Chapter 8 : UA High School ?
327 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ 3,2,1 0 !  No villains  can hide from All might!!” 

A pleasant sunlight shone on a certain Park near the road. Kids playing all kinds of games were not the only occurrence in the place, as adults could be seen on somes benches, most of them being a pair , regardless of their gender. With interlocked hands, one could also accurately describe them as lovers, again, regardless of the gender of their pairing.

 

Despite the park being noisy, as all kinds of people filled it, it still paled in comparison to the loud noises of the passing vehicles and the occasional robotos on the street. 

 

“ Look , mom! That big brother is doing some weird cool stuff! I want to try!” 

 

“ Don’t try this at home or I'll confiscate all your games.” 

 

“ Geh! But it’s fine if I don't try it at home, right??” Says the random kid a little mischievously. 

 

“ Don’t you EVER try it, okay? That boy must have a quirk so it’s fine for him” 

 

A  little behind the center of the park was a big tree . With a trunk requiring 3 elementary schoolers to be able to cover it with their arms. 

 

On one of the thick branches of the tree was a young boy. At least that’s what his situation may have suggested. The boy had both feet perfectly planted on the bottom side of the branch while his head faced the ground. 

 

A normal person would’ve fallen as soon as they attempted it, with the risk of having a broken  neck, but it wasn’t the case for him. And neither did the people in the park seem too surprised at this supernatural display, given the peculiarity of their society.

 

The boy was Yahiko Yaegashi. With an imperceptible constant flux of chakra at the bottom of his feet, he was practicing what seemed like the Tree Climbing Exercise. 

Yahiko’s POV

Without even noticing, ten years went by since I came to this reality. With my feet still nailed on the park’s tree for hours by now, I began walking back and forth on the tree branch while thinking about my time so far in this world. 

 

“ Fortunately, I got lucky and met the Old man… Otherwise I don't know what might’ve become of me…”  I muttered, still maintaining the perfect amount of chakra at my feet. 

 

From the moment I transmigrated, I knew that this reality was very different from the one I came from, but still.. ..Spending more time here only made me question whether I was in a world with laws similar to an anime’s world, or just a supernatural version of Earth… ..And I got my answer after experiencing school for the 2nd time. 

 

14 years old kids with the size of a 2nd grader. Middle schoolers with a chest more developed than most adult women in my past life. And the occasional cliché lines from people I beat up. 

 

All of these only made this world more familiar, making me adapt easier than I thought. The technology is also more developed, with some good games and consoles that I somehow can't seem to get a hold off. But at least the mangas are pretty good, making me enjoy living here. 

 

Power is also not a problem. At least not for me. I’ve honestly got so much power that I don’t know how to test or train them anymore. Using your quirk in public was apparently illegal in this world, with only the heroes being able to use them legally.

 

Saying that I didn't have any thought of using my powers without a care in the world would be me lying to myself. I would  have probably done that by now if it wasn’t for me not trying to create more problems for the old man. 

 

He has  been taking care of me until now, and having the police at his door just because his kid couldn’t control himself is the last thing I’d want. Especially since the Old man has a license.

 

At this point I was seriously considering disguising myself as a vigilante to be able  to use my  Rinnegan as much as possible. An unknown urge to grow stronger has been rising in me recently; Almost like a bad premonition. 

 

And it didn’t help that my chakra and physical strength increase had slowed to the point where I had a hard time noticing whether there was any actual increase.

 

“ Is it about what Haruka-san said ? That I will be “thrown into a far more dangerous world” ? But how can it be… “  

 

From what I could see regularly, while some of the heroes and villains in  this world were powerful, they didn’t seem capable of becoming a threat to me. The only person who might put up a fight could be All Might…

 

“ Is there someone else stronger in this world? Actually, How can I be thrown into another reality? Wasn’t Haruka-san the only one capable of creating a portal to another one? Is there someone similar in this world?” Multiple questions filled my mind; questions that couldn’t be answered by anyone. 

 

In the end , the only thing I can do is to grow stronger. 

