Chapter 11 Maybe
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11

Maybe

Many hours later William came back to an empty dark apartment, putting his briefcase down he called, “hello?”

He was greeted with silence.

Looking at his watch he saw it was already 8 O’clock.

He took off his suit jacket and tie, putting them neatly in his room and went to the kitchen, there he found a bowl of pasta with a note on it.

‘Microwave for 3 minutes, eat and join us in the bar, L&M X’

It was ended with a huge kiss mark that William knew must have been Luke messing around.

Heading down in the lift, William didn’t know how to face Mathew; he had been categorically shot down. Mathew didn’t even consider him a possibility of a potential lover.

The lift doors opened onto an even livelier scene than the night before, he could hardly blame his men, the contract signing was a genuine reason to celebrate.

Turning to his right to his usual large wooden table, he found it empty too, Luke who normally drank with him was no where to be seen.

Deciding he wanted a stiff drink, William moved forwards towards the bar along the left wall. Moving through the gap left in between the smaller tables, at over six and a half feet tall he was spotted instantly, Little Dave drunkenly yelled, “Boss! Everyone it’s Boss!”

The whole bar erupted in cheers of:

“Boss!”

“Our Boss is the best!”

“Boss your awesome!”

“Way to go Boss!”

Thinking about when Mathew had called him Boss, William smiled and to his utter horror the whole room went quiet.

Looking at the shocked faces around him William demanded fiercely, “What? Why does everyone keep looking at me strangely when I smile recently?”

A whole room full of gruff men shifted about uncomfortably looking at their feet.

Just as he was thinking everyone was messing with him, William heard Mathew laugh lightly, he smiled again and there were more than a few gasps of surprised muttering William couldn’t quite hear.

Luke came bursting out of the crowd, “no need to scare the lads, they just aren’t used to you looking so happy. Come and have a drink.”

Letting himself be pulled through the crowd of whispering men, William heard words like, “Shocking...”

“Good looking...”

“Different...”

“Handsome...”

When they got to the bar, William was presented with a pint of IPA, by the bar tender, “good job today Boss.”

“Thanks George, good luck with them all this evening, they seem to be in a strange mood.”

Shaking his head with a smile, George moved off to serve the next person.

Following Luke, William saw Mathew sat at the bar, his pale cheeks rosy with drink, his eyes slightly closed as he laughed with Peter.

Walking towards them, William felt a stab of jealousy that instantly vanished as Mathew yelled, “William!”

Every head in the room turned, who was calling Boss by his name? They all saw their Boss blush with a shy smile.

Again there was stunned silence, everyone could clearly hear Mathew say, “how was your day?”

And William’s usually gruff voice, softly reply, “it went well, how are you feeling?”

The room erupted in conversation, but William listened to none of it, as he happily listened to Mathew and drank his beer.

It was one of the happiest evenings William had ever spent, he chatted with Mathew and the men in the bar, getting interrupted every now and then by people saying, “congratulations Boss.”

At about 11 O’clock, Luke tapped him on the shoulder and said, “I think you ought to call it a night and take Mathew, you’ve both got to go into the enemy’s camp tomorrow.”

With a nod, William moved over to Mathew and said, “we need to get going, big day tomorrow.”

Mathew looked up at him with big green eyes and said, “don’t wanna, I wanna keep drinking with you my...”

Realising what Mathew was about to say, William covered the younger man’s mouth with his big hand.

Mathew’s eyes held mischief as he licked his palm but William didn’t let go, instead he leant down close to his ear and said, “If you call me that, you are going to have to take responsibility.”

Even through William’s hand Mathew’s giggle could be clearly heard.

With a deep breath, William removed his hand and Mathew whispered in his ear, “OK my love, I’ll take responsibility for you.”

His heart thundering in his ears, William grabbed Mathew’s hand and pulled him to the lift. As the doors closed William embraced Mathew and picked him up in his arms, hugging the smaller man tight, one arm round his shoulders, one around his hips.

Seeing the drunken look on Mathew’s face was like a bucket of cold water to William’s enthusiasm, but he didn’t let him go, just holding their bodies more gently together, Mathew’s head next to his.

In a slur Mathew said, “my love, will you sleep in our bed with me tonight?”

His Heart skipping a beat William replied, “I’m sorry my love, I can’t sleep with you when you are drunk, it wouldn’t be right.”

Mathew pouted, “I’m not that drunk.”

“Your drunk enough that I would feel like I was taking advantage of you.”

“How can I prove I’m sober enough?”

“I’m sorry to say, you can’t.”

“So you won’t sleep with me even if I promise to not play with your sexy body?”

 William’s throat went dry, his voice came out horse, “you think I’m sexy?”

The doors to the lift opened and William carried Mathew straight to his bedroom.

Still slurring Mathew replied, “You are the sexiest man I’ve ever seen and when you smile you take my breath away, you’re so handsome.”

Opening the door to his room William froze, was that why everyone was reacting to him strangely? He had been smiling a lot more since he met Mathew.

“Even your confused look is handsome, why couldn’t you be mine? Why are we straight?” Lamented Mathew.

Putting the smaller man on the bed and kneeling in front of him William asked, “What makes you so sure I’m straight?”

“I sat on your lap for twenty minutes earlier and there was no reaction.” Mathew said bluntly and fell back on the bed dejectedly.

William’s mouth fell open, he was too embarrassed to say, it had taken all his control to not get a boner earlier. Now he knew for sure Mathew was too drunk to make a move on, because knelt in front of him, William’s man hood was clearly visible as it stretched his trousers.

Gathering his courage William said softly, “My love I don’t think I’m straight when it comes to you.”

There was no reaction from Mathew. With a sigh that he wasn’t sure if it was relieved or frustrated, William realised the young man had fallen asleep.

1