Chapter 7 Found Out
20 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7

Found Out

Some hours later William looked up from his work as Luke came into the apartment.

In a little panic William looked down at the curled up man with his head on his lap snuggled in his jumper, but there was nothing he could do, he just looked up waiting for ridicule.

Luke froze as he saw William and Mathew, mirth dancing in his eyes, then the look changed as he looked at his friend properly.

Tilting his head William said quietly, “what? He wanted to digest then fell asleep here.”

Luke walked into William’s room and grabbed the duvet, laying it on top of Mathew. With a serious look Luke said, “be careful, we don’t know anything about him, I don’t think he is a spy but please be careful, I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

“Mathew’s not a spy, you heard and saw what he did. He was completely out of it with that fever. Plus he couldn’t hurt me.”

“Not physically, my friend.”

Confused William stared at Luke, who said, “just bare my words in mind.”

Watching Luke walk off to shower William looked down at the cute face in his lap and wondered what his friend meant.

That night laying on the too small sofa William still couldn’t get his emotions right, he had never had an adult crush before and was struggling with the idea of liking Mathew. He wasn’t sure which part he found harder to believe, that the one he liked was young, innocent or that it was a man.

After some thought he was most bothered that Mathew would be horrified when he discovered his past, he was too innocent.

Luke’s words drifted into his mind, ‘I don’t want to see you get hurt’. William sat bolt up right on the sofa, his blanket falling away exposing his long sleeve t-shirt and boxers.

Luke knew he liked Mathew!

Sat in the dark, no one saw him blush.

Putting his head in his hands William was mortified, he felt so embarrassed, what did Luke think of him? Could he still command Luke’s respect? He wanted the earth to open up and swallow him whole.

Just as he was contemplating ways to win Luke’s respect and Mathew’s heart, the door to his bedroom opened.

Throwing him self back onto the sofa, William took the mature option and pretended to be asleep.

Struggling to slow his breathing and wondering if he should pretend to snore, William listened to the sound of feet walking softly to the kitchen, the tap running and the sound of feet walking back towards the bedroom.

As Mathew drew along side the sofa opposite William he stopped, then came closer.

Trying like mad to relax William lay still on his back, he heard Mathew stop next to him and put down his glass.

A thin tender finger ran along one of the numerous scars on William’s stomach, where his clothes had parted, making him flinch, he turned over self consciously, hoping it would look like he was asleep.

There was a long moment then he felt hot breath on the back of his legs, was Mathew looking at his scars? William wanted the world, that had obviously waited too long, to hurry up and swallow him.

‘Why did I wear only boxers, I never wear just boxers outside of my room!’ He thought miserably. He didn’t want Mathew of all people to see what had been done to him.

With out meaning to William curled into the foetal position. A few seconds later a small warm hand rubbed him gently on the back through his t-shirt across his many, many scars, William relaxed and softly sighed.

The sound of rustling fabric was followed by the feel of his blanket being draped back over his body.

As the door to his bedroom clicked closed again, William let out a long slow breath.

The next morning the sound of Luke bustling around in the kitchen woke William up from a confusing dream, it was equal parts: pain and torment, and cute fluffy delight, sometimes altogether.

Trying to get his mind back to reality William walked into the large kitchen, his blanket wrapped round his shoulders.

Luke had his back to him as he asked, “Coffee?”

“Yes please.”

Turning round with two cups, Luke said, “If you are going to continue to sleep in the living room you are going to need to keep some clothes out here. I don’t need to see what your boxers are not quite covering each morning.”

Turning away from his friend William looked down and, even with his bending pulling it up, he could clearly see the end of his man hood sticking out of his boxers leg.

Dropping his blanket William wrapped it round his waist.

Passing his friend a cup Luke said, “Here drink some coffee and wake up, its not like I haven’t seen all of you before, at least this time your not bleeding.”

William took the proffered coffee and smiled weakly at his second in command, Luke had been present through out the entire time he was tortured with out a stitch of cloth on, and was the one who kept him alive afterwards.

The coffee cup froze halfway to William’s lips, and he mumbled, “Mathew saw me lying on my back, not quite in my boxers!”

