Chapter 54 – Valentines Chaos
84 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cobalt's eyes peeled open as his alarm went off. 1pm. Why the Hell did he set it then?! It was a day off!

Something was wrong. His head was pounding, and everything was spinning around him. His muscles were aching, he was basting in his own sweat, and his stomach hurt like Hell. Groaning, he shut the alarm off and forced himself upright, whereupon the light from the windows struck his eyes. Crying out in pain, the Incubus buried himself back beneath the covers.

He felt irritable. Angry. Ready to lash out.

Which could only mean one thing...

"Bloody Valentines..." he grumbled, clenching his fists.

Rolling out of bed, he staggered into the bathroom, pulling on a dressing gown as he went. After briefly relieving himself, he grabbed the sides of the sink and stared at himself in the mirror.

He had dark circles around the eyes, which were both heavily bloodshot, dying them a darker shade of blood orange. His skin was paler, which accentuated the thin stubble he had neglected to shave off. Muttering beneath his breath, the Incubus grabbed his straight razor and made to grab the shaving foam right as he heard a series of heavy, frantic knocks on his door.

"Oh for the love of...!"

Marching out into the main room, he unlocked the door and wrenched it open, razor clenched tight in his fist.

Out in the hallway, Whitney Brode and Lottie Deyeyr both stood gasping for breath, looking as if they had both just run a mile. He glanced from one to the other, already massively irritated.

"Girls, it's my day off. And I believe I really need to spend this one alone," he sighed, massaging his temples with one hand as he flipped his razor closed with the other.

"S- Sir! Something's gone wrong!" gasped the Nymph, barging into his room.

"Make yourself at home, why don't you..." murmured Cobalt as Lottie brushed past.

Whitney paced back and forth, wringing her hands nervously as the Golem just sprawled herself out on Cobalt's couch, clacking her bare hooves together as she lay down.

"What's the issue, Whitney?" asked the Incubus, placing his razor back in his bathroom.

"Me and Lottie-!"

"Lottie and I."

"Lottie and I and Arnn and Quinn were all, like, hanging out, when Whoretits came out of nowhere and-!"

Cobalt raised his hand to stop her, his face dead serious.

"Karazelle got out?" he breathed.

Over on the couch, Lottie nodded emphatically.

"Yah! Karazez chased Arr and Quinn everywhere! Her eyes were all pink and stuff!"

"Oh."

Crossing over to the window, Cobalt peered out at the Succubus' room. True enough, he could see that her door was lying ajar, looking as though it had been kicked open.

"Oh no."

He whipped around to face Whitney.

"Where's Quinn and Arnn now?" he asked urgently, pulling on a pair of socks and reaching for his shoes.

"I- I dunno! What's going on?!"

Cobalt scowled as he tied his shoes, his head pounding in time with his heartbeat.

"Valinsania, that's what," he answered in a grim tone.

"What?!"

Rolling his eyes, the Incubus tightened the sash of his dressing gown around his waist and grabbed his tie off his dresser.

"Have you ever noticed how Succubi tend to go missing on the fourteenth of February every year?"

"Um... I- I guess? I never really paid much attention..."

"It's something of an anomalous issue with my people. Every year, on this day, Succubi lose their mind, for want of a better word. Their hormones go into overdrive, and their base instincts take over, driving them to do what they were created to do; go forth and multiply. Most Succubi lock themselves indoors the night before in order to prevent causing chaos, but obviously Miss Terna got a little overstimulated, judging by how she bashed her door lock in. Damn these flimsy things," he explained, frowning as prodded his own door with his toe.

Whitney's eyes went wide as her cheeks reddened.

"You mean... she was trying to... f- fuck us...?"

"Could you please watch your language, Miss Brode?!" Cobalt snapped, startling both of his students.

Lottie cocked her head.

"Are you okay, Mr. Traya?" she asked in a concerned tone.

He cradled his head in his hands and shook it.

"No. Not at all. Obviously, I too am affected by Valinsania, although to a different degree."

