Chapter 2 – Becoming a Core Disciple
269 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once an outer court disciple arrives in the body reinforcement realm, he is promoted to inner disciple and when he reaches the 6th tier of body reinforcement, he finally becomes a core disciple, where he gains more attention and resources from the sect.

In the Burning Sun sect, there were only three core disciples, Ye Chun, Fang Qinqiu and Fang Cai, Ye Chun became a core disciple after becoming a personal disciple of the third elder, Fang Qinqiu is not only talented but also the daughter of the current head of the sect. and Fang Cai was helped by the sect master for his talent.

As with any cultivation work, early cultivation levels are mostly weak and first arc sects are always weak. The protagonist would stand out and get to know the world, consequently learning that the warriors he thought were the strongest were weak compared to the sects and cultivators of populous places.

Nathan knew he had an advantage compared to the real MC. He uses his knowledge to analyze potential protagonist candidates and then uses his system to confirm whether or not they are protagonists.

Despite this, it was already clear that Nathan was not one of the protagonists that would be hunted down, but if there are no candidates maybe the Celestial Dao will go after him and end up making him one, so he would have to protect himself.

Not just increasing his cultivation, he had to have a sect powerful enough to match or surpass Zeng Xiang's sect. Luckily there was a person who was also in the lower heavens who had a scarier identity than the prince of thunder.

This is Bai Suyei, the princess of the Bai clan of Middle Heaven.

In order to complete his plans and get to Bai Suyei, Nathan first needed to find Ye Chun, as Bai Suyei is destined to be Ye Chun's second wife before he finally died at the hands of Zeng Xiang.

Nathan was facing the entrance to the Examination Hall.

The Exam Room was a triangular building where those who met the minimum requirements to become Inner Disciples would go. When Li Dao entered he was greeted by a large inner space with two doors and standing by one of the doors, a young looking woman wearing the Elder's robe glared at him fervently.

She was silent as she watched him walk towards her until he was at a minimum distance, she raised her hand and stroked his hair. "Little Li, what are you doing here!?"

"Great Elder, I have come to receive my discipleship promotion!" He told her with a smile.

"Oh! So you finally managed to break through!" With a genuine smile of happiness, the old woman led him to the door next to her, which looked quite luxurious, but was nothing compared to the door she guarded. "Come on, don't waste time! Go straight to the inner disciple test."

Nathan smiled.

It turns out that Li Dao is somewhat famous in the sect, even though he has little talent for cultivation, he has an immense affinity for the Sword Dao. Before Ye Chun appeared he had been the only one of the current generation of disciples who had cultivated the scorching sword cultivation technique to the final stage, even Fang Qinqiu, daughter of the sect leader had asked him for advice!

By teaching disciples, Li Dao gained fame in the sect as a sword instructor, he taught one of this Elder's disciples, so she has him on her good side.

"Elder, I did not come to become an inner disciple, but a core disciple."

Even though she liked this disciple in front of her, Peng Suchun knew that he had no talent for cultivation, so she activated her spiritual sense to probe his cultivation.

However, when the Ancient One noticed the newcomer's cultivation, her eyes widened in shock.

"W-what how are you—"

"Let's go then?"

Taking advantage of the Ancient One's shock, Nathan took her to the room where there was an appraisal stone. Peng Suchun, still in shock, forgot that she needed to get the appraisal stone. "H-how did you..."

Nathan knew that this moment would come, he had already planned to stand out enough to at least make Zeng Xiang aware of it.

Before dealing with a protagonist who has a system, Zeng Xiang trusts his system 100%, so Li Dao's opportunity to get under his radar and be covered up by Zeng Xiang's system was now that he blindly trusted his system.

"I happen to have always been in this realm, but Peng Suchun, I heard that if you become a core disciple, you automatically get a place in one of the sects in the core region."

Like most cultivation MCs, Nathan didn't know who brought him into this world, but whoever did, left him with a blank identity.

Nobody knew about Li Dao's family, one day he arrived in this sect, took the test and started to cultivate, so that opened up a very wide range for Nathan to take advantage of.

As he spoke, Nathan walked to the stone. A few moments after he touched the Appraisal Stone, the jade stone began to glow a bright green color.

"Th-this... I have to report this. Wait here."

As Peng Suchun left the examination room, in the inner courtyard, a riot broke out.

The disciple rank that hadn't changed in months has finally changed!

