Vol 1, Chapter #2 The End or The Beginning?
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[The next day]

Once again, I have been pulled away from that hill that I dream of back to my cluttered room. But I don't get up. I look at my alarm clock and class started 45 minutes ago. Might as well sleep in. To drift off watching that white ceiling turn from drywall to the night sky. The light emitted from my window into countless stars all shining brighter than I am. I close my eyes, and I'm brought back to my dreamscape, to be interrupted by footsteps in my apartment. 

If I am being robbed, they're out of luck. I've got nothing valuable except my textbooks, and I doubt they will take that. I get out of bed and walk out into my kitchen to be hit in the back of the head. I fall to my knees as I hear 3 men screaming at me to get the fuck down and stay down. What do I have to lose? I turn around to explain I have nothing, but all I see is the barrel of a gun, and my only childhood friend pointing it at me.

Wait, Why is he robbing me? I thought he was going to medical school. He was always smarter than me, and his family had money. So why is he here? 

Friend: "Koy?"

"..."

Other thieves: "You know this man? We have to run. He knows who you are! Just fucking kill him! That will just draw attention! Let's get out of here! End this bitch!"

Before I could get out a word, or even take a step, a hole is blown through my chest as I fall to the floor, covered in crimson liquid. I hear two of them run out of my apartment as I lay there, unable to move. My friend remains in the room, with the end of the gun smoking. He's the one who shot me. Why? Why did he shoot me? I see him mouth the words "I'm sorry," then run out to catch up to his comrades. The bullet wound is burning like a wildfire, but seeing my old friend shoot me hurts way more. I wish I didn't feel this pain. I wish I had the strength to get up and ask "why?" I wish I had the money. But how much is my life worth? Who knew death was so painful?

"acknowledged*"

"acknowledged*"

"acknowledged*"

As I lay there on my back, I notice the calmness around me. The only thing moving, is me, gasping for air. Other than that, not a sound. No birds chirping, air conditioning, nothing.

It's quiet.

It's lonely.

It's...tranquil. I wait as I watch my ceiling turn from drywall to stars once more. The ground underneath me disappears, the crimson liquid all gone. I float there aimlessly, in silence. What do I feel? Nothing. Not even emotions? No. Your childhood friend just killed me. That doesn't make you angry? Why would it? I never went anywhere in my life. I thought he was successful. Do you value your life? No. Why? ... Why don't you put value in your life? Do you put the effort into the things you do? I..don't know. I just never wanted to do anything. Do you want another chance? A chance at life? No. Would it appeal to you if I give you everything you wish for? Like what? "I wish to be born into my dreamscape. my stargaze. A world of magic and wizardry." I can do that. Wait wha- I'll see you when you grow old. 

What the fu-

 

0