Though he direly hoped that they wouldn't press the issue, Whitney's curiosity seemed to overpower her caution.

"What do you mean by that, sir?"

"It means that Incubi will be overtaken by their own base desires. Feelings of irritation, anger, vio-"

He cleared his throat.

"Look, it doesn't matter exactly how I'm being affected. Just know that I'm lucid enough to be reasonable. The severity of Valinsania tends to differ wildly with second-stage demons. I'm lucky enough to be afflicted with a light case. Karazelle is not."

Nodding shakily, the Nymph glanced back at Lottie before broaching her next question.

"So... what should we do? She went after Arnn and Quinn last I saw. Towards the Applied Demonics wing, I think."

Nodding, Cobalt cracked his neck and marched into his kitchenette. As awful as he was feeling, he wasn't about to let a seasonal chemical imbalance get in the way of his duty of care as a teacher. The safety of his students was his responsibility, and he wasn't going to let Karazelle do something she'd later regret.

"We'll track her down and subdue her, one way or another. Give a moment to grab some breakfast and we'll be off."

Reaching into his fridge, the Incubus pulled out a half-finished packet of bacon. Before the very eyes of his students, he ravenously tore into the raw rashers and swallowed them all in a few bites.

They stared at him, mouths agape.

"What? Let's go, time's wasting!"

Whitney stood to attention, her back as straight as a rod as her ears pricked up.

"Y- Yes sir!"

 

-----

 

The Applied Demonics wing of the main school building was the pride and joy of B.I.D. As one of the few tertiary-level schools to offer AD classes, a fair chunk of the overall budget went into that particular wing, and it certainly showed. In place of linoleum, the floors were comprised of solid direoak boards, and the doors were made from the same material. The Headmistress stated that using such a strong and costly wood was for safety reasons, given the dangerous magic that gets practiced in AD, but Cobalt had a sneaking suspicion that Viola simply deemed the wing to be more worthier of her attention than the rest of the school.

But that was a grievance he kept to himself.

"You said you saw them split off this way?" asked the Incubus, raising an eyebrow as he made his way down the hall.

"I think so. Quinn said she was gonna, like, try to draw Karazelle somewhere she could trap her."

"Hm. She knows her stuff for an Earthborne. I know that the AD teachers are required to keep their rooms locked, however, so I'd say she and Arnn likely just cut through here on their way to the-"

"Found her!" called Lottie from further up the hall.

The Golem was kneeling in front of one of the doors, idly prodding at something on the ground.

"How can you tell?" he asked, walking towards her.

"Pins!"

Though this statement initially confused Cobalt, realisation crossed over his face as he saw a small pile of broken hairpins scattered in front of the great wooden doors. Quinn's favourite method of breaking and entering.

"I do wish she'd stop picking every lock she sees..." grumbled the Incubus, looking up at the door.

His eyes widened.

It was the Lust AD room. And he could hear voices within.

"Out of all the rooms to pick...!"

Motioning for the girls to step back, Cobalt grabbed the handles and wrenched the doors open.

In the four or five years since the Incubus was a student, the Lust Applied Demonics room hadn't changed a bit. It was a large, open chamber, dyed pink by the sun shining through the stained glass windows. In place of chairs and desks, a number of comfortable pouffes lay upon the classroom floor, and numerous sconces on the walls held sticks of unburned incense. Plastered all along the walls were numerous pieces of parchment inscribed with Tongues incantations and diagrams of some of the more "intimate" rituals.

But the room was not empty, as it was supposed to be.

"What the Hell is she doing here? Why isn't she at home?"

Up at the head of the classroom, lying atop the beautifully-carved teacher's desk, was Madam Pudon, the Lust Applied Demonics teacher. The Succubus was dressed in incredibly sheer lingerie, and she appeared to be busy... amusing herself.

Cobalt raised his hands and covered the eyes of his two students.

"Just back away slowly... If she doesn't catch on to us, hopefully she won't-"

"Oi Cobalt! A little help, mate?" called a sudden voice.