"WHICH!?"

"Who is Li Dao!!?"

Around a large stone wall bearing several names, cultivators began to huddle.

"6th layer of body reinforcement, how have I never heard of this disciple?"

Wang Ting, one of the most promising cultivators to become a core disciple, exclaimed as he faced a new name in the hellish rankings. The cultivators around them paled at the sound of their possible senior's voice.

"I know! Isn't Li Dao the sword genius who taught some inner disciples?" A voice rang out amidst the euphoric cultivators catching Wang Ting's eye.

Wang Ting was silent as he tried to reason, but his thoughts were being clouded by anger.

"Li Dao has no talent for cultivation. It's impossible to be him."

'I was the one who had to be there...'

'You... are stealing my place!'

'my place in the exam! my place as central disciple, LI DAO!'

To become a core disciple you would need to enter the 6th level of body reinforcement before age 15, Wang Ting was four months stagnant in his cultivation, he used his contribution points to persuade an alchemist elder to finally make a pill that would do it able to advance, and now another had stolen their spotlight.

That day, Wang Ting swore that he would take revenge, swore by his state of mind and cultivation!

***

The elderly who were now observing and analyzing the exam and the current situation in another room. They had a white screen, constructed from Qi matrices, in front of them on a wall. A lot of resources and connections were needed here, the Great Communication Matrix was a gift from the Thundercloud Sect to the Scorching Sun Sect.

On the white screen, they could see and hear about Li Dao and his mysterious cultivation increase to the 6th level of Body Reinforcement.

Suddenly:

"Cough!" A loud, clear sound rang throughout the communication room.

The two Elders seated to the side listened and looked intently in the direction where the sound was coming from.

"This is unexpected. Any suggestions on how to proceed with this case?" Sitting on the highest seat, as a way of showing status, Burning Sun sect leader Fang Xu said.

On his left side, smoothing his big white beard and looking at the screen with a deep frown, an Elder spoke: "We must just proceed as the rules, he has become a core disciple now and intentionally or not, he still has the right a spot for the Thundercloud exam."

"Hoho, Daoist Wang, aren't you taking this too lightly?" The other Elder's tone came out as mockery as he looked at Daoist Wang with narrowed eyes.

Fang Xu was already used to this fight between the two elders, this was one of the reasons he accepted to merge with the Thundercloud sect, as he feared that his small rural sect would be destroyed by the greed of both elders.

"What do you mean Taoist Jiang!" Gritting his teeth, Wang asked in a husky voice.

"I mean, this Li Dao looks very suspicious Sect Leader." Taking his eyes off Wang, Jiang stared at the sect leader with a smile. "First he has an inexplicable talent for the sword, now he's brought his cultivation to the bare minimum to become a top disciple, isn't that all too suspicious, Leader?"

Wang's eyes widened when he finally noticed. "Jiang Chen, you mean-"

"Fortunately, I am well traveled, so I know some secrets of the mysterious Middle Heaven, I learned that some sects send their heirs to the lower heavens to gain experience." Smiling, he continued. "Like Zeng Xiang, there is a clan named Li in midheaven that is not inferior to Prince Thunder, I suspect Li Dao is the heir or a member of that clan."

Silence dominated the place as a deep frown fell on Fang Xu's face.

"Frankly... Fang Cai's death isn't enough anymore, now this..."

"We also can't rule out the possibility that Li Dao did something to Fang Cai."

Fang Xu's gaze fell on the chatty elder who quickly closed his beak. Fang Xu liked Fang Cai, even with his arrogance, he was pure talent, Fang Xu even gave his name to Fang Cai! And now he had been killed.

"It doesn't make sense, there's no reason for Li Dao to do that, even if his cultivation is higher. And if he really is a descendant of the Middle Heaven Li clan, we can't do anything, even if he's the one who killed student Fang." Wang retorted.

To stop this endless discussion, Fang Xu got up from his seat.

"I've made up my mind." and without saying his decision, he left the communication room without informing his advisors.

***

Li Dao was smiling as he stared at the robe of a core disciple. As fast as his rise in the sect, he was relocated to the central courtyard, where each central disciple lived.

Since rising to the 6th Layer of Body Reinforcement, Nathan has noticed that his already slow cultivation has drastically decreased, due to the original Li Dao having little talent, this was one of his handcuffs to ascension.