 

“ Ah.. ..Wait a minute. Doesn’t  it mean that sooner or later I'll leave the Old man alone? *Sigh*.. ..That’s another thing to think about..” As much as I would like to deny it as it was embarrassing, I got attached to the Old man. If  I had to disappear from this world , I'd like to inform him first. Hopefully I'll have the time to do that. 

 

“.. ..F*ck it. Let’s stop thinking about depressing stuff…” The constant flux of  chakra at the bottom of my feet stopped, as i fell to the ground perfectly on my feet 

 

“ I guess it’s time to head back now.”  After leaving the park, I began running as a form of training. But I could barely feel any weights on my legs despite the numbers of Hyper-Density-Seals i was wearing. 

 

“ Should I increase it? Nah.. I don’t think it would make any difference. I’d feel bad for Sir Night Eye too.. ” 

Third person POV

Around ten minutes later, Yahiko was now in front of his house. “ hmm? are they actually sparring?” with his acute sense of hearing, Yahiko managed to pick up sounds of blows inside the Dojo. 

 

‘ I’ll just wait for them inside the living room ’ 

 

After quickly changing himself , he was now comfortably seated on the living room’s  sofa, a manga in hand, while humming a certain game’s OST. 

 

A few minutes later..

 

* Sound of door getting opened* 

 

“ Oh , you guys are back. It was about time” 

 

“ That’s my line , you brat. Why do you think I was sparring with sasaki? “ 

 

“ You like beating people up ?” Answered Yahiko to his Old man. 

 

“ I mean, you’re not wrong but still.. ..” 

 

“ You’re not even denying it  uh? Old JIng.. ..Good Grief. Maybe sparring with Yaegashi would’ve been better. “ Said Night eye while fixing his glasses. Freshly out of the dojo, his open keikogi (sparring clothe) showed off his abs , the manifestation of his hard work. 

 

                                                                       

 

“ Heh! You can’t even take care of this Old man but you want to fight the kid? The brat will be more annoying to deal with than me, you know?”

 

“ Doesn’t matter, Old Jing. It’s the experience that matters. Those of us with no strength enhancing or destructive quirks can only use our experience and do the best we can.  Having the experience of fighting someone with overwhelming strength is even better.” 

 

“ Uh.. ..I’m sorry to interrupt you guys, and I don't mean to be offensive but.. ..You’ve sweated quite a lot so , yeah..” 

 

“” Ah…”” 

 

…. .

….

 

The sparring duo took a bit of time refreshing themselves and now were seated and drinking tea in the tea room. 

 

“ Oh yeah, Sir. Thanks again for the seals. I don’t think I need them as much as before so I was planning on returning some of them to you.” Said Yahiko , drinking with them. 

 

“ *Sip* No problem. A lot of them were collecting dust so it's not a big deal.” 

 

“ So how’s Hero  work going?  I heard that you were working on a certain case “ asked Old Jing. 

 

“ Hmm? Where did you hear that from, Old Jing? “ 

 

“ Don’t sweat the small stuff, and be honest. This Old man might help you if you just ask , hohoho! “ Said Old Jing , stroking his chin.

 

“ .. .. seems like I’ll have to investigate my staff a little further. We’re still working on it. Since you’ve given your words, I'll be sure to inform you when I need help, Old Jing.” 

 

Looking at their small banter while sipping his tea, Yahiko asked  “ I was wondering.. ..Are there any ways for people who are not heroes to train their quirk? ” 

 

“ Why are you asking that? ”

 

“ Well.. ..According to gramps, my quirk is full of potential and while I've been training regularly, I've never really used it practically yet. ”  

 

“ Most citizens don't even need to use their quirk, as heroes take care of villains and accidents most of the time. If you really need, for whatever reasons, to develop your quirk further, becoming a Hero seems like the only legal option.” Said NightEye with a weird light shining on his glasses.

 

“ Legal, huh? “ ‘ As i thought, only the illegal route is available..’ 

 

 “ Looking at your face, I can see that you don’t hold heroes in high esteem like kids your age. But why don’t you at least try it? I can see that you’ll make a great hero.” 

 

“ What do you mean by try, Sir? Also, I've never really shown interest in heroes so how can you say that ?”

