It was close to the apartment and there are always good deals to score if I look properly.

The best time to go grocery shopping, in my opinion, is at night. The store is in the process of being restocked and there aren't many customers so being able to grab some decent and cheap priced groceries will be such a steal!

***

After some time had passed, I completed my grocery shopping and headed back home. With a couple of plastic bags in each hand, I begin the journey back. 

I wonder when Hiyori and I will go to Arisu's company for that secret raffle prize. If anything, I hope it's just a tour and no photoshoot is involved. I should go as my nerdy and gloomy self so Arisu won't recognize me. 

"Hey, you're cute. Why not hang out with me tonight, pretty lady?"

Why does this sound familiar to me?

The person who was being hit on was a purple-haired high school student. Her uniform was different from Yoko's and I's uniform. The top is dark blue whereas the female uniform of our school is close to a cream color.

"Get away from me you lecher!"

"Now, don't be like that. You are messing up the mood here. Why don't we talk about this over dinner?" The man extended his hand out to her as if he was going to take her hand by force. Instead, the girl swatted his hand away, stepped into the man's chest and punched him in the gut.

"Guah!!" The man was stunned by the body blow and his body buckles fr. Following up on her attack, the girl took a step back and finished him off with a flying uppercut. 

Oh! Down, down forward, punch!

This was the famous button input for a character in a fighting video game. It was the input for a flying uppercut by the man wearing a white sleeveless karate gi.

The man was sent flying after the girl uppercuts him and just from the looks of it, the man was knocked out.

"Phew! How many does that make this week? Five? Hm?"

After taking a moment to recollect herself, she noticed me standing with my mouth open. In a punk-like tone, she calls out to me, "Hey? You know that it's rude to stare?"

31