Chapter 9 : UA Entrance Exam
358 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

“ So it’s here… “  After 15 minutes of running, what was in front of Yahiko was a building on  which was written [ UA Entrance Exam’s Location ]. 

 

UA Entrance Exam consists of one Written exam and one Practical one. Having Already finished the written one a few days ago, the practical one was the last one to take.

 

Students or examinees of all types began appearing as he stood outside the building. Their banter between each other seemed to be all about the exam and their future career as heroes; most of them not even thinking about any possibility of failure. 

 

Some time later, the students who would take the exam were now in a large room, large enough to accommodate the more than 300 examinees.

 

The dimly lit room's only source of light was a large screen hanging on the wall, showing all kinds of information. A  man stood in front , a big smile on his face, as he spoke.

 

[ Listen, you examinees! I will now explain to you the rundown of the practical exam!] 

 

In the crowd of students was Yahiko, seated with a face mixed between expectation and disappointment. 

 

[ It’s veeeerryy simple! As mentioned in the application, you guys are going to do a ten minutes mock battle in an urban area! Your goal will be to destroy 3 different  types of awesome robots to accumulate points! But be careful, there is a fourth type that’s completely useless and gives you nothing! Nada! Zilch!  But can cause unnecessary trouble so watch out, okay? Yeaahhhh ~!! ]

 

Yahiko ‘ Robots, huh? Sounds fun’ 

 

[ Each of you holds a card with your ID and your assigned battle center’s name written on it. Now let's goooo, babies ~!]

 

Looking at his card, Yahiko saw the following information { Examinee number  1181 ; Test location : battle center B }  

 

Following some additional rules, the examinees headed towards different doors, in preparation of the trip  to their corresponding battle center. 

 

Behind the door stood a bus prepared to transport them  “ Ok enter, and don’t break anything” said a guard. 

 

A few minutes later, in front of a rather big door, stood the examinees. 

 

As the door opened, what appeared in their field of view was the exact image of a city, or rather in this case, a section of a city. 

                                                    

“ Wow, they really managed to build something like this! As expected of UA!”

 

“ Right.. .. And they also have those robots every year! This says  a lot about their budget ” 

 

Some of the soon to be 9th graders were discussing various topics while gazing at the environment of their test. 

 

Leaning against a wall while waiting for the exam to start, Yahiko observed all of these, silently analyzing the examinees ‘Hmmm.. Some of them are wearing very specific attire. Maybe some quirk works better with a certains costume.. compatibility seems to be important. In the same sense, does this mean that people without equipment are stronger on their own? I guess I never really cared that much about heroes to know that kind of stuff..’ 

 

[ .. …And Start!!] 

 

*swoosh!!*

 

A light but fast gust of wind swept by some examinees , catching their attention.

 

[ Nice reaction, Ginger Boyyy! ] 

 

“ Sh*t! Someone jumped the gun on us!” 

 

“ Tsk! That guy must have some speed related quirk! He’s already got a nice compatibility with the exam, damn it!” 

 

On the other hand of the spectrum was Yahiko, on top of a building in this large urban area. Using his chakra to enhance his sense of hearing, sounds from almost all the urban area could be accurately heard by him. 

 

By  consciously filtering out unnecessary noises, what remained were the sounds of the robots as they advanced all over the place. 

 

“Found them!” With a single jump, Yahiko already  found himself falling toward the nearest robot. 

 

“ Let’s try with a normal … ..Punch!” 

 

*BAM* 

 

With that single punch, the Robot’s neck almost separated from its body as it got sent flying a little behind before crashing against the nearby wall. 

 

“ So that’s how powerful a normal full power punch not enhanced by chakra is.. .. “ 

 

‘ I’d like to test out more but this is a timed exam so.. ‘ By using his enhanced hearing, the next target has already been found. 

 

With his incredible agility, Yahiko jumped from walls to walls and directly kicked the head of the next one. 