 

“ Sadly for you , that’s not what the citizens near the neighborhood said about you. It seems like you’ve already saved some people already. “ answered NightEye with a rare smile on his face.

 

“ uh.. Those were unintentional though..” ‘ He’ll never believe me, right?’ 

 

' Those two completely forgot about me, didn't they? ’ Watching them was Old Jing, who so far, abstained from saying anything.

 

“ Sure, if you say so. Anyway, I believe you will begin High school in a few months right? “ 

 

“ Yeah, that’s the plan.”

 

“ Then why don’t you enroll in UA High School? ”

 

“ Ohhh! That’s not a bad idea.” Said Old Jing. 

 

“ Huh? UA High School ? “

 

“ UA High School is the top hero academy in Japan. By being a UA student , you’ll be able to work freely on your quirk, as there are specific classes designed to improve your abilities. Including fighting ability so you can already expect a good amount of physical activities. Also, I've heard that.. ..All Might will be teaching there.” 

Elaborated NightEye. 

 

“ That… .. sounds interesting. Even All Might will be present, huh? “ ‘ Just the fact that he is there is enough for me to give it a shot ’ 

 

“ Yes. So how about you try it for a while ? It’s not as if UA students are uniquely aspiring heroes. There are  multiple different classes and paths to take so you honestly don’t lose anything. There’s also a provisional hero license that you could get in the second or third year that’ll allow students to act as Heroes legally for a period of time. This includes of course, full usage of quirks. “ 

 

“ .. ..I don’t have any reason to refuse now that you’ve said it like that. Since it’s the Top 1 Academy, what are the requirements ? “ 

 

“ There’s normally an entrance exam for that but  you don’t need to worry about it. I can write you a recommendation letter that’ll allow you to enroll after a quick test. While I don't know the full extent of your quirk, I can guess that it must be pretty powerful for Old Jing to praise you as he regularly as he does.” 

 

“ Thanks, Sir. Actually, I don't need a recommendation. I think I'll just do the entrance exam normally.” 

 

“ .. … Suit yourself. Though I can't understand your reasoning.” 

 

“ It’s an entrance exam for the top 1 hero Academy in Japan, right ? Chances are that there might be some combat or quirk related test, right? If so, that's where I want to go. “  ‘ A chance to move my body as I want.. ..Ain’t no way I'm gonna miss it!’

“hmm, i see. While there's also an  entrance exam for recommended students, the normal entrance exam tends to have more combat oriented tests I guess. OK then. The Entrance Exam is in two months , so don’t miss it.”

 

“ Thanks again, Sir. That was very helpful.” 

 

“ Well, that's good. I expect you to help me in the future so don’t worry about it.” 

 

After finishing his tea, Yahiko left them alone and went to his room. Now alone with NightEye, Old Jing opened his mouth “ Heh! That’s unlike you to be so concerned about a student. What’s happening?” 

 

“ … … I just want to do everything I can to change the future. That’s all there is to it. But  Yaegashi does have enormous potential so there’s that too.”

 

“ .. ..I don’t know what you’re planning but be honest about it to the kid. He’s always been perceptive and understanding so don’t wait too much.” 

 

“ .. ..i’ll keep that in mind.” 

 

Two Months later…

 

…..

….

 

Outside Old Jing’s House, stood Yahiko bathing in the sunlight of the morning, and dressed in a black tracksuit. Despite the long sleeves of the suit, one could see that both of his arms  were covered by multiple bandages. 

 

“ Now.. ..Let’s see what this Entrance Exam looks like. ” With a smile full of expectations, he  headed towards the exam’s location.

 

_____________________________________________________________

 

Additional Informations: 

 

Yahiko’s full power :  The amount of chakra he has is close to the Nine tails, but not quite there  yet. The strength of said chakra however is a level or half a level below the Nine tails. This does not mean that  Kurama could win if he fought Yahiko, but just that Kurama has a higher quality of chakra.. for now. In a hypothetical fight between the two, Yahiko would win with relative ease because of his broken Jutsus and his Eyes.

 

Without using his Eyes, Yahiko at full power “can” be as physically powerful as KCM 2 Naruto or more. 

 

 

 

20