Vol 1, Chapter #4 Self Worth and Motivation/Lies
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Are you listening to me? Take this chance and use it. 10 years have gone by, and you haven't done a thing.

No, and I don't plan to. 

Why not? You are the only person who was given a second chance, with everything you asked for to feel accomplished. You were given power, great magic power. Plus you were born into a wealthy family of nobles. Don't you see you've been given a miracle?

Why was I given it and not anyone else? Why am I special? There are so many other people who deserve it more than me! Better people than me! God made a mistake choosing me! He should've just let me die! 

That's not what you really want. Stop lying to yourself. I know you don't see value in your life, but it will never have any if you don't put the work into it.

I lack the motivation...

You don't lack motivation, you lack imagination. You imagine that your life is a downward spiral of torment and pain, and that it's just started over again.

Because it has. It's just another life with a shit-ton of misfortunes. Another wave of suffering for me to go through. 

That is what life is. It throws challenges towards you for you to conquer. It gives you the opportunities to gather motivation and to put the value into your life. You just need to take it.

...

Are you listening?

Fine then. What now?

You can start by learning about your family, and this world. Then, you pick your path from there. 

Can you tell me about my Family and this world?

I can teach you about the world, but learn about your family yourself. It's your family anyways.

This is so fucking stupid.

 

Well, I found out everything about my family. My mother, Evelyn, was in an arranged marriage to my father, Maximus, who was a royal knight in service to the King of Zeryon. They weren't supposed to be able to have kids, but they had me, Koy, an only child. There, I did it. 

Doesn't that feel good? Anyways, about this world. There are many Kingdoms, but the main 2 are Zeryon, where we are, and Glamis. The world is heavily dependent on magic which is powered by mana. Mana is basically your stamina for your magic. However, there are two types of magic, basic elemental magic, and personal magic. Elemental magic is what most people have, and is what you learn in academies, but a select few have one or two personal magic affinities. Personal magic ranges from strength and speed, to eyesight, and even cooking.

You have technically have eight personal magic affinities, but only seven are at your disposal. The last one just allows you to communicate.

Right...the one you took the liberty of using. So what exactly are my personal magic affinities?

Surprising. you actually are curious about something. Aren't you glad you did this?

Shut the fuck up and just tell me. 

Fine. Your personal magic affinities are, invisibility, extreme strength and speed "similar to a bullet", time control, me, pain immunity, and teleportation or warp magic. 

You're one of my personal magic affinities?

Yes I am. You are subconsciously spending mana talking to me. But you barely notice it because you regenerate more mana than I take. 

So, now that I know about my family and the world around me. What now?

Something that will make you feel accomplished, something that puts value into your life. Get motivation, and make a goal. So, you tell me. What do you want to do? 

0