Chapter 5: Cheating (1)
111 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You see, maybe I can cheat in this life.

You know those cultivation or fantasy novels you read right? There's always that arrogant young master character present. That young master also has a backing. Be it his uncle, father, mother, brother, sister or even his grandpa, they're always stronger than the young master himself. And they will always avenge the young master in the name of their clan and family.

Not only does the young master has good protection, but he or she always has the resources to become stronger. An endless supply of resources in a safe enviroment. Isn't that amazing? And they still know to not appreciate their situation and try to provoke the mc that eventually exterminate their clan.

Such a cliche development.

But doesn't that sound like my situation a bit? Except there is no mc for me to provoke nor are there resources. But speaking of resources, isn't there a lot of experience points outside of the Shiba nest? Can't I just ask mother to catch some live prey for me to kill? If there is anything that can improve your life, why not use it?

What? Gathering resources myself? Why would I?

What? Risking my life for experience points? Why would I?

So, let me ask my mother, if she says no then just ignore my inner thoughts. 

But there is one problem to all of my plans.

Woof! Woof!

I can't speak!

My mother just glanced at me with a half opened eye that says: what do you want? In a disinterested way.

No matter how much I use sign languages, with a body of a dog, nobody would get me. My mother then just closed her eye ignoring my woofs.

Mhm, I try another time I guess.

And thus I resumed my training. 

But my training is somewhat different today. I decided to hunt monsters. Not the strong scary ones but the small ones like the rat. The pests of this dungeon. 

There are three common pests near the Shiba nest from what I've observed.

One, the rat with an extra pair of legs.

Second, the centipede with mantis scythes.

And the third one is a giant mosquito. The only problem is that the mosquito has thick legs and two extra blood sucking sticks. Well, two extra mouths in other words.

I just avoid the mosquitos for now.

With that said I grabbed a leg of the rat I killed and lay it out near the Shiba nest. Silently I sneaked behind a rock for an ambush. The leg of the rat is a bit rotten so only some small insects and scavengers would come eat it. So, other rats who would be in delight to feed on their fallen comrade or those disgusting centipedes.

Tak tak tak tak.

Oooh, there is a centipede guys. It's a bit on the small side so it shouldn't be a problem. I could use my third stance to kill the centipede in one go, but it drains too much stamina. I settle it with the first move and see how much dmg I do. Let's aim for the for the crevices between the head and the body of the centipede.

The Flowing Dog Art 1st move: The Stream of Tears!

Grabbing my sword I ran towards the centipede who was feasting on the rat leg without aware of it's surroundings. You could see water condensing near my sword, though very faint it's still there.

When I was near the centipede it noticed me, but it was too late for this youngling. With my momentum I cleanly cut through the centipede's head off.

[Killed Hundred Armed Centipede of Del'kora (Juvenile) lv. 1 - You have earned experience points 1.05x]

Urrgh, the centipede is still wiggling even though the head was cut off. I am saying, but insects are truly disgusting.

Tak tak tak tak! 3x

But the next second I regretted what I just said. C-can I take back what I just said? Why is there a whole family here?!

Screech! 3x

Unlike the youngling from before there are 3 adults here right now. Probably lured by the rat leg that is emitting a vomit wringing stench.

Chicken nuggets! What now?

Let's run, I don't know if I can fight three at once and even if I can then I probably will sacrifice something in return.

When I made up my mind I ran towards the smallest one of the three, though it's still twice as big as me. 

The Flowing Dog Art 2nd move: The Fall of Yang!

Haa! 

A heart wrenching sound metal like sound rang in my ear when I tried to slash through the centipede's head. Fuck, that took almost all of my strength and I barely cut the head into two.

[Killed Hundred Armed Centipede (Adult) lv. 4 - You have earned experience points]

[You have leveled up!]

I ignored the notifications I got and sprinted towards the Shiba nest. It isn't far from here but in my eyes it's incomparibly far right now.

Screech!