Turning his gaze upwards, the Incubus was met with the sight of none other than Quinn Redtile, who was hunkering atop one of the classroom's rafters. She was steadying herself on the beam with one hand whilst she shielded her eyes from Madam Pudon's display with the other.

The Succubus' head perked up as she tracked her gaze over to him.

Suppressing the urge to swear, Cobalt swiftly pushed Lottie and Whitney out into the hall.

"You two, head out through the other side of the wing and look for Arnn. If you come across Karazelle or if she's already got him, do whatever it takes to subdue her. Understand?" he stated urgently, grabbing their shoulders.

They nodded.

"Y- Yes sir!" "Okay~!"

As they set off, Cobalt kicked the doors shut and turned to face Madam Pudon.

The Succubus was slowly sashaying towards him, doing everything she could to make sure that he got an eyeful of her scandalous body. Clucking his tongue, he glanced up at Quinn, who gritted her teeth and shrugged. Looks like in her haste to find a hiding spot, she accidentally ran into another Valinsania-stricken Succubus. Gesturing for the Imp to stay put, Cobalt cleared his throat.

"Monique," he sighed, giving her a reluctant greeting.

She smiled lasciviously.

"Ooh la la! Bonjour, mon chéri!" she sighed, giving him a flirtatious wave.

Cobalt didn't return the gesture. After three solid years of being the only boy in an AD class headed by the Succubus, he had learned to be cautious whenever she got into this kind of mood. Valinsania only worsened her urges, and one underestimation could lead to all kinds of torture.

"I understand you have a student of mine in here with you?" he asked coolly, looking up at Quinn.

"You mean this little strumpet? Oh yes, I couldn't believe my luck when she stumbled into my little web of pleasures! Just a shame she's playing hard to get!" tittered the Succubus, licking her lips as she gazed up at Quinn.

The Imp scoffed.

"She chased me around the room with a strap-on in one hand and a ball gag in the other! Bloody Arnn bolted for the gym the moment he laid eyes on her!"

"Just stay put, Quinn. I'll deal with this," sighed the Incubus, wincing as his head throbbed again.

"You'll deal with me, hmm...?"

He felt the door against his back as Monique pressed her entire body up against his. She smelled heady, like a strange sweet wine had been mixed with sweat. Her eyes were half-lidded and glowing a dull pink.

"And just how do you plan on doing that? Here to reverse the roles after all those hours you spent beneath me?" she added in a husky tone.

From her vantage point, Quinn choked.

"Wait, did you...?!" she cried, pointing at the two teachers.

"No, we did not. Madam Pudon just has an overly 'hands-on' approach to teaching. Unfortunately."

"Don't act like you didn't love it, petit garçon."

Cobalt bit his tongue. He tried not to remember Madam Pudon's classes if he could help it.

"But that is neither here nor there. Now, cher Cobalt, how do you plan on dealing with me?" purred the Succubus, raising one of her legs as she leaned harder against him.

He took a deep breath and began to think.

This wasn't a situation that warranted a fight; that was a last-ditch resort, if anything. Third-stage Succubi afflicted with Valinsania tend to be much more reasonable regardless, so things were unlikely to escalate. However, Madam Pudon was wilful, and likely wouldn't let either of them leave until she got what she wanted, which Cobalt was unwilling to give.

Unless...?

"Fine."

Her eyes widened with delight.

"Really?! You have no idea how long I have waited for this, chéri!" she squealed.

As Quinn's mouth dropped open, Cobalt placed a hand on Madam Pudon's shoulder and pushed her away.

"On one condition; I'm in charge," he stipulated, narrowing his eyes.

As soon as he said those words, the Succubus swooned and held her hand to her forehead, collapsing against the Incubus as her knees gave way beneath her.

"My oh my, Mr. Trayer. I never would have imagined you had a dominant streak!"

"Neither would I."

