Chapter 6 : Fated Encounter
351 5 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

A week later…

The classroom was slightly boisterous, with some students still lingering inside , despite the several laughs and noises coming from the outside showing that it was time for the break. 

 

Seated on his chair at the back of his classroom with a book in hands, Yahiko’s face seemed tranquil as he read the piece of literature without a care in the world; as if the loud noises entering his ears couldn’t shake his concentration.

 

But his good time was interrupted by the appearance of a rather loud fellow who suddenly put his arms around his shoulders “ Yooo, Yahiko! Hahaha! What are you reading this time ? Is it that same manga? Let me see quickly hehe!!” . And without an ounce of shame, the book was taken.

 

“ Let’s see , let’s see! um .. ‘ The Subtle art of not giving a f*ck’ ?? Hahaha! What kind of title is this? It's too funny! hahahahah! “ 

 

“ *inhale*.. *exhale*! .. *Inhale* .*exhale*... I swear, if it wasn’t for the daily meditation in the past 7 seven years, I'd have broken your teeth long ago..” mutered Yahiko while clenching his fist and resisting the urge to use violence, as it was never the answer.

 

“ Hahahaha,  sorry!” 

 

“ Come on now, demegawa! Stop messing with Yaegashi like that.. .. You might get killed..” 

 

“ Oi … ..What do you take me for?” 

 

And just like that, his peaceful reading time was destroyed as more and more students joined in the constant bantering. 

 

“ F*ck! I should’ve gone elsewhere if I wanted to read… fortunately , it seems like the break is almost over’ A bell ringing was heard soon after, confirming his thoughts. 

 

With the students taking their respective places, the course restarted and it  was only until a while later that the final bell ringing announcing the end of today's class was heard.

….

 

It has been 3 days since Yahiko started his first year of middle school, but he was already getting surrounded by all kinds of people.

 

While getting down the stairs of his school, His enhanced hearing made him hear the voices of people talking . Getting out  of the inner building, Yahiko headed towards the left side of the main building , and leaned himself against the wall , as he listened to the words of the people in the alley . 

 

“ You understand , right? If you want your secret to not be revealed , you better bring that thing to me ~” 

 

“ B.. ..but I can’t.. .. It’s an important object for me.. I’ve saved  a lot for-” 

 

“ As if I care about that! It’s your choice anyway, whether you give it to me, or everyone learns about your disgusting nature. ” said the aggressive voice with disgust. 

 

‘Judging by the voices, it seems to be two girls? ’

 

“... I understand .. ..I’ll bring it to you.. “ It was with a defeated voice that the blackmailed girl responded .

 

“ Humph! It’s not as if you have any choice after all. I’m expecting it tomorrow!” After these last words, the girl left and passed by Yahiko . Seeing a boy appear in her field of vision out of nowhere , her heart skipped a bit in fright. 

 

“ You.. Who are you ? What do you want?” 

 

“ . …Nothing. As long as you’re not trying to play that trick on me of course.” 

 

“ Humph! Then it’s fine.”  Being satisfied with the answer of Yahiko, the girl confidently left. 

 

‘ She seems to have experience in this’ 

 

*fall*

 

The blackmailed girl crumbled on the ground, looking lost at what to do . “ Why..how did she find out? I did my best to hide it.. .Just why ..” 

                                                                                             

Seeing the girl like that reminded Yahiko of his past life ‘ I guess things like that exist everywhere in all realities… Oh well. It’s none of my business.’ 

 

But as he prepared himself to leave, multiple stabbing sounds rang accompanied by a slightly delirious laugh  “ Hehehe..Hihihi!” 

 

Stopping in his tracks and looking at the girl, what he saw seemed to intrigue him.

 

The girl had a dead bird in her hands, full of blood. Such blood appeared also on her mouth, showing that she drank it. The pure smile plastered on her face along with the creepiness of her actions created a rather incomprehensible scene.  

 

“ Wow.. ..This is definitely one of the strangest things I've seen in this world.. “ Said Yahiko as he appeared not too far from the girl. 

 

“ Hiiii!” The girl quickly turned her head , showing her back to Yahiko, in an attempt to hide her face. 

 

“ .. ..What?”

 

‘ Not another one!! How could this happen!’ 

 

The girl still clearly remembers her childhood. As soon as her obsession and love for blood was discovered , she was looked on with both disgust and contempt by everyone around her. Not even her parents were an exception, reprimanding their daughter harshly and forcing her to act as normal as possible. 

 

And so she did as she was told. Acting like a normal person every time she was in public , while indulging in her fantasy when she was alone. Alas, her secret was found out by one of her classmates, and she had been in her grasp since, in risk of having her secret getting revealed. 

 

And now, another person appeared, having seen her true nature. And it was a boy. 

 

‘ Why did I do that here??!? What will happen to me? Ah… I won’t escape unscathed this time will i?‘ 

 

“ Oi … I’ve been calling you for a while now , can you at least respond?” 

