Chapter 1: I died
7.2k 15 144
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I died.

Yes.

I died.

It's kind of pathetic if I were to say...

How I died is making me feel embarrassed.

You see, I was about to cook for my lunch, While reading manga, no, fanfiction novel. I stepped on something.

It's squishy and it felt gross.

When I look at my foot, It was a cockroach.

After seeing it, I jumped backward.

It scared me after all.

However, I hit my head on the ceiling and fell to the floor.

....and

I didn't die there. I just want to say it.

I died choking myself eating a hotdog that I cooked.

It...choking me making me lose my breath and die.

While the hotdog is still stacked in my mouth...

Damn it...

I died pathetically and shamefully...

....

Right now I was sitting on a fluffy cloud, there is a tatami in front of me, A while later a gentle voice could be heard on my back.

"Your dead, my child."

"You don't need to tell me about this god, I know, I'm dead. So, am I going to hell or heaven? Or maybe this cliche in the manga where the mc reincarnates in another world?"

" What a child, and yes you choose. However, I have to say something..."

"Let me guess, I died because of your doing right?"

I said before the god even finish his words, I mean... The hotdog that I cook isn't that long, it suddenly expanded in my mouth and choked me upside down...

Fuck it, I feel like, I was chocked by a man's mighty sword....damn it...there are a lot and dumb ways to die but that kind of death? I don't know if I should laugh or cry...

The god didn't answer, however, instead, he showed up in front of me, with an old man appearance, pair tanned skin, long gray and white beard, bald head, he wore a white yukata and sandalwood.

He seated right in front of me, he flicked his finger and two tea in a cup appeared on me.

"I must say... Your quite an interesting child, and yes, you ate my divine hotdog for me to eat for how many Millenials. And yes, I accidentally dropped it and coincidentally it fell on your hotdog that you're about to eat, which took possession of your hotdog and expanded rapidly, it's quite intriguing for a peculiar child like you."

"Gee, thanks, mom..."

"You don't have a mom."

"I know and no need to tell me, you just hurt my heart you know? Would you rather be my mom?"

"Hohoho, I shall decline, how about being your dad?"

"Thanks and no thanks, I hate the word 'dad' the most."

"I know, I just want to see it. How about grandpa?"

"Yeah sure, a god became my grandpa?  That's a bit cool."

I said as I drank the tea, it touches my lips until I taste the tea, it was delicious and addicting.

"Now, should you go to heaven or reincarnate is up to you."

"Yato."

"....Yato?"

"YES! I WANT TO BE THAT YATO WHO DO THAT SWWAAMM SWOOSH, AND BAAM!"

"No, not that my child, who is... Yato?"

"Preposterous! You don't know the delivery god? The god of war? The god of calamity his former title? The god of fortune? Yato? Our yaboku?!"

"Honestly, I don't and I am the only living god left so, yes. There's no Yaboku or yato  my child."

"...do you know Noragami? That anime?"

"Noragami? Anime? What with those words? Is it drinkable like my hand-made tea?"

"No, they aren't drinkable, they are an animated drawing that started in my country called japan for entertainment it is part of our culture that started on ww2, yes, the way you wore is japan like so you probably know that and... Did you make that tea? Mind teaching it to me?"

"...hmm, interesting, I haven't looked out in your world, there is 3,000 world that I'm guarding sadly, I got sick of it due to how many decillion of beings praying to me every day, so, I could grant their wish. That's why I'm locking myself here."

"That's rough, can't you create some divine beings?"

"...hmm, I haven't thought of that, don't get me wrong my child, We god's are like humans, we need a person to be with us for eternity, and produce multiple lives with divinity, sadly, I can't do that for I am already old."

"...I understand and what I don't understand is that saying you that your already old when it's true but Don't trick me you boomer god, I know your real appearance is young at least 40's at best."

"Hohoho, your are really interesting, maybe you should help me to reproduce."

"I don't bend that way."

"Not that, what I mean is, you, reproduce with others until you become a dad of multiple sons and daughters, and when the day they died, they will gain title befitted of a god base on their profession."

"That's interesting but no, harem might sound good to ear for men like me but that's is bullshit, it's not fun and scary at the same time, women are scary when they got angry and imagine having multiple lovers getting angry at the same time and use you as their punching bag? Nope."

I said and drank the tea again until the tea is gone, I stretch my arm to god telling him that I want more.

"Haahhahaha, I assure you, that thought would be useless in this world, after all, it depends on your actions, there will be always consequences whether it is good or bad, a butterfly effect that even if it's small, the small effect can turn into big until you wouldn't be able to hide it or change it."

"Now, I am wondering what world is it."

"For now, I know the future what lies ahead of you, and I won't tell it to you, my child, If I say it, it wouldn't happen."

"Tch, fine, anyway. I have a suggestion and also a wish at the same time and that is I'll become Yato from Noragami."

"Mind telling me the details?"

"Yes yato is, have messy dark black hair and light blue eyes small, round pupils that turn narrow when he turn serious or angry. And 

Superhuman physical characteristics, skill hand to hand combatant, expert swordsman, acrobatics, teleportation, barrier creation, emphatic manipulation Memory manipulation, transformation, weapon creation, stealth mastery, enhanced senses, fire manipulation, resistance, illusion manipulation.

Attack potency, lifting strength, striking strength, speed, durability range.... I think there's more but I forgot some of them, I don't mind lack g some of Yato's awesomeness, this ability and skills are enough."

"That's.... This Yato...should I create an artificial of him...no you'll become the Yato itself in that workd you'll be reincarnated, I'll create this real yato, I will look at your memory."

This is so cool! I can become you! Honestly, I love his character, Noragami is also the reason why I did not give up living, it saved my life when I wanted to die.

I even get influenced by his personality, like collecting 5yens and putting in on the mighty bottle.

"I see... So this is yato...interesting and anime is this good? And this....oh? Hmmm, interesting...I change my mind."

"Wait, change your mind? Hey!"

"No, you misunderstood my child, just like you said, I already create a body of yours Yato, in that world. It was a world you know of, that also comes from the previous god who created it and died for some unknown reason... Intriguingly, this 'Author' manages to write the world that the god created...it is intriguing... This world is the anime you know of, and it is also good for my task for you, but that task is yours to keep, and don't rush, it's fine as long as you gave birth to a child. Then... I shall now reincarnate you."

"Wait."

"And what is it? Ah, is it about that sweaty hands? I already removed it, about the god who will lose its existence when no one remembers him/her? Don't worry it won't affect you, however, Yato's experience and memories will be passed down to you, and must accept that. Also, you don't need a shinki or regalia, you can just use any kind of weapon as long as you treated it as a weapon that could kill. I added it to your weapon creation.

About the divinity aura that you would next to suggest, I added it on your stealth mastery so, you have nothing to worry about, my child."

He said as I was speechless leaving my mouth open in front of him. God chuckle and rubbed his beard smiling triumphantly.

"Hohoho, did I perhaps surprise you?"

"Yeah..."

I see... Goodbye and see you again, my child."

"Yeah, goodbye."

Suddenly, a bright light started to cover my whole existence leaving me to feel in awe, but then I remember something.

"Hey, God, what is the anime world where I will be reincarnated with?"

"....I was planning to my world actually, but after seeing in your memory I change my mind."

"Just tell me what anime world it is."

"High school DxD."

"Wait, what the-"

Before I could finish my word I was blinded by the bright light and the next thing I could see is a god damn forest.

144