 

*Boom* 

 

And as the robot’s head exploded, his next jump was timed at the perfect time to use the force of the explosion to propel himself in the direction of the  next  target. 

 

Up in the air with the wind blowing his mid length hair in all directions, a small grin appeared on his lip “ I can already feel my physical energy increasing .. ..It’s still ridiculously small but it’s at least better than what it was earlier.. Was all I needed just some true fighting experience? “ 

 

With astounding pace, Yahiko made short work of more and more robots as time passed. 

 

In a flash , seven minutes went by, and all that remained around him were the body parts of deceased machines. 

 

“ That guy has already destroyed too many robots! I can’t seem to find any in the surroundings!” 

 

“ ‘Talk about hogging all the points for himself.. ..  ” 

 

“ We don’t have time to be amazed! Let’s just continue search-!!” 

 

*Rumble* *Rumble* *Rumble* 

 

“ Oh Sh*t.. ..” 

 

Far away from them , a gigantic robot rose from the ground and its footsteps could be heard all the way to Yahiko's current location.

 

“ Now that’s a big one.. ..Time to test something else this time. Since this one is bigger, I probably shouldn’t hold back?“ said Yahiko, already heading towards the robot. Running on the walls of the building while jumping to one another from time to time decreased his normal travel time as he rapidly approached his target. 

 

But just as he was preparing to attack it, something caught his eye. “ What..?” 

 

A green haired boy had launched himself in the air and was already in front of the robot’s face. 

 

“ Smaaaaaash!” 

 

*BAMM* 

 

‘ *Whistle*  He destroyed that robot with one punch .. ..That’s some crazy power. But.. ’  

 

“ AHHHHHHH! B..Broken??!”  

 

Up in the sky , the green haired boy was falling fast , with a look of terror on his face.

His right arm seemed broken while his legs were bending in an unnatural manners 

 

‘ Ah…. If I don't do anything, I'm gonna die! But if I use One For All any more than this I don't know what’ll happen to me! ‘ 

 

Noticing that he didn’t have any other choice, the boy squeezed his teeth and was about to use his relatively fine left arm to create himself a chance to live. 

 

Yet, just seconds before he used his power , something quickly caught him and he later found himself in the hands of another person. A boy to be precise. 

 

“ Huh??  P..Princess carr- gah!!!” 

 

*Thud*

 

“ Tsk.. ..I didn’t save you to hear that bullsh*t, you KS. “ Said Yahiko with a slightly disgusted face as he dropped the boy on the ground. 

 

“ … He passed out?” 

 

‘ At the same time I can't say I'm surprised. So his quirk is too powerful for his body.. I’ve never quite seen a quirk like that. But he did scream “smash ”.. ‘ 

 

“ Umm.. ..Thank you for saving him ” 

 

“ Hmm? Oh , sure. “  answered Yahiko to the injured girl beside him ‘ She too looks in pretty bad shape.’ 

 

“ You can walk?” 

 

“ Ah Yes, I'm fine. My right leg hurts a little but I can manage! Thanks for asking.” Said the brunette  cheerfully, despite her contrasting appearance. 

 

“ Oka-” 

 

[ Times’s uppppp, Kiddos! Nice work to all of you! Now get back to the entrance ~!] 

 

“ .. That guy always seems like he’s having fun “ ‘ not that i dislike his personality ’ 

 

“ You mean Present Mic ? ”  

 

“ Yeah . Don’t worry about this guy, i’ll carry him while we go” 

 

“ mmhm” 

 

All the examinees  came out from every part of the area , most with light injuries. 

All of them quietly headed to the door and couldn’t help giving a glance to Yahiko , who seemed to be one of the rare participants to end the exam without so much of a scratch.

 

“ Look; it’s that guy with the speed quirk. How come he looks completely fine? Did he ditch the exam?” 

