Chapter 26 Advantage
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 26

Advantage

Four more doubles in, William was feeling less lousy about being rejected, if wobbly.

A small mousy haired lady lamented loudly, “Shame there are no strippers, a hen night really should have strippers.”

With a rich laugh that had all his men staring, William said, “I know just the person for you; Little Dave, I’ll give you two hundred if you strip for these ladies.”

An average height black haired man came out of the crowd and said to William in a flustered tone, “but Boss you told me that I wasn’t to take my clothes off anymore, because it depressed the men.”

In a cajoling tone, William said, “I know you want to.”

Not quite understanding, the ladies were happily chanting, “take it off! Take it off!”

The tall buxom lady, who William had learnt was called Liz, asked, “why do you call him Little Dave?”

With another rich laugh, William said, “because he has the biggest man hood.”

The chants of “take it off” got louder.

Luke came up to William and taking his friend’s arm said, “I think you have had enough.”

“Ah come on I’m just letting off some steam,” putting his head on Luke’s shoulder, William whispered sadly, “I got rejected.”

Stood near by; the ladies, who hadn’t paired off with the many single men, heard his whispered lament and all huddled round him in a group hug, asking in loud voices, “who could reject you?”

Whispers ran like wild fire round the bar, asking the same thing.

“Some one rejected Boss?”

“Who would be stupid enough to reject Boss?”

“Surely no one would reject Boss!”

“Boss got rejected?!”

Mathew who had been staying as far away from the hen party as possible, ventured over when he heard.

Looking at the man he had a huge crush on, William turned to the bar once more, “George one more please.”

“Sorry Boss I’m with Luke, I saw what happened last time you got drunk, remember, that is why we had to get a new bar.”

With a childish giggle that sounded strange with his big form, William replied, “Sorry George, then please can I have a pint of water.”

Passing over the water, George smiled dotingly at his Boss.

Turning round, William saw Mathew get surrounded by the hen party and his smile slipped.

“Oooo he is cute.”

“I bet he is taken.” Said the ladies good naturedly.

Slight panic coloured Mathew’s face as he said, “I’m sorry ladies, my heart already belongs to another.”

With a sad smile, Liz said, “you in an unrequited love too?”

Blushing slightly, Mathew nodded while keeping his eyes down.

Turning to the bar, the bride said, “George please can we have a shot for this cutie, his heart is hurt too.”

Putting his hands up, Mathew said, “thank you, but I have to work tomorrow.”

“Work smerk, William is the Boss and there is no way he is going to work tomorrow.”

With a laugh Luke, who was currently hugging Rebeca, the short mousy haired lady, said, “William will be up and out like nothing happened tonight, he has a ridiculous constitution.”

With a tender smile, William thought, ‘Mathew is really cute when he is drunk, I got to carry him last time too, I hope he drinks that shot.’ With a heavy heart he thought, ‘I really need a hug.’

Seeing the dreamy look in William’s eyes, Liz said, “your thinking of the one who rejected you, aren’t you?”

Sighing William nodded while averting his gaze from Mathew.

Liz continued, “you should have a one night stand, get her out of your head.”

His eyes turning down, William replied, “I couldn’t do that.”

Sheila joined in, “why not? A handsome man like you, you must have loads of options, hell I would take you to bed in a heart beat.”

Surprised, William couldn’t help but ask, “Really?”

The ladies around him all agreed.

Mathew and Luke both stood in front of William, with their arms out wide blocking the way, “I’m sorry ladies, but you can’t take advantage of our Boss.”

Seeing Mathew trying to protect him, William’s heart was in turmoil, he said out loud to himself, “Do I not want to be taken advantage of? No. I do want to be taken advantage of, by my love.”

At the words ‘my love’, Mathew went stiff and turned to look straight into William’s slightly drunken eyes.

Depressed, William dropped down into a crouch, hugging his knees like a child he disappeared from everyone’s view.

Mathew wrapped his arms around the bigger man’s shoulders, and in a nervous voice whispered so only William could hear, “it’s OK my love.”

William’s head snapped up, his eyes shining. In one fluid move he stood up, grabbing Mathew round the waist on the way through, he hoisted the smaller man into the air, all sadness gone from his face.

“Ladies I’m sorry but I think my friends are right, I need to get going, I have to go to work tomorrow too. George next round is on me. Luke make sure everyone gets home safely. Good night everyone.”

Still holding the slightly startled Mathew round the waist, William walked smartly to the lift against the flow of people moving to the bar, ignoring the calls of the ladies asking him to stay.

Putting Mathew down, it took William three attempts to get his key in the lock and push the button for his flat, his hands were shaking so much from excitement.

When the doors to the lift finally shut, William looked at the smaller man and went instantly from excited joy to horribly nervous.

Fiddling with his fingers, he looked down at his feet, “sorry I grabbed you like that.”

“That’s OK, I actually wanted to get you out of there before you did something you’ll regret.”

His shoulders slumping William said, “so that is why you called me ‘my love’?”

For a long moment there was silence in the lift, then Mathew asked tentatively, “is there another reason you would want me to call you that?”

William’s heart pounded, as he thought, ‘because I love you.’

But then he stopped; what would Mathew think of him, as a small straight man being hit on by his big gay Boss?

It felt wrong to do that to the man he loved. But then even thinking of himself as a gay man felt confusing, what was he doing? He had to stop before Mathew got hurt.

“I guess like you, when I get drunk I just like to hear some one call me my love. I’m sorry I have really taken advantage of you, I promise I won’t do it again, you can go back down to the bar if you like.”

Mathew’s voice was soft and caring, which only made William feel worse, “You’ve not taken advantage of me, I was the one who said it to you. I don’t want to go back to the bar, I would rather stay with you and make sure your ok.”

“I’m fine.”

“If your fine then look at me.”

William’s heart ached, as he looked at the floor, he wanted to cry.

The doors to the lift opened, and turning away from Mathew, William walked into the flat.

“William please look at me.” Called Mathew from behind.

Pausing with his head down not quite turning round, William said in a strained voice, “I’m fine, I think I should have a shower, wash off the smell of perfume.”


1