"The 1st level cultivators of the Nascent Soul are just guards here!" Nathan was shocked. "Perhaps this Sect is not so simple."

The Burning Sun Sect is located in Red River City, where the mayor who is just an ordinary human has a daughter in a Sword Sect located in the central region in the 5th tier of the Corporal reinforcement realm.

Even in the central region some sects don't dare place nascent soul cultivators as guards.

"Are you shocked by the density of Qi in the central courtyard?" An Elder who noticed Li Dao standing facing the entrance to the central courtyard smiled proudly.

"No, I haven't entered my training chamber yet." Li Dao replied as he turned to face the elder. "I'm just curious how a small sect in a remote place got nascent soul guards."

Nathan naturally broke into a cold sweat as he tried to present a calm image. In front of him was Elder Wang, the third elder of the sect and leader of the incineration faction.

If I was still an extra disciple I would have to greet him with respect. How just a simple increase in cultivation can change people's attitude hehe!

"You seem quite knowledgeable in this regard." Elder Wang said surprised.

"Maybe..." Asked Li Dao as he bowed towards the elder. "Li Dao greets the faction leader."

Elder Wang smiled as he saw the new core disciple greet him. "As a Core disciple, you no longer need to do these junior formalities—"

"Master Wang!"

Once the duo turned around, Li Dao's eyes widened as he observed a boy running towards him. Without giving any more time he turned to the old man and said; "I will leave you alone with your disciple."

Nathan ran in the opposite direction of Ye Chun where his new residence was. Ye Chun watched the boy in the robe of a central disciple run to his opposite side and frowned.

"The disciple greets the master." Bowing down, Ye Chun smiled upon seeing his master's satisfied face. "Master, who is that?"

"Little Chun, beware of your new junior brother, he was only in the 9th Layer of Mental Reinforcement and now he has become a core disciple." Astonished by his master's husky voice, Ye Chun was shocked. "We suspect he has a powerful identity, so try not to make an enemy of him."

Aiming to warn his dear disciple of a new unknown, Elder Wang turned around and left the courtyard.

Elder Wang was a bit saddened by his disciple, he who was reputed to turn everyone into his enemies, was the prime suspect of being the culprit for Fang Cai's death, but contrary to his expectations, his disciple didn't seem to care.

Ye Chun stared at the mysterious disciple who was miles away looking for his residence, with his eyes half closed, he bowed his head letting his chin rest on his chest and whispered softly:

"Master, can you analyze it?"

At that moment, a pleasant voice came from the necklace Ye Chun was wearing.

"Little Chun, this cultivator is very mysterious."

Ye Chun's gaze intensified when he heard his mysterious master's voice, it was certain that Ye Chun who had lost her cultivation only managed to get where she did thanks to the person in her necklace, so he took her opinion a lot into consideration.

"He's clearly just become a Central disciple, but his cultivation indicates that he's been in this realm for a long time."

Ye Chun was silent as he considered his options.

From his own understanding, his master was someone very terrifying, from mid-heaven or higher. It turns out that she was betrayed by her clan and was poisoned by her comrades, but before she was killed, she sealed herself in the necklace, as within it time is 100 times slower than the normal world and this gave her more time to think...

"Follow your master's advice, from what we can see at his residence entrance, he has the name LI, there is a very powerful sect with that name, so don't make him your enemy."

Ye Chun was irritated that he was being underestimated by his master, silently, he released denser Qi than usual. "It doesn't matter who he is… if he gets in my way, he's going to die."

The mysterious master in her necklace kept quiet seeing the recklessness of her chosen successor, she knew it was her fault that he had gone through so much hardship as she sucked his Qi for a long time to survive, so now she is rewarding him for it have saved her life.

But she knew she had to change her temper if she wanted him to survive in the cultivation world.

"Little Chen.. you can only expel Qi because of my cultivation technique, I would retract your Qi quickly before some elder finds out!"

Her voice for some reason sounds more graceful when she's angry, which made Ye Chun quickly obey her.

While smiling, he again started walking towards another grow house in the central courtyard with a smile on his face.

Time to meet my beautiful senior sister!

"Master, when will I be able to see her appearance?"

"When I regain my cultivation enough for my soul to break out of this necklace."

Ye Chun smiled even wider.

Who will be more beautiful, my senior sister or Master Yifei...

And so, Ye Chun walked towards Fang Qinqiu's residence distracted from the world with various perverted thoughts in his mind.

8