Chapter 2 : A very nice start
459 7 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

On a night that could be considered as calm and chill by most of the population in Japan, this was not the case in one of the districts of Musutafu city.

 

A chain of  explosions rang in the middle of the night, with houses getting destroyed along the way. 

 

Multiple bizarre flying creatures in  the air seemed to be the sources of the explosions as they self-destructed at the impact of  solid objects.

https://i.postimg.cc/MpKQ7K95/Suicide-Bomber.png

Random citizen A  “ Dammit!! Where does those f*cking monsters come from??! They don’t even  have eyes!! Also where are the heroes??!?” Roared one random stranger.

 

Random citizen B “ If you’ve got the time to run your mouth like that you better use it to get away from here, idiot!” The citizens then ran away as fast as possible trying to get out of the incoming explosion's radius. 

 

Numerous households had already fallen prey to the kamikaze-like attacks of the bizarre monster-like creatures, as it was a sudden attack that no one expected. And as if that wasn’t already enough, the low level villains who normally stayed hidden to not catch the attention of Heroes appeared and began  taking advantage of the situation. 

 

Fanatic villain A “ Kuhahaha! This is such a great festival! All hail Lord Disaster!! ” 

 

Realistic villain #1 “ Hehehe, Let’s search those dead bodies over there! I mean they’re already dead right? They don’t need what’s on them anymore, Hahaha! “

 

Skeptical villain #1 “ What a weirdo , that first guy… Welp, let’s find some little girls that may need help, huehehehe! “ Said another freak…

 

While the whole district was already in such a chaotic atmosphere, another random explosion occurred , destroying another house. 

 

*BOOM*!!

 

The shockwave of said explosion sent flying a little boy who gravely collided with the wall of a building. The impact seemed to be fatal, as the boy began bleeding profusely and didn’t move anymore.

 

Every fleeing stranger  decisively ignored him,  too busy trying to save their own lives. 

 

But out of nowhere, an imperceptible light quickly entered the body of the boy without anyone noticing. 

 

His body then started to slightly move. Starting from the occasional twitch of the  fingers , the boy seemed to be slowly recovering control of his body. Some of his injuries even started to heal unbeknownst to him. 

 

After some time , the boy was now leaning against a wall in a dark alley. “ *Huff* .. *huff*... Where the hell have I come to.. ?  “ While breathing to calm himself and trying to forget the immense pain that was assaulting his body, the boy began remembering who he was as various pieces of information filled his head. 

 

Name : Yahiko Yaegashi. A 5 years old boy with burnt orange colored hair. Lived with his now deceased parents before everything crumbled in one night. He was a diligent kid at school, with the dream of becoming a hero one day  and  make his parents proud. But the one inhabiting Yahiko's body now was a former highschool student by the name of Akira Sakaguchi.

 

“ *huff* So this is the new world I came to..? ha..hahaha.. I couldn’t have started in a better way , couldn’t I ? I’m even a kid now…” Looking at the burning houses in the streets and the corpses of various victims, along with an injured body and his face completely dripping with his own blood, Yahiko couldn’t help making a joke out of his situation. (A/n : His name is Yahiko now. We'll go with that from now on.) 

 

*huff* Haruka-san said that I should have received an ability as soon as I awakened but I can’t even concentrate properly with this pain.. ..’ Gritting his teeth in an attempt to forget the pain , Yahiko made a decision “ .. ..for now let’s find a safe place. Ah.. My parents died here again, huh?... Anyway let’s at least leave this chaotic area”. Burying his melancholic feelings about his parents , he  made his way to a safe area, wherever it might be, hoping that someone would help him. 

 

After leaving the alley, Yahiko realized once again that he was really in another world. Hiding in broken houses with his small body, he managed to evade the eyes of the villains roaming around while slowly advancing . 

 

But stil, the pain he felt in his whole body along with his injuries and the urgency of his situation didn’t allow him to ponder about why humans where capable of shooting needles out of their hand or why suicidal flying kamikaze-life creatures suddenly appeared. His desire to survive was all that was on his mind.

 

A quarter of an hour later, Yahiko finally was on a street with the least amount of destroyed or burning houses he had seen since moving around.’ This area is much better than the previous ones.. sh*t..I’m feeling dizzy..hm?’ After stumbling a little due   his consciousness almost failing him , Yahiko noticed a weird event a little away from..   

 

“ Oi, Old man! Get your ass here if you don’t want to die !” Roared a  man with a crazed expression on his face . Any normal person looking at him would have noticed that he had a problem. The craziness in his eyes in addition to the saliva dripping from his mouth gave him away. 

 

“ *sigh* Why are youngsters so brash and rude nowadays? At least if you want to talk to this old man, get your ass here, seriously.” Answered the Old man in a Tang suit with exasperation. With long gray hair tied up in a ponytail, along with a cane to support himself, the old man could be considered a man in his 50s based on his face.

 

Seeing this situation, Yahiko could understand the Old man’s frustration as the crazy man was on the other side of the street while asking an old man with a cane to come his way. 

 

“F*cking old geezer, don’t push your luck!”

 

Ignoring the crazy man, the Old man continued on his way , as  he couldn’t bother to deal with the lunatic. 

 

“You’re really looking down on me , huh, geezer? You’ll pay for this, hehehe…” seeing himself getting ignored, the madman took out something from his pocket .

 

The object in question was a creepy creature the size of two tennis balls with a mouth, and looked exactly  like those kamikaze creatures , only much smaller. 

 

“ Hehehe i hope you’ll appreciate my gift geezer!” With a crazed look on his face, he  threw the flying creature at the old man. 