Giving another glance to Quinn, the Incubus grabbed Madam Pudon's wrist and pulled her up to the front of the classroom. She didn't resist to any degree, instead she just giggled to herself as she followed him. Snapping his fingers, he pointed to the desk.

"Lie down," Cobalt instructed, glancing around for anything he could use.

She obeyed with an excited trill, spreading her legs as she did so. Turning away from Madam Pudon, the Incubus spotted a messy pile of the Succubus' personal items clustered by the desk. There was a fair amount of marital aids and vibrating beads, but after gingerly sorting through them, Cobalt found what he was looking for; a leather blindfold.

"This is gonna be so much fun, mon chéri!" piped Madam Pudon, winking at Cobalt as he circled the desk.

"If you say so," he simply sighed in response.

Lifting her head, he placed the blindfold over the Succubus' eyes and gently tied it around her head. Taking a deep breath, he then heaved her into his arms, much to her delight. Cobalt grunted as he turned around; she was pretty heavy.

Looking up at Quinn, he made a few meaningful glances towards a small door at the back of the classroom. The Imp just raised an eyebrow and shrugged her shoulders.

"So, what are you gonna make me do, sucre?" cooed Madam Pudon, reaching up to stroke his face.

"The word you're looking for is mon chou," he replied, glaring at Quinn.

Cobalt made a few more rapid gestures with his eyes before his student got the message. Flashing him a thumbs-up, the Imp scuttled down from the rafters, her catlike eyes glinting mischievously as she darted over to the door. She pulled it open to reveal a storeroom filled with teaching supplies.

"Are we starting the roleplay already? Are you the hunky Language teacher, and am I your naughty student~?"

The Incubus slowly carried the Applied Demonics teacher over to the open door.

"I was more thinking along the lines of a prison warden and a misbehaving prisoner."

"Oh I've never tried that one before! Why don't you start off for me, mon chéri?"

"Very well. Time to put you into solitary confinement."

With a mighty heave, Cobalt tossed Madam Pudon into the darkened storeroom. Before she could figure out what was going on, Cobalt slammed the door shut, right before he and Quinn grabbed the teacher's desk and barricaded her inside. As the Succubus screamed and pounded on the door, he sighed and wiped his forehead.

"That was truly agonising..." he murmured, massaging his throbbing head.

"Tell me about it. And I bet she's not even French, too," replied the Imp with a grin.

But Cobalt didn't return the gesture. Instead, he just narrowed his eyes at her.

"I wouldn't have had to sacrifice my dignity like that had you not rushed in here without thinking."

Her eyes widened.

"Woah, cool it. I didn't know she was in here, alright?"

"We don't have time for excuses. Go check to see if Arnn or Karazelle might have run off somewhere else. I'm going to check the gymnasium."

"Cobalt, are you okay? You look-

"I'm fine! Just go find those two before they both wind up disgracing themselves!"

Raising her hands defensively, Quinn just nodded and dashed out of the room. Glancing back at the barricaded storeroom door, Cobalt just shook his head and retied the sash on his dressing gown. It was probably best if she stayed in there until her Valinsania wore off.

Whatever. He had more concerning matters on hand.

 

-----

 

By the time Cobalt reached the gymnasium, he already knew that his target was inside. A small crowd of curious students were bustling around outside, while both Lottie and Whitney were flanking the front door. The Golem had her Granite Shield raised, whilst the Nymph kept her Golden Spear pointed at the door at all times. Upon noticing the Incubus, they motioned for him to get closer.

"What the situation?" he asked, pushing past the rubberneckers.

"We managed to bar her in here, but she-!" began Whitney, gasping for breath.

"Kara took Jellili!" Lottie interjected, grinning as though this were nothing more than a game to her.

Cobalt's eyes widened.

"Jelli? What's she doing here? Where's Izzbelle?" he asked, frantically looking around for the Glutton's faithful companion.

"I dunno sir. She must have been out for a walk or something when Whoretits grabbed her. She and Arnn are in there right now. As for Izzbelle, I think she's spending the day out of town or something."

