Chapter 10- Morning Ceremony
51 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry about the late post, my wifi wasn't working for a bit but I hope you enjoy the chapter!

 

***

 

*Click*

 

“So, how do we get to hear somebody else?” (Hotaru)

 

I was meaning to ask! (Kohaku)

 

What do you mean? (Hibiki)

 

I mean like you did for Itachi and the geezer… and to call me out. (Hotaru)

 

“Oh, right. Sorry, I forgot it’s been a bit. So, there’s the large orb in the table, that’ll act as our projector to see stuff go down.” (Hibiki)

 

“Okay” (Hotaru)

 

“All you have to do is set your palm on the table and visualize who you want to hear from.” (Hibiki)

 

“WAIT, SO ANYONE?!” (????)

 

Yeah. As long as you got the date, you can request when you want it.” (Hibiki)

 

And you didn’t say so earlier? (????)

 

“Oh… I didn’t?” (Hibiki)

 

No. (????)

 

“Whoopsie, my bad then. I’m pretty sure I’ve explained this a couple of times but-” (Hibiki)

 

“It’s alright. So, this means we can embarrass you now too?” (Hotaru)

 

“... Yeah…” (Hibiki)

 

“YES!” (???)

 

“FUCK YEAH!” (Kohaku)

 

“MWAHAHA!” (Hotaru)

 

“Just don’t get too out of hand. It’s easier if you have some established relationship with your target at the time.” (Hibiki)

 

“So, what’s the catch?” (Hotaru)

 

“There is none. Unless you’re looking for some real sick shit. Just go for it.” (Hibiki)

 

“Okay, last question. How direct are we talking?” (Hotaru)

 

“...The other person at the time needs to at least be aware of you in some shape unless you’re reaching out to a friend’s friend. It gets more difficult the less you and your target know each other.” (Hibiki)

 

“Alright, here goes nothing!” (Hotaru)

 

*Click*

-Murakumo POV-

 

I shut the doors holding my two beautiful little girls, stuffing thing faces….

 

Relaxing my shoulders, I walked down the hallway questioning if Hotaru knew just what she was saying. The plastered grin across her face was… disturbing but adorable to watch with her cheeks stuffed. 

 

As I walked down the hall, all I could hear was the quiet taps of my feet against the polished wood. Turning off the lights and watching our yellow walls be painted blue, I kept in my stride and found the love of my life leaning against the wall. Her scrunched-up face, while she was in thought, made my heart flutter, I kissed her head just as she turned to look at me.

 

“You’re still energetic, I see.” (Uroko)

 

“A look at your face is all I need to have the strength to fight 100 men.” (Murakumo)

 

“... I don’t know what to do anymore.” (Uroko)

 

“You mean with-” (Murakumo)

 

“Yes, this time was too worrying!” (Uroko)

 

I swept her off her feet and into my arms as I started making the way to our room.

 

“H-hey!” (Uroko)

 

“You’re already doing your best love, there’s nothing to worry about. Let’s just cross that bridge when we get there.” (Murakumo)

 

“... You mean that?” (Uroko)

 

“Of course!” (Murakumo)

 

“She still hasn’t whined to us.” (Uroko)

 

“A strong girl, just like her mother.” (Murakumo)

 

“Stop being so…” (Uroko)

 

“So…?” (Murakumo)

 

“... Stupid…” The light kiss I received upon my lips was like fireworks in the dark as she wrapped her arms around my neck. 

 

It was like frolicking in a field of lavenders on a sunny spring day, I could already see Yakumo and Haruto playing by a riverbank with their friends while I and Uroko would be watching from the shade of a tree. If only it could be that simple.

 

“Honey, honey!” (Uroko)

 

“H-Huh?!” (Murakumo)

 

Uroko let out a chuckle that could only belong to the angels themselves, “You almost passed our room again, dear.”

 

“I-I’m sorry I was focused…” (Murakumo)

 

“Elsewhere?” (Uroko) 

 

“I-I guess you could say that…” (Murakumo)

 

Uroko got out and caressed my face with her left hand while taking my arm in her right as she led me into our room. “Oh, you and your fantasies. Let’s head inside, we got a lot to do today.”

 

“Yes, ma’am!” (Murakumo)

 

If only life could be that simple…

 

***

 

“...” (Hibiki)

 

“Are you okay?” (Kohaku)

 

“Yeah, sorry. I-I wasn’t sure what to expect from that. Let’s keep going.” (Hotaru)

 

***

 

- Hotaru’s POV- 

 

The next morning had something new to offer. Ella kept talking to me about how a pet project of hers was finally reacting a little and changed from this sort of white to a vibrant magenta and settled on light pink. As for what she was talking about, she said it was something I could help her with later, so I guessed I’d learn more about it soon enough. 

 

But that’s not what I meant.

 

For the first time in a while, my skill kept flashing green upon the blue screen in front of me. As much as I tried to get a reaction out of Yakumo and my family before, I'm the only one who can see it. 

 

I was trying to not let it all get to me but then it started making noise and I just decided to get it over with. Otherwise, I’d just be annoyed for the whole day since that fool just up and left. It’s been 2 years since I got the system to start helping me out. 

 

As for by who, I couldn’t really say. At the time all it looked like was a in a similar state actually. A white orb that could barely give me any information, I remember when my stat page was just this one rectangle I had to scroll through. Now, that was annoying.

 

I knew it was growing more powerful when the screen kept growing to encompass the page but I guess its powers were sealed? Or maybe it would get everything in time! Who’s to say? 