 

All of this was seen by a hidden  Yahiko. He knew that the appearance of this creature was bad news. In addition, the side of the street where he was located was the same as the Old man. He wasn’t that far away from him either. Meaning that should the creature explode after hitting the Old man, he might be caught in the blast too, given the strength of the explosion caused by those nasty creatures.

 

‘Yeah, i should get away from here too… ..I’m not even guaranteed to survive.. going in will only get me killed… So Why am i Already running at him?!? Damn it!! ’ While rationalizing his choice of staying far away from danger, Yahiko's body somehow moved on its own, contradictory to his wish, ignoring the pain that he was feeling while rapidly approaching the Old man.   (A/N : There's a logical reason for that, he's not some mindless hero.)

  

‘F*ukc! f*ck! f*ck!F*ck!F*ck!… ..!!’ He wanted to cry but no tears fell from his eyes, so he began swearing continuously. 

 

And Just before the flying monster could reach the Old Man, Yahiko jumped and managed to push him away from the monster's trajectory. But while he managed to avoid a direct hit along with the old man, the monster hit the building behind , and thus self-destructed in an explosion. 

 

*Boom* 

 

The shockwave of the explosion sent him flying for the second time in one night. And this time, he didn’t manage to get up and just passed out  while lamenting his own decision. But his heart felt strangely at  peace after having taken an action he would normally consider foolish. 

 

“Tsk .. Got saved by a dumb kid , huh? hahaha! Well, too bad for you i have more bombers, hahaha!” The madman now took out  multiples bombers and was ready to order them. 

 

The old man quickly recovered for some reason and was already up, looking at the boy that  saved him “That kid…” 

 

“ Hahaha… .. Go bombers!! Blow that f*cking geezer to smithereens!!” 

 

All six bombers, flew rapidly towards the Old man who was in front of Yahiko’s unconscious body. But a whirlpool of water suddenly appeared in front of Old man and quickly swallowed all six bombers while taking the shaper of a water sphere..

 

“ What??!!” 

 

“Humph!” With a small grunt, The Old man brought his palms together, compressing the water sphere until the bombers inside got crushed and exploded. 

 

The force of the explosion obliterated the  sphere and created a small rain in the area, which was just the result of the small droplets falling all over the place.

 

“ Seems like you are the one responsible for this, huh? “ 

 

With a speed that could hardly be called those of an old man needing a cane to walk, he was already in front of the crazy man , and delivered a powerful punch to the latter's stomach.

 

“ *Kah*!!” 

*Thud!*

 

The impact of the Old man’s punch seemed too heavy for the madman, as he slowly passed out. 

 

After tying the man to a pole and calling the police, the old man was now once again in front of Yahiko's body ” What a weird kid.. ..judging by his size and face , he shouldn’t be older than 6 years old; yet he took a decision most people far older than him would not have taken.. .. hohoho! I’ve seen something interesting.” 

 

 Carefully taking Yahiko’s small body in his arms after checking that he was still alive, he transported him somewhere else.

 

…. 

…..

….

 

Several hours later, Yahiko opened his eyes and what greeted him was a white ceiling and the sun rays falling on his face. 

 

Slowly, he managed to get up and lean against the bed’s headboard despite the residual pain all over his body and observed his surroundings. “ A hospital bed ? How did I end up here?” 

 

“Ohh, you’re finally awake. You were more injured than I thought. So, how are you feeling?” 

 

“ You are.. ..That old man on the street? “ 

 

“ Hohoho, it seems you remember about me. Hmmm, you’re more calm than I thought you would be for a kid your age. So, are you feeling alright?” 

 

“ Ah ..yes I'm fine. Did someone save us, Gramps? I thought we were dead.. “ Asked Yahiko politely , trying not to speak too casually to the Elderly man. Especially considering his age.

 

“Oh, Don't worry about that , kid. The situation is fine now. What were you doing in that hellish place? Where are you parents?” 

 

 “ …” 

 

Seeing that the boy didn’t respond, the old man instinctively knew what happened “ I see.. ..So they were among the casualties… ..You’re a strong boi.” 

“ Do you have any other family members that could take care of you? “ Asked the Old man.

 

A shake of head from Yahiko answered the Elder’s question. 

 

“Hmmm… Since that’s the case… Wouldn’t you mind living with this Old man from now on?” 

 

“ Huh??” The expression on Yahiko's face truly showed how surprised he was.

 

“Hohoho, don’t make such a face. You saved this old man's life even though you were riddled with injuries all over your body. The least I can do for you now that you’re in such a  situation is taking care of you, don’t you think? ” 

 

Truthfully  speaking, Yahiko realized he was in a tough spot. Though he was now no longer in danger, his body still hadn’t recovered enough. The death of his parents now made him an orphan, and he didn't have anywhere to go. The only real choice he had was following the Old man. ‘ Seems like my brainless act back then somehow paid off..’ 

 

“ Then.. if it’s not inconveniencing you too much, please take care of me, gramps .” Answered Yahiko while bowing his head. 

 

“ Mhm. You’re very calm and polite for your age. And don’t worry, you won’t regret it. This Old man is not any normal person. For now, take a rest. I’ll come back later when you completely recover ” 

 

The sound of Yahiko’s room closing announced the departure of the Old man. Now that most of his worries were now solved, Yahiko lay on the bed and relaxed while thinking about what he saw so far “ *Sigh* …Monsters, humans with powers, in a modern society… I should recover fast to get my ability.” 

 

While thinking about what kind of power he would get, Yahiko’s eyelids closed, further pushing him into another deep sleep.

28