Huh? Before I could notice another centipede popped up and pierced my shoulder with one of it's scythes. Gritting my teeth I used my mouth that was holding the sword to cut off the head of this centipede.

Slash*

[Killed Hundred Armed Centipede (Adult) lv. 3 - You have earned experience points]

The noise of cutting flesh off could be heard. The head of the centipede fell off and I immediately cut off the scythe on the centipede's body to make a run for it.

The pain is still... Bearable. But my speed was ultimately affected, the other two centipedes already caught up. Damn, why is the Shiba nest so far away!?

No, I can't runaway. I can't show my back to the enemy anymore. Otherwise I would be killed and I don't want to die because of some mere pests! At least let me die in the arms of a beautiful girl or something. Dying on soft thighs doesn't sound bad at all.

But I don't want to die against centipede who will eat my corpse down to the bones.

Let's do it. I still have some stamina remaining. 

Then I felt a sudden bad premonition and I absolutely didn't like that.

Then I saw it, another centipede appeared behind the two who were chasing me. This centipede was a bit different. They were staring at me silently so I took this chance to observe the big centipede.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Name: ???

Species: Thousand Armed Centipede of Del'kora (Elder)

Level: 12

Class: None

Titles: Kin-eater (10% bonus satiation when eating your own kin)

Skills:

Poisonous fangs

Sharpened Scythes

-- -- -- -- -- --

Well, he's 9 levels above me and has two worrisome skills. Am I going to die? Most likely but I would like to them down with me. 

They're still not moving. If not then I shall move first!

The Flowing Dog Art 3rd move: The Silencing Slash!

Everything turned black and white again. Time slowed down again, but this time it's a bit different from when I killed the rat. The two smaller centipedes were indeed slowed in my eyes, but the big centipede was not affected, at least not as much as the smaller ones.

But could I do something else? No, so let's do it.

With my determination I slashed foward, a great slash was brought forward. I focused on the big centipede first, if this one is down I can manage the other two but I underestimated the defense of this Thousand Armed Centipede and I overestimated the damage I could inflict with my third stance.

I didn't completely cut the Thousand Armed Centipede but I did manage to dent the body to an extreme degree and it didn't like that.

Screech!!!

It's angry.

It swiped it's scythes at me and before it could hit me I jumped away which wasn't a good idea.

Puchi!

Two scythes pierced my other shoulder and my leg. I forgot the two other centipedes. How unbelievable stupid I am. 

The Thousand Armed Centipede crept closer and I saw my doom already coming. I couldn't even bring one down with me.

Then the scythe of the Thousand Armed Centipede shined for a bit and I can guess why, it used it's skill.

Shit, what a stupid death. 

The scythe slowly and steadily came closer to my head.

But you know.

Woof! 

Fuck you and your ancestors!

[Dying once is enough, an unsurmountainable tenacity is taking action]

[A dormant power is temporarily awakening]

[Death is laughing]

An unknown energy is forming and condensing in front of my eyes.

If you could describe the energy in words then you could say it's despair and decay.

My body is filling up with energy. Wounds began to appear on the three centipedes body while mine is healing.

[A small domain is beginning to form]

[Enemies are decaying at an alarming rate]

[Host body is healing at a rapid speed]

No, I won't let you die at the hands of death.

I will kill you guys. 

The energy of despair and decay began to gather into my sword. I waved my sword slightly and the three centipedes simply disintegrated.

[Killed Thousand Armed Centipede of Del'kora - You have earned experience 1.05x]

[Killed Hundred Armed Centipede (Adult) lv. 5 - You have earned experience points]

[Killed Hundred Armed Centipede (Adult) lv. 4 - You have earned experience points]

[You have leveled up!]

[Death is clapping his hands]

What a shitty life. With that I crawled with my last bit of strength to the entrance of the Shiba nest and lost conscious. The last thing I saw was my stupid ninth brother running towards me.

A little bit longer chapter than usual, hope you guys enjoyed!

 

 

 

6