 

I let Yakumo know I was heading out and gave her a small kiss on her head before she decided to get ready for the day instead of sleeping in for once. We knew mom and dad would be a little late to attend clan meetings, so we took an hour to arrange what they’d need for the day.

 

S: (Don’t forget the file to the left dear, your mother has been working very hard on that one.) (Ella)

 

B: (Let’s look inside!)

 

(Hmm, well I mean a little peak couldn’t hurt right?)

 

S: (It could easily be trapped, remember when we tried snooping last time?) (Ella)

 

(The shock was pleasant, alright fine. You win this time, Ella. We’ll just try something else then.)

 

[Merchant’s Eye]

 

  • Training Regime (Masterwork)
  • A sealed file detailing the fighting style of Uroko Kurama
  • Requirement to open: Uroko Kurama’s Chakra

 

 

B: (WHAT THE FUCK)

 

S: (Jack please, it’s too early for that…) (Ella)

 

B: (ELLA, THAT SHIT IS MASTERWORK!) (Jack)

 

S: (And what about it?) (Ella)

 

(The highest standing someone could achieve in the quality of an item. It takes someone to be so well versed in what they do and to achieve an understanding so profound that they’re capable of changing it on the fly. That’s what masterwork is.)

 

S: (So what you mean is-) (Ella)

 

(Looks like mom has some plans for us… Shit! Do we put the operation on hold?!)

 

B: (We must, The Ice Queen has spoken!) (Jack)

 

S: (I’m sure she wouldn’t appreciate being called that.) (Ella)

 

I quickly put the file with the rest and took off without looking back.

 

B: (Ah! Wait! Why not shift it?!) (Jack)

 

(AND RISK RUINING THAT?! NO THANKS!)

 

S: (You’re willing to wait for a lot of things recently, huh?) (Ella)

 

When Ella pointed that out, my steps slowed as I thought more about it. Sure I wasn’t the most patient person but you had to be to observe your target. It was like how the ROOT ninjas try to infiltrate the Uchiha compound to add heat to the fire.

 

Before you ask, even though I didn’t know the series there are a few times my brother would rant to me about how things annoyed him. One of these things especially was a certain duo trying to solve a problem larger than themselves.

 

I, the 6-year-old, left the compound at 7 am and headed into the village with a small brown bear backpack. Luckily, it was the weekend, so I had all the time I needed today.

 

 I had to sneak about the nuisances in my life, but I got by without any trouble. I figured that most of them would just be getting ready as the guards weren’t the only ones to be more active at 8 AM. 

 

My only problem was the person who kept on my tail, not saying a word but she was the first person I cosplayed, even though she's younger now how could I not admire her?!

 

As much as I wanted to talk to her, she always concealed her chakra and like the ROOT ninja and ANBU I spot with ease, she’s supposed to be hidden among the people.

 

The 17 year old tokubetsu jonin,  her spiky black hair was in a short ponytail, the mesh bodysuit was made of some thin metal I was on the lookout for now that I got an allowance, I think it was chainmail. Things haven’t really been great for her especially since her teacher was you know who. Not to mention the brown overcoat and dark orange skirt. 

 

***

“Are you really gonna pull a ‘he who shall not be named’?” (????)

 

“I already said his name. Multiple times.” (Hibiki)

 

“Ah Ba Bub don’t interrupt!” (Hotaru)

 

***

 

The ringing was just getting more insistent, blaring through my head so I didn’t pay her much mind until the sound came to a slow and stopped as I reached my lovely destination.  

 

The graveyard!

 

Every person’s favorite place to be on a Saturday morning, bright and early. It’s not like I COULD’VE JUST CAME LATER!

 

The big thing was that I was testing the limits of Daughter of the Moon because it has FUCKING QUESTION MARKS! Let me give you a quick refresher on it,

R: Daughter of the Moon (Lvl 2)- A powerful force relating to the source watches over you. You can call upon it for assistance. You may allow a spirit to speak to you for 6 minutes.

Duration: 6 minutes (Once a week)

Cost: (30 Chakra)

Question: 1 (50 Chakra)

 

Reincarnate Bonus

  • 15 Charisma
  • 5 Int
  • 5 ???

 

???- ???

DO YOU KNOW HOW FUCKING CREEPY THAT IS?! A POWERFUL SOURCE MY ASS!

 

Oh, and I may have swiped a few daifuku for the go…

 

Anyways, this wasn’t my first early trip so I was familiar with who would be here. I waited at the stairs and munched on the divine red bean paste before heading inside.

 

“Just what are you up to this time?” Anko asked finishing the dango she was having, and I knew well that that wasn’t her first.

 

I turned around, clasped my hands together, and started to tear up before replying. "I don’t know what you mean. How could I, a six-”

 

“Year old be up to anything nefarious? Was that how you were going to finish that sentence.?” Anko mimicked my movements and was surprisingly also able to cry on command. Before wiping her eyes and acting like that was completely normal.

 

“I know part of you must’ve found that embarrassing but I’m glad to see you’re reading the script.” (Hotaru)

 

“S-speaking of that-” (Anko)

 

“How about we do that later?” I couldn’t hide the wide grin on my face in time. It would’ve been a fun conversation.

 

“Never mind.” (Anko)

 

“It’s always on the table but if you have to know we’re just paying a visit to some friends.” (Hotaru)

 

“I don’t think he’d call you a friend.” (Anko)

 

“I’m working on it! It’s not like you’re any better.” (Hotaru)

 

“Really? If I remember correctly, one of us got a birthday present.” (Anko)

 

“You tell me how’s he going to gift a sword to a kid.” (Hotaru)

 

“So, are we going to act like someone didn’t?” (Anko)

 

“... Touché.” (Hotaru)

 

2