Chapter Twelve
1.1k 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm sorry. I was just amazed by that uppercut of yours. Wasn't that from a famous video game?" When I pointed out the reference, her expression became filled with joy and her mouth opened with a smile. She runs over to me and says, "You know the video game where that move came from! It's one of my favorite games of all time! I may not look like it, but I'm a huge gamer!"

“Is that so? I thought you were some delinquent?”

“Look! I may look and speak like one, but I’m really just a game and martial artist nerd. Despite all of that; however, I still get into fights. I really hate fighting and as much as I don’t want to fight, I can’t stand seeing someone bullying the weak!”

“You have quite the strong sense of justice there, Ms.Vigilante, but do your best to stay out of trouble. You are a beautiful girl first and foremost.”

“My~ my~ what a smooth talker you are, Mr. College Student.”

Ah, so she sees me as a college student? Well, my appearance as Kousuke is undeniably a college student.

As I thought to myself, she continues, “Well no promises ok? That's just who i am, but I'll do my best if you really want me too.” She winks and smiles mischievously at me. My eyes grew wide as my heart skipped a beat when she smiled at me. “I’m glad to hear that. Please have a safe trip home. I’ll be off.”

“Ah-!” I turned around and just as I was about to take my first step, I felt a tug on my shirt. “Ano… please wait a moment.” The girl held the hem of my shirt. I turn my head around and see her blushing face. I did my best to stay cool and not react to such a cute face. “Can we exchange contacts?”

“Eh?” I let out such in such a stupid voice. I cleaned my throat in an attempt to pardon myself and ask her in a proper manner. “I mean- why do you want my contact?”

“Why? Is there something wrong with wanting to stay in contact with you?”

“Well, no there’s nothing wrong with that.”

“So let's exchange contacts! You can brag to all your friends about this cute high school girl you’ve met. They’ll be so jealous of you and you’ll be seen as a god amongst them! Don’t all college guys want a high school girl as their girlfriends?”

“Please don’t make all college guys sound like that. That’s rude of you to do. Secondly, I’m not the type who shows off a cute or beautiful random person they just met to their friends.”

“Wow~ What a humble gentleman I have here. I like that about you! I’m Tomiko Nagisa, but you can call me Tomi.”

“Nice to meet you Tomi-san, I’m Kousuke,”

“Kousuke huh… May I call you Kou-kun?”

"Denied."

"Kou-kun is a meanie."

"...Do what you want." There was no point in trying to reason with this girl if she still calls me that even when I deny her wishes. Trying to get away from her, I excuse myself again. "Well then Tomi-san, I'll be go-". Before I can finish, Tomiko grabs my shirt again.

"Give me your contact first and then I'll let you leave."

"You're quite the persistent person huh, Tomi-san."

"I probably got it from my mom. She's quite persistent when it comes to certain things; especially this one guy she's seeing. She tells me that I should meet him at least once. Though… I feel like she's also trying to make me his marriage partner since the guy she's seeing is a college student too so our age gap isn't that far off like yours and mine."

Tomiko sighs and begins to mope, "If she really likes the guy then why doesn't she just take him for herself! There's no way I can agree on a relationship if there's no mutual feelings. A relationship like that is for sure going to fall apart!"

Tomiko catches her face into her hands and sighs heavily. She rubs her face and goes back to the main problem at hand. "So Kou-kun? Can we exchange our contact information?"

"Fine. Let's exchange contacts." This time I went along with her just so I can get home quicker. There was no point in trying to negotiate with this girl if she's stubborn.

We exchanged our contacts and just as I was about to leave, Tomiko puts me in a headlock. "Hey hey! Where do you think you're going? We have to take a picture to commemorate our first time meeting!"

I tried to pull myself away, but she had a firm grip on me. Despite her frail-looking body, she's quite strong.

She lifted her phone toward the sky and readied the camera. "Look over here Kou-kun!" I look upwards and she snaps a picture of us. She lets go of me and celebrates. "Woohoo!!"

As I watched her celebrate and fiddle around with her phone, I got a text message. Taking my phone out to check the message, it was from Tomiko. I opened it up and it was the picture she just took.

"Tada! And look at this, I set the picture as my wallpaper too!"

It was true. She made the picture her wallpaper. Seeing this made me feel a little embarrassed yet honored. This was the first time I've seen someone make me their wallpaper.

"It's good to see you being ecstatic about the picture. I'll be heading back since I've given you my contact."

"Oh right! See you later Kou-kun! Have a good night!" She says as she waves goodbye. I copy her and make my way back to my apartment. 

35