Chapter 2
44 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Other restaurants found out that the new dishes were all my creations and kept trying to poach me to join them but the one where I worked gave me the opportunity to grow there and the pay was good so I didn't want to leave.

One day a group of men tried to kidnap me. There were several of them and this body was weak and frail but I didn't forget all the train I had in my previous lives so I was getting ready to fight them when I was suddenly rescued by a young man.

I don't know why but when I looked into his eyes, I felt like I was being entranced by him.

-Are you okay? - he asked.

-Yes.

He looked at me.

-Are you the little head cook who has a magical hand for cooking?

-I don't know if I have a magical hand or not, but I am a head cook in a restaurant – I reply, looking at him with suspicion.

-I thought so. I usually go to the restaurant where you work, don't you recognize me?

-I'm mostly inside the kitchen, how could I recognize you?

-That's right – chuckle – What is your name little head cook?

-Wu Feng.

-Nice name. My name is Huang Bai but you can call me brother Bai.

I felt a sting of pain in my heart when I heard the name Bai. The emotions that I've been suppressing suddenly overwhelm me.

-Are you okay? You look pale.

I turn my back on him and run away.

I run and run until my legs give up and I kneel on the floor, my eyes burning with unshed tears.

Memories of my time with the emperor keep coming to my mind.

I still can't believe he drank the wine even though he knew it was poisoned.

Why? Why didn't he try to save himself? Why did he let me kill him?

I feel my mind spinning from so many why's.

Suddenly, when I thought I was about to burst into tears, I feel a pair of arms hugging me.

-It's all right Feng'er - whispers a voice in my ear.

I don't care who is, I just breathe on the masculine scent and feel myself calming down.

It was Huang Bai who was hugging me.

He didn't ask me why did I run or why was I almost crying, he just hugged me and patted my back. 

I felt the emptiness in me fading away a tiny bit.

2