His brow furrowed as he scowled. This was just what he needed. Not only had an Insania-stricken Succubus broken free of her bonds to run amok on school grounds, but now she had taken two other students hostage.

"Stay here and make sure nobody comes in or out. I'll deal with Miss Terna."

Before anybody could react, Cobalt shunted the front doors open and marched headfirst into the gymnasium, a grim expression plastered across his face. His head felt like it was splitting in two, his stomach was twisted to Hell and everything from the neck down seemed to sporadically twinge with pain. He was not in a good mood. Not at all.

It wasn't improved by the sight he was met with inside.

Up on one of the basketball hoops at the far side of the hall, Arnn Srenth had been unceremoniously tied up with skipping ropes, hanging by his feet like a spider's prey. The trussed-up Imp wriggled and squirmed, but the ropes stayed in place. Over by the bleachers, Jelli lay on her back, protectively holding her Rock Candy Mace before her with one hand as she scrambled to get away with the other. And just before her, like a lioness stalking her prey, was the source of this whole debacle.

Karazelle, still dressed in her pajamas, had whipped herself up into a real frenzy. Her clothes were stained with sweat from all the chasing she had done, and her tail thrashed excitedly upon the floor behind her. Her eyes were glowing the same colour as Madam Pudon, and as she licked her lips excitedly, she reared and prepared to pounce.

Her tail coiled like a spring as she launched forward, wings spread to aid her flight and hands reaching out to nab her prey.

But she didn't even get to lay a single fingertip on Jelli.

Like a bolt from the blue, Cobalt shot forward and intercepted Karazelle, grappling her around the stomach and hurling her as far away from the Glutton as was possible. Placing himself protectively between them, he glanced back at Jelli.

"Go. Whitney and Lottie are waiting for you by the door," he stated urgently, keeping one eye on Karazelle as she staggered back to her feet.

The Glutton just stared at him, eyes wide and shining.

"M- Mr. Trayer..." she gasped.

"Just go, Jelli!"

"Ah, s- sichere Sache! Th- Thank you!"

As she retreated for the door, Karazelle cocked her head and laughed.

"So nice of you to finally drop by, sugar! I was thinking of paying you a visit today!" she purred, striding towards him in a sensuous fashion.

"Just stay back, Karazelle. You're not in your right mind, and it would be best for everyone if you just quietly go back to your room," he warned, folding his arms.

"Heh... And are you gonna make me?"

She glanced back at Arnn and grinned.

"Teasing Arnn was a fun little appetiser, but..."

Turning her gaze back onto her teacher, her pupils dilated as she licked her lips.

"... I think I'm ready for my main course, now...!"

She stooped down low and undid one of the buttons on her pajama top, prompting Cobalt to scowl and look away.

"You're not getting anything from me, Karazelle."

"Aw, not even a baby?"

"What?!"

He whipped his head around just in time to catch a flying spin kick right to the jaw. Since learning of Viola's kickboxing career, she must have asked her mother for some pointers, because the force of her strike was devastatingly powerful. The impact rocked Cobalt's entire skull, knocking him onto his back.

"I'm getting a little tired of asking so nicely, you know. I read somewhere that Succubi used to decide who'd top with a little friendly spat," Karazelle sighed, running a hand through her hair.

She planted a bare foot on Cobalt's chest.

"So rather than squabble, how about you just let me mount you, hm? Forget everyone else; it'll just be you and me. A pair of filthy little Lust demons, locked in a hot, steamy embrace."

The Succubus dropped down, straddling him as her breaths grew hot and heavy.

"I'm talking nail-scratch, neck-biting, hair-grabbing, tail-pulling sex, sugar. I want to hold onto your horns and do unspeakable things to you. Don't you want to do the same?" she gasped, eyes wide frenzied lust.

Cobalt bit his tongue. It seems she wasn't going to back down without a fight.

"Grabbing horns, hm? That's not a bad idea..." he murmured, slowly lifting his hands.

