Chapter 7
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I don't need to open my eyes to know that I'm in a different body.

I wonder if the Author sent me back in time if I can avoid brother's Bai death.

I open my eyes and look around. I see a familiar room, that I thought I would never see again.

It's the room where I lived in my childhood on my first life, at my parent's house.

-Big brother, wake up – I hear to children voices saying.

I look and I see my younger brother and sister entering the room. I wonder if I'm dreaming so I hit myself. It hurts.

-Big brother, why are you hitting yourself? - asks my younger sister.

I don't reply and I get up and hug them both.

-Big brother, I can't breathe – says my younger brother.

I feel like getting down on my knees and kowtow in thanks for this grace.

I get out of the room and look for my mother. When I find her, I run to hug her and I burst into tears in her arms.

-Why is my Chang'er crying? Did you have a nightmare? - she asks.

I dreamt that you all died when I went to the countryside. I don't want to go – I say between tears.

That was just a dream silly. And if that happened at least you would survive – she says while trying to clean my tears away.

-No, I want to die with you all – I reply.

She smiles and she hugs me.

I don't know if the emperor will kill them again in this life. If so, I shall die with them.

The time passes.

I wait and I wait for the emperor's men to come and take us to prison. I don't remember exactly when that happened in my first life.

At the same time, I pray every night to the Author.

After a few months, I discover that the emperor went to war with my father and the Tiger army.

I never heard before of a Tiger army so it must have been the secret army the previous emperor left him.

I feel my heart full of hope.

More months passed and my father comes back victorious from the war. His Majesty must be back too but I have no way to contact him.

I hear a talk between my father and another general, seems like the emperor was seizing the power into his own hands since he came back from the war.

Then, one day arrives an invitation from the emperor for a banquet in the imperial palace and the invitations include the children.

My heart beats fast in my chest.

Finally, I can see him again.

The banquet day arrives and we go to the palace. I get to see the emperor but he is far away and there's no way that I can talk with him. I feel disappointed.

My parents leave me with other children but I have nothing to do with them so I go for a walk. I'm familiar with the palace so I won't get lost. I walk and walk until I arrive in front of the palace where I first used to live as a concubine. The other palace is too close to the emperor's palace so it's hard for me to go there.

I'm lost in my thoughts when I hear a familiar voice calling me:

-Chang'er...

I turn around and I see the emperor looking at me, my heart beats like crazy on my chest.

-Brother Bai? - I ask, afraid of getting a no for an answer.

He smiles. I want to run and hug him but I feel guilty. He died twice because of me.

Then he comes closer to me and hugs me tight. I breathe on the familiar scent that I missed so much.

After hugging me for some time he looks at me:

-My Chang'er was so cute when he was a child – he says.

I feel myself blushing.

-You're the one who is cute, your whole family is cute – I reply.

He chuckles.

-Chang'er is my family so Chang'er is cute – he says.

Looks like I dug a pit for myself but my heart feels warm from his words.

-I must go inside now but soon you will hear from me – he eyes before kissing my forehead and going away. 

2