Chapter 4: Level up (2)
175 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'll be damned, a monster really came! But it doesn't really look all that impressive. It resembles a rat but with longer and sharper front teeth and an extra pair of legs. It's dark gray with light gray spots all over it's body.

Squeek!

Oh, it noticed me. The rat took his offensive and is ready to pounce over. I, in fact am pretty excited for my first battle. For this battle I shall use my third stance, The Silencing Slash.

The moment the rat pounced over while screaming I silently murmured in my head.

The Flowing Dog Art 3rd move: The Silencing Slash!

In my eyes time slowed down, the pouncing rat has just left the ground and I slashed forward. The world around me became black and white as my sword slowly sliced through the rat and before I was conscious of it the rat was already behind me. Sliced in two. The blood slowly leaked out of the two parts of the rat.

I stared at the rat's lifeless eyes. You know, I always hated wild rats. They gnawed on many of my property and the damage they had done cost me quite a penny. So, what I want to say right now is, to all the wild rats.

Hah, got'em! Eat shit you dirty faggot.

[Killed Lesser Rat of Del'kora - you have earned experience 1.05x]

[You have leveled up!]

[You have taken your first step to greatness]

[Choose one of the following Innate Ability]

[1. Soundless Shield]

[With the blessing of the Mute Spirits you will periodically be able to negate 30% damage done to you once] (Diamond)

[2. Beserker's Path]

[With the blood of your ancestors you will slowly inflict more damage as you accumulate damage, you will also steadily lose rationality] (Gold)

[3. Death's Tenacity]

[Dying once is enough, an unsurmountainable tenacity wants to take a spot inside of you] (Apex)

Well, didn't expect this. I thought I would just get attritbute points or something but an innate ability? Do everyone get this once they level up for the first time or is it just me? And it also seems all the innate abilities has to do with my actions or experiences.

For example the first option. The Mute Spirits wants to bless me. Is it because of the 3rd move? Most likely. And the blood flowing in my veins has given me the second option. I honestly like my rationality so the second choice is definitely a no.

Then the third one... Even death took pity on me, come on! Well the description is a bit vague but it also has the highest rarity. Guess I gotta take that one. Soundless shield is pretty nice to negate 30% damage every once a while. It's especially nice since it's done in percentages so it scales later in life. I don't know how many grades there are between Diamond and Apex but at least a few. Even though rarity is not everything, with such a gap there has to be something special to this innate ability.

Yeah, let's go for option 3.

[Select 3. Death's Tenacity? Y/N]

Yes.

[To ensure full integration host will be put down to sleep.]

Wait, I didn't know about thi-

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.

-- -- -- --

The next day I woke up again next to my mother with all of my siblings staring at me. Ah, look at those guys, they're worried about me. When my siblings saw me opening my eyes they all barked and licked my face. Honestly, it's nice and wholesome but quite burdensome.

It's like having nine dogs of the same size licking you all over your face. Oh wait, it is. Then just imagine nine humans of the same height as you with extra large tongues licking you all your face. Yeah, that's better.

But anyway, honestly I don't feel any difference to my body. Let's check my status.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Name: Doro

Species: Shiba Inu

Level: 2

Titles: Reincarnator (+5% EXP), Calm down your little brother! (-99% libido), Silence Wench (+10% Crit Chance against females)

Innate Ability: Death's Tenacity (Apex)

Skills: 

The Flowing Dog Art 1st move: The Stream of Tears (Gold)

The Flowing Dog Art 2nd move: The Fall of Yang (Gold)

The Flowing Dog Art 3rd move: The Silencing Slash (Platinum)

The Flowing Dog Art 4th - 9th moves: ??? (???)

-- -- -- -- -- --

Jep, a new row of text appeared. Wait.. Let's check mother again.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Name: Vina

Species: Six-eyed Demonic Hound

Level: 5910

Class: Guardian of Del'kora (???)

Titles: Mother of Reincarnator (???), Empress of the Del'kora Labyrinthe (???), Struggles of Life (???), Nightmare of the Six Continents, The One Who Overcomes the Limit (???), Superior Existence (???) - ??? Omitted

Innate Abilities: Berserker's Path (Gold), Domain of Darkness (Legendary), Domain of Evil (Legendary), Domain of Destruction (Mythical), Beserker's Inheritance (Platinum), Berserker's Crown (Diamond) - ??? Omitted

Skills:

Howl of Despair

??? Omitted

-- -- -- -- -- --

Oi, oi oi oi. Nani the fuck. I am gobsmacked. What are those domains. And she has more? Some are omitted! Maybe there are more hidden texts that I can't see. I can see why she is the empress of this Labyrinthe or the Nightmare of the Six Continents. I would also be scared. Let me ask again, are we seriously her offspring.

What do you think ninth brother? I looked at the stupid face who's saliva was all over my face. I can imagine a question mark appearing above his head. Hmm, didn't expect much from him.

Let's return to our daily routine, it's training time pups!

If you see any loopholes or think you found one, please notify me, I will explain or fix it as soon as possible!

 

8