Carefully, he ran his fingers along Karazelle's horns, causing her entire body to shiver. As she bit her lip and urged him on with an excited gaze, Cobalt took a deep breath and held them tightly.

Whereupon he swiftly wrenched the Succubus' head to the left, pulling her off him and toppling her to the floor. Scrambling to his feet, he dusted himself down and bared his teeth.

"Either you go back to your room by yourself, or I drag you back! I don't wish for things to get violent, but if you insist on behaving like this...!"

Karazelle cackled and leaped upright. Crying out an incantation in a sing-song voice, she pulled her Leather Whip from the shadows and dramatically cracked it.

"Alright then, it's decided! Winner gets to ride the loser, yeah?"

Her lascivious grin grew all the more lurid.

"But let's be real here. I know you want this, sugar. You're an Incubus, and I'm a Succubus. Aren't we destined to breed?"

Cobalt bit his tongue, feeling his thoughts grow darker at her words. Indeed, Incubi played a role in regards to Succubi population expansion. Just not the one Karazelle was hoping for...

"Well, how about it?"

"I'm not doing anything of the sort with you, Miss Terna."

"Fine then..."

Her eyes glinted dangerously.

"I guess I'll just have to beat my kids out of you!"

With that, Karazelle burst forth, her whip primed and at the ready. Cobalt ducked to the side to avoid the blow, but that was when she suddenly pirouetted and caught him in the chest with her foot, sending him flying.

"Karazelle," sputtered the Incubus, "I don't want to hurt you!"

She smiled and bit the tip of her finger.

"And I don't wanna hurt you, either! All you gotta do is lie back and take it!"

She made to lash him, but as she made her move, Arnn began to wriggle and screech, his screams muffled by the rope in his mouth. The Succubus turned to silence him, whereupon Cobalt abruptly pounced forward and grabbed her whip. He flung it from her hands, where it clattered against a wall and disappeared in a cloud of purple vapour and lingering shadows.

"No toys in bed, hm? That's okay sugar, I can do it vanilla!" laughed the Succubus.

"Seriously, Karazelle, stop this now! Just... try to fight it!" pleaded Cobalt, gritting his teeth.

"What is there to fight, sugar? I'm just a girl with certain... desires... I don't mean any harm" she replied.

Karazelle suddenly lashed out with a foot, narrowly missing his head. He shoved her leg away, but the Succubus just kept at it, throwing kick after kick his way.

Suddenly, she brought her leg up for what Cobalt assumed to be a roundhouse, but suddenly changed her direction, hitting him in the chest at an oblique angle. However, as his head was thrown back by the impact, the Succubus grasped his hair tightly and threw his head to the ground. He landed face-first on to the gym floor.

"Just relax and let it happen. You're not cut out to be a top, and that's okay."

Easing himself up onto his knees, Cobalt narrowed his eyes.

"Very well, if you won't listen to reason... Rolod."

As the Incubus rose to his feet, black and blue sparks of magic began to coil around his arm. Pain, agony, torment. It all gathered in the palm of his hand.

"Metatpulov."

Pleasure. Ecstasy. Gratification. It whipped itself into a surging tempest of paradoxical sensations.

"Amrifnoc em!" Cobalt bellowed, rushing forward.

Blowing past Karazelle's feeble defense, he slammed his closed fist directly into her stomach. Light flashed from the point of contact as the Succubus was suddenly rocked by a wave of both pain and pleasure. But she did not fall. Instead, she just hissed through her teeth and grasped his wrist tight.

"Hngh... Like it rough, do you sugar...?" she wheezed with a delighted smile.

"Kara-!"

"Odbil tnacilpmi, ad ihim mutsug!"

Before she even finished her incantation, the Incubus felt the blood run from his face. How the Hell did she know that spell?! It was only known almost exclusively by Fesserites from Phrodival!

As purple vapour poured from Karazelle's mouth, she gave him a wink.

"Your mom's an excellent teacher, sugar! Now pucker up...!"