The cup in his hands trembled and Luke grabbed it, “what is going on with you? Get a grip.”

Flustered William answered honestly, “I’m sorry I can’t, I don’t know what I’m doing, I have no idea how to act, Luke this is driving me crazy.”

Putting the cup down Luke held his friend’s broad shoulders, “you like him that much?”

“I know its silly we only just met, but I can’t help it.”

“Ok I understand, but you being an embarrassed wreck is not going to help, take a deep breath and try to calm down.”

Taking a deep breath William held it, and at just that moment the door to the kitchen opened and Mathew walked in.

Seeing Luke holding William’s shoulders, Mathew said, “oh sorry I didn’t mean to interrupt your intimate moment.”

As he turned to walk out again, William and Luke both hurriedly said.

“No it’s nothing like that!”

“It’s not what you think!”

Mathew turned and looked at the pair who had jumped back from each other, “I won’t judge you if you have that type of relationship.”

Blushing, William just stood there dumbfounded.

Looking at his friend, with a sigh Luke said, “we are just close friends, I was trying to talk some sense in to this big dummy, but I don’t think it worked.”

Sadness in his voice Mathew said, “It must be nice to have such a close friend.”

With a smile Luke said, “it is, William is a great friend, I’m sure he would be your friend too.”

The sad look on Mathew’s face vanished and he smiled up at William, “you have already been a good friend to me. Oo is that coffee?”

His heart racing William passed Mathew his undrunk cup.

“Thanks.”

Watching Mathew drink his coffee, William wished his lips had touched the cup too.

Trying to dispel the thoughts going round his mind William said, “how are you feeling? Did you sleep well?”

“I’m still a little groggy but I feel much better, hopefully I’ll be able to give you your bed back tonight.”

Surprised William asked, “Tonight? Where are you going to sleep then?”

With a little tilt of his head Mathew replied, “my apartment, where else would I sleep?”

Putting his hand gently on the young man’s shoulder William said, “I think you ought to sit down.”

Confused Mathew sat at the kitchen table.

Kneeling down in front of him William asked softly, “are you going back to your old life with Boss Leoni?”

The colour drained out of Mathew’s face, “do I have to?”

Shaking his head William replied, “no, we can help you leave, but there are going to be some restrictions on you for a while.”

“What kind of restrictions?”

“I’m not entirely sure, you are the first accountant we have accepted, but due to your knowledge the restrictions imposed by Boss Leoni are likely to be harsh.”

Tears welled in Mathew’s eyes, but he looked determined, “but if I accept the restrictions I will be able to live a normal life?”

“I don’t want to lie to you, you will be in danger for some time. So you will have to stay here with us. At least until the information you have about Boss Leoni becomes obsolete.”

Luke added, “ there are a lot of things to consider, like it is unlikely Boss Leoni will want it known that you worked for him, which will make it hard to find work at a normal accountancy firm.”

William put a comforting hand on Mathew’s knee, “this is a huge decision that will impact the rest of your life, you don’t have to decide now.”

Covering the hand on is knee, Mathew said decisively, “I decided when I stepped back from that ledge, I will do what ever it takes to live a good life and try to make up for my part in my colleagues deaths. Please help me achieve that.”

“I’ll do what ever I can to help.”

Mathew pulled his hand back, making William reluctantly remove his hand.

Seeing his blanket out the bottom of his eye, blushing William stood stiffly up and said, “I’ll leave you to think for a moment while I go get dressed, I don’t want to put you off your coffee.”

The innocent voice of Mathew brought him out of his shame spiral, “why would your body put me off my coffee?”

Staring at the floor, William’s blush deepened and he put his hands to the blanket making sure it was secure, not knowing what to say.

Standing up Mathew touched William’s hand, “I like everyone have heard the stories, you should wear every scar with pride, every one is the freedom of your men.”

For the first time in a long time tears welled in William’s eyes, looking down into Mathew’s sincere gaze, he replied “thank you, I do think of it like that, but I’m still uncomfortable with anyone seeing them, I normally only wear boxers in my own room.”

3