Chapter 4 Boss
16 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4

Boss

The next day sat in the living room on the sofa opposite Boss Leoni and his men, with nothing but a wooden coffee table and Mathew’s now dry brief case between them, William was trying his best to mediate.

Boss Leoni was an old school gangster who seemed to think the Godfather was an educational movie, and now in later life his style was matching up with his body, he was a big man of Italian descent, with quick dark set eyes, big bushy eye brows and big fists, he always gave the appearance of wearing the best tailored suit even when he wasn’t.

“Where is Mathew, bring him out right now!” half yelled Boss Leoni in a deep bass voice.

“Boss Leoni, I’ve told you, he is currently sleeping off a fever, the doctor said he needs rest.” Replied William in a placating tone.

A vein stood out on Boss Leoni’s forehead as his anger and voice raised further, “how do I even know he is here? Bring out Mathew now!”

He pulled out a large calibre desert eagle and pointed it at William’s face, Luke’s gun was in his hand pointed at Boss Leoni in a second. Boss Leoni’s 4 men answered with their guns.

There was a yell of, “DDDDAAAADDDDDYYYYY!!!!”

From the bedroom followed by a thud noise, then the pitter patter of feet.

As one they all looked to the door and put their guns away with an indulgent smile.

Mathew burst out of the bed room, he had a huge happy grin on his flushed face, wearing William’s big T-shirt and nothing else.

Every eye in the room shot upwards, as all the rough men blushed, having seen Mathew’s not so little friend waving around as he ran in.

Rather too heavily Mathew crashed into Boss Leoni, hugging the older man like he hadn’t seen him in years.

“Daddy I’m so happy to see you.”

Recovering from his mild winding, Boss Leoni said with a tender smile, “Matty my boy, are you alright?”

“Why wouldn’t I be alright here with Mum and my lover?” was the innocent response.

Boss Leoni’s jaw clenched as he struggled to contain his anger. “Your lover?”

William sat bolt upright his cheeks and ears bright red, as Mathew pointed his slim finger at him.

“Isn’t she beautiful Daddy? You have to agree to let me marry her.”

The men around them couldn’t help but laugh, but William sat rigid as Boss Leoni glared at him.

“Come on Daddy don’t glare at my lover, Mum already approves,” looking over at Luke he asked, “don’t you Mum? ”

Boss Leoni’s men were doubling over trying to silence their laughter.

With a huge grin Luke replied sweetly, “what ever my son wants he can have, even if it is this lady beside me. If you’ll excuse me son I’ll just go make you some tea.” Luke just managed to close the kitchen door before his laughter could be heard through out the flat.

Trying to look innocent William said, “I think you calling me your lover is giving Boss Leoni the wrong idea,” another pout from the young man, again made William add, “my love.”

Sitting on Boss Leoni’s lap, Mathew’s delicate brows knitted together, “I guess your right my dear Guinevere.”

Even Boss Leoni burst into laughter this time, Mathew looked confusedly around at the laughing men, then at the blushing William opposite him.

Thinking he was never going to live this down anyway, William said, “don’t mind them my love, lets go get you dressed again shall we?”

Getting up he took Mathew’s hand and led him towards his bedroom.

Still holding William’s big hand, Mathew turned back and said, “Father you have to give me permission to marry my Guinevere.”

Boss Leoni was struggling to breathe he was working so hard to suppress his laughter, he just nodded his agreement to Mathew.

With a huge grin Mathew followed William into his bedroom, as the door closed the room behind them erupted into laughter.

“Guinevere!”

“William the legendary beauty Guinevere?”

“Does that make little Matty Lancelot or King Arthur?”

In his bed room, William picked up the boxers that he could now see had tripped Mathew as he got out of bed and went to help the younger man back into them, but Mathew was fast asleep under the fluffy duvet.

Taking one last look at the sweet young man in his bed, William walked back into the living room to be ridiculed.

Tears in his eyes, Boss Leoni just managed to straighten his expression as William sat down, “I can see what you mean about his fever, I’m just glad he holds no ill will against me. Call me as soon as he wakes up properly... Guinevere.” Boss Leoni’s cheeks hurt he was laughing so hard.

With a murderous look William said, “for the sake of my men and Mathew, who is currently under my protection, I trust none of you will say anything about what you have seen or heard here today.”

The men behind Boss Leoni instantly sobered up and nodded formally, Boss Leoni waved his hand and said with a smile, “I would never endanger Mathew or my daughter in law.”

Ignoring the boss’s laughter William said, “Thank you Boss.”

3