 

“ W..what do you want?” 

 

“ Talking, of course. I’m pretty curious about you.” 

 

“ What…what do you want to know? “ 

 

“ *Sigh*...first, it would be great if you could at least look into the eyes of the person talking to you.”

 

Having no other choice but to obey his words, the girl turned her head and looked at Yahiko. 

 

As she saw his face, she remembered having seen him somewhere. Despite only 3 days since their middle school life began, he was sometimes surrounded by a group of boys, and at times girls with a helpless look on his face. 

 

The rumors were that it was because of his quirk, which seemed strong , that he attracted the attention of his classmates. His face was only slightly above average, and he didn’t look like a bad guy. 

 

“ What do you want to know?”  After confirming who the boy was, she seemed more hopeful that he wouldn't ask anything weird. 

 

“ That.. condition of yours.. Do you know where it comes from?” 

 

“ Ah.. ..I don’t know… Also.. I don’t think that I'm sick or anything, I'm just  me… Why does nobody understand..?” Said the girl as her voice went down and cracked towards the end of her sentence. 

 

“Oh, I didn't mean it like that. There’s actually a kind of disease, if you’d like to call it that, with the same symptoms as you’ve shown. It’s called Renfield Syndrome if I remember correctly. I would’ve immediately thought that it was the cause of your condition if it was a normal world but.. ..This is a world where 80+% of the population possesses any quirk you might possibly imagine. A quirk affecting someone the way it is affecting you is not impossible.” 

 

“ Ehh?” exclaimed the girl with an expression of surprise as she listened to the boy’s words.

 

“ To be honest, seeing someone like you kinda stirred my curiosity. I don’t remember seeing or having heard of anyone with this type of condition… Ah..Maybe Hidan was somewhat similar? No, that guy was just a fanatic so it’s not very likely that he’ll even..” With a hand on his chin, Yahiko continued his explanation with a serious look on his face, showing his interest in the matter.

 

“.. ..” 

 

“ .. .. Yeah, it wouldn’t make sense. This is not really how he-..Hmm? Why are you looking at me like that?” 

 “Huh??Ah! I’m sorry .. hahaha.. I hope you’re not mad..” said the girl with embarrassment. ‘ His eyes when he looks at me don't seem contemptuous..’ 

 

Having grown in an environment where the only looks she received were filled with negativity, Yahiko’s eyes which seemed to only look at her with a feeling of curiosity was enough to make her feel all warm inside. 

 

“ Oh , no worries about that. Anyway, you really don’t know why you are the way you are?” 

 

“ No.. ..I don’t.” 

 

“Then you don’t mind me testing something right?” 

 

“ Huh? Um.. yeah. As long as it’s not too weird please.”

 

“ Got it.. now let’s see.” Using chakra to strengthen and sharpen his nail, Yahiko slightly cut his finger and splashed some of the blood flowing on the girl then looked at her reaction with interest.

 

“ Ah!..Hahhh..” The girl began panting all of sudden. Her cheeks reddened, while her eyes seemed unfocused. And as she licked yahiko blood that was on her face , the panting increased, becoming heavier and faster, with weird sounds coming out of her mouth. 

 

‘ Yeah, this is definitely not normal Renfield Syndrome..’ thought yahiko as his mouth twitched.

 

The girl’s eyes then darted towards Yahiko's cut finger and began approaching him but suddenly retreated while panting heavily. 

 

A few minutes later, she finally calmed down . 

 

“ Hahaha… .sorry about that. But with that said, I think this is probably the influence of your quirk. You must have a blood related one.”

 

“*Huff* R… ..Really?” 

 

“ I’m not 100% sure but I'll bet my money on it.” 

 

 “ Thanks for helping me find the problem... ” 

 

“Oh no, don’t misunderstand. This is not a problem. In a normal world, that might’ve been one , but in ours, I think it's a reasonable thing. It’s just as you’ve said early . You’re just you.” 

 

“ I’m just me.. ..mhm. You’re right.. I’m just me.” said the girl with a sweet smile on her face. 

 

“ Take it, it’s my apology for splashing you with blood earlier.” Throwing a green handkerchief at the girl, Yahiko prepared himself to leave. 

 

“ And this is just my advice but.. ..That girl that was blackmailing you. You should at least learn how to defend yourself. I don’t think she will stop just at this. Then-”

 

“ Ah.. Please wait!” 

 

“Hmm? What’s wrong?” 

 

“ Ah.. Can you tell me your name?” 

 

“ Oh! It’s Yahiko. Yahiko Yaegashi. And you?” 

 

“Himiko.Himiko Toga..” 

 

“ Toga-san , huh? Take care .” ‘ Well , I guess if she’s really in trouble I might also help… As an acquaintance.’ 

 

“ Yahiko-kun..” 

 

Yahiko didn’t know, but his simple act of curiosity would have a large impact on his life later..

 

21