She pulled him in and pressed her lips against his. Cobalt instinctively clenched his teeth shut, but she nipped his lip with a sharp fang, forcing his mouth open. As soon as Karazelle's tongue slipped into her teacher's mouth, he was overwhelmed by a warm, exhausting sensation, like he was drowning in sweet honey. Forced down onto one knee, the Incubus groaned and tried to resist, but Karazelle was a quick learner. She grabbed his face and redoubled her efforts, sapping his energy with a single Dire Kiss.

He was going to lose this struggle, wasn't he? She was going to cross that line with him, and he would lose everything. Viola wouldn't be able to forgive this, even with Valinsania as an excuse.

Cobalt was going to lose.

No.

No!

Not now, not after everything he had done to keep this job! He was not going to lose it over something as trivial as some bloody seasonal mania!

Grasping Karazelle's shoulders, Cobalt pushed her away, granting him brief reprieve from the liplock. Spurred on by a mix of adrenaline, annoyance and sheer desperation, he leaned in close and bit the Succubus' neck.

Hard.

Before he could stop himself, the tips of the Incubus' canines pierced the soft flesh of his student's neck, and he was rewarded with a few sweet beads of blood that splashed against his tongue. As she cried out and staggered back, he splayed his hands and called upon as much magical energy as he could muster. Slick, black darkness coiled around his wrists as flashes of psychomantic energy sparked along his arms. He felt the sickly taste of putrid honey on his tongue, causing his wings and tail to quiver.

Enough trying to parley. It was about time he put his foot down.

"OITANIMOD!" Cobalt roared, pointing an accusatory finger at Karazelle.

He had never used this spell before. It was highly discouraged, even amongst hardcore Fesserites. It wasn't a spell of coercion. It was a spell of control.

He had no memory of ever wanting to use such a power, and yet the words came to him perfectly.

A surge of black-blue energy shot forth from the tip of the Incubus' finger, straight towards his student. She tried to dodge out of the way, but it effortlessly caught up to her, coiling tight around her neck. She struggled for a moment before it faded away, leaving a pulsing black collar around the Succubus' neck.

"Wh- What the Hell?!" cried Karazelle, trying and failing to pull the magical fetter off.

He replied with a snap of his fingers and a shouted command.

"Oge oebui et eretcelfuneg!"

At once, the Succubus fell to her knees, compelled by some otherworldly force. Slowly, Cobalt approached, the shadowy energy coiling around his shoulders like a shawl.

"Edualc idua em...!" he hissed, narrowing his eyes.

Karazelle turned her head to face him. Grabbing both of her horns, he looked her dead in the eyes. This was dark, dark magic. The kind of stuff that could overpower even the mightiest of wills.

"Karazelle, your will is mine. You will do what I say, when I say it, and you will like it. You will not further this ridiculous rampage of yours, and you shall not bother me with your inane ramblings. You will return to your room, and you shall sleep until tomorrow. Do you understand me?!" he commanded, his voice echoing tenfold.

She nodded shakily.

"Y- Yes... m- master-!"

"Imrod!"

He flicked right between the Succubus' horns, and she collapsed without a peep.

As soon as the spell was concluded, the magic circulating Cobalt faded and he fell onto his side, gasping for breath as the last of his energy was sapped out of him.

He actually used it. My Will Be Done. He actually went ahead and used a spell that he had been taught was the stuff of pure evil. A dark spell he had no recollection of learning, a spell only used by outcasted predators.

Cobalt felt sick.

Looking down at the slumbering girl, he watched as the magical collar faded away to reveal the teethmarks in her neck. Sighing, he shook his head and looked up at Arnn, who appeared absolutely terrified.

"I'll send someone to cut you down," he simply said, lifting Karazelle into his arms.

He could still taste her blood on his tongue.

How could he do such a thing...?

Gritting his teeth, Cobalt just turned on his heel and began his march back towards the dormitories.

First thing's first, he'd bring Karazelle back to her room and make sure she was safe. After that...?

He had a lot of thinking to do.

 

3