 

“ I don’t think a student wanting to enroll in UA would be weak in both willpower and basic physical strength; use your brain. “ 

 

“ True that. Actually,  I saw him amidst  dismembered parts of robots .  And it’s not only in that one spot. The guy must’ve been roaming and destroying robots left and right. Without a scratch at that “ 

 

“ That’s pretty overpowered.. ..Is he a recommended student wanting to look down on us or what… ”

 

Finally outside the urban area , Two different buses waited for the student along with the staff. 

 

“ Please be quiet and listen! Those who sustained moderate to grievous injuries please take the bus on the left . And those with minor injuries to barely a scratch,  Take the one on the right and directly head home. We will  contact you to announce the results a week later so don’t stress over it. Got it? “

 

The staff member speaking turned his head as he saw a student approaching  him “ That kid on your back doesn't look good at all.. Is he a friend? “ 

 

“ Not really” 

 

“ Then pass him to the that guy over there “ 

 

….

…..

……..

 

15 minutes later , Yahiko was rapidly closing in on his home after finishing the exam. 

While running , his mind was still on the green haired boy he saw  ‘ I don’t know how he did in the exam , but that guy.. If he manages to enroll in UA and completely master his quirk, then.. ’  with a somehow enigmatic smile, his expectation for UA rose slightly higher. 

 

Entering his home, Yahiko realized that he was alone. “ Is the Old man out again? He sure has a lot  of energy” 

 

As he headed to the kitchen, what greeted him was a load of dirty plates near the sink. While the smell didn’t appear too disgusting, it was pretty uncomfortable. 

 

“ This Old Man.. ..Who did he bring in? *sigh*.. Well, I guess I can use this opportunity to train. Futon (Wind Release) : Myriads Streams!“ 

 

After two quick hands seals, multiple streams of wind flew out of Yahiko's body and headed towards the plates. By using his perfect chakra control, he controlled each stream of wind to perform different actions. From activating the faucet to bringing in the plates and sponge, Yahiko managed to quickly and efficiently wash the dishes. 

 

…..

….

…….

 

A week later… 

 

*Ding Dong!* 

 

“ Oi, Yahiko! You heard that right? “ 

 

“ Yeah, gramps! I’m coming..” ‘ Sigh.. ..I was just about to win  at that …What bad timing’ thought yahiko while closing his mobile game. 

 

Quickly getting to the entrance , he opened the door to see a rather peculiar  mailman. 

 

“ Yes?” 

 

“ Oh , so it's you! Here it is, the result of the UA entrance exam. You’re the one who participated, right?”

 

“ uh, yeah..” 

 

“ Hahaha!  Good luck , kid! “ said the mailman as he passed the package to Yahiko.

 

“ Thanks” After receiving it, he headed directly to his room. 

 

“ Now let’s see what’s this all about..” As he opened the package and looked at the papers, the following informations were particularly striking : 

 

{ Practical Exam Rank : 1st!;  Villain/Robots Points : 87! ;  Rescue Points : 20!}    

 

{ Class admission : Class 1-B! }

 

….

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

Interesting Infos : 

 

Chakra enhancement on the Five Senses : While most Ninjas in the Narutoverse didn’t show this particular skill, some actually did. Kiba ( the guy who fights on all four) was capable of gathering chakra on his nose to increase his sense of smell multiple folds (casually a few hundreds to a thousand) which is enough for him to be able to distinguish people just by their scent. It’s so ridiculous that he could even check the physical condition of people in the same way. Such an  Enhanced sense of smell is probably because of his clan so it might be a genetic thing.

 

There was also Dosu Kinuta , one of the Sound Ninja, who had Enhanced hearing. By using it, he could tell what you’re writing just by the sounds of your pencils moving. 

 

Yahiko can do something similar. But he can’t enhance his sense of smell to the level of kiba… ..Actually, he can if he wants to. But he’ll probably never do it as he’s apparently creeped out by the thought smelling people to identify them…

21