Chapter 12- Desserts With The Dead (2)
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I swiftly use [Shift] to the left of me and watched the straight red hair of my mentor fly forward before she slowed down and bum-rushed me into a hug.

 

“Ah, let go!” (Hotaru)

 

“No escaping! You look too cute today!” Kushina swirled me around in her arms laughing.

 

 I tried to push her face away from mine but to no avail, “Fine. but no-”

 

“Cheek pinch!” (Kushina)

 

“GAH YOU-” We were interrupted by a small cough coming from behind us and I turned to see Anko…

 

My face was red as Kushina kept me wrapped in a hug for a little longer before going to Anko.

 

“It’s nice to see you again, Anko.” (Kushina)

 

“Y- yes! I’m glad to see you as well. H-how are you feeling?” (Anko)

 

I went back to stand next to Anko, “Imagine, asking a dead person how they’re feeling.”

 

“I- I!” (Anko)

 

“It’s alright, she’s just playing. I have to say it’s not ideal but I’m glad I can have somebody watch over Naruto for me.”

 

“So, this is why-” (Anko)

 

I put my hand out and cut her off, “No. I purely hate the hypocrisy of everyone blaming a child for all that happened and the ones who let it happen. She just happened to be the first person I tried to talk to. But I’m not sure how much longer we have so should we get to business.”

 

“It’s always business with you… We have more time this go around!”

 

“I- Wait what?” (Hotaru)

 

“Your question last time wasn’t the simplest to answer but I was able to get some help.”

 

Yesterday, I was chatting with Mito as I had to try not to ask any questions, but suddenly she came to a halt.

 

***

 

It wasn’t such a random choice to use my ability here for the first time. I mean the series is literally called Naruto. And after hearing rant after rant from my brother one “You’re getting better at it; I may soon call you a specialist.”

 

“But it’s so much work!” (Hotaru)

 

“You’re right about tha-....” (Mito)

 

“Mito?” (Hotaru)

 

“I-I’m sorry, excuse me for a second…” (Mito)

 

“Alright then.” (Hotaru)

 

Mito vanished from the space but returned just as quickly that I barely noticed it until I saw the shift in her demeanor

 

“Two people were about to join the pure land… and the gate just shut.” (Mito)

 

“Wh-” (Hotaru)

 

“Stop. Let me continue, their souls didn’t leave their bodies and they’re fine… I haven't seen medical treatment of that sort.”

 

“So, what made you so worried?” I shut my mouth so fast after saying that, but I could already see the words fly toward Mito. Mito’s black pupilless eyes glowed for a second and the space around us became blue, painted with the same white dots but now they were making stars before she responded.

 

“My apologies, It looks like I’ll need some time to answer this one.”

 

[First to question the world]

 

***

 

“Well, I can’t call it an exact answer, but would you like to see the results?” Kushina’s jovial laugh became more awkward as she went on which couldn’t be more concerning!

 

“You don’t have to join if you don’t want to but I figure we’re all going to play a role at some point so I might as well ask someone I want to learn from one day.” (Hotaru)

 

“Hold on, this is a lot to take in. What is this all about?” Anko put a hand onto her head but was taking it better than I expected.

 

“...” (Hotaru)

 

“You already brought her here.” (Kushina)

 

“That’s true…  Might as well come out with it. Anko, even if it sounds insane, I’m just going to ask you to keep your mind open because our problems have just begun.”

 

“What is it?” (Anko)

 

“It’s not hard to tell that I’m off for a six-year-old, a genius one could call it. In all honesty, this is my second life.” (Hotaru)

 

“Pfft, Alright. And?” (Anko) 

 

“You’re talking to a ghost with me- Huh?” I turned to look at her, just completely unphased. Well, I guess it’s justified.

 

“You said to be open about it.” (Anko)

 

“Well yeah, but you can’t just take someone’s words at face value!” (Hotaru)

 

Anko’s expression was deadpan as she just pointed behind me and I turned to see Kushina holding a white banner over her head with the words….

 

“Go Go Hotaru, Ya Know!” (Kushina)

 

“...” (Hotaru)

 

***

 

“The way her face lit up like a Christmas tree, even just watching it made my day a little better.” (Kohaku)

 

“S- Shut up!” (Hotaru)

 

“Not to mention how red she got; she looks like a strawberry!” (????)

 

“AHH! CAN I RERECORD THIS?!” (Hotaru)

 

“I’m so sorry, it’s a one and done sorta deal.” (Hibiki)

 

“Ugh! You two better zip it before I feed you to Luna!” (Hotaru)

 

“You have my word.” (????)

 

“As you wish.” (Kohaku)

 

***

 

I was fully turned back to Kushina while she kept giggling like a schoolgirl!

 

“Y-you can just do that!” (Hotaru)

 

“Aw, why not? You look so happy!” (Kushina)

 

“THAT’S NOT THE-” (Hotaru)

 

That’s when I received a small pat on my shoulder before being pushed into the squishy form of the tangible spirit.

 

“Why you!” (Hotaru)

 

‘Let’s just be a little honest with ourselves, kay?’ (Anko)

 

“I will have my revenge!” (Hotaru)

 

“Yeah yeah, Supākurī.” (Anko) 

 

“YOU WILL REGRET SPEAKING THAT NAME!” (Hotaru)

 

Anko gave me a razzberry while Kushina just kept me in her arms…. Not like I was fighting it at that point. 

 

“I guess it could wait if we have time…” (Hotaru)

 

“I’m glad you agree.” (Kushina)

 

“You’ll be able to come back anyways.” (????)

 

“That’s rig-. Who was that?!” (Hotaru)

 

“It’s just my helper. Don’t mind them too much.” Kushina's grip around me was a little too tight but I got the message.

 

 “Says the literal chakra demon.” (Helper)

 

“You’re going to act like you aren’t one yourself?” (Kushina)

 

  “Ha-ha, very funny … I gotta get back to work.” (Helper)

 

It was then that Kushina lifted one of her arms and a yellow chain spiraled out, Anko looked enraptured as I heard the clinking of metal, safe to say the “helper” was sufficiently bound. The chains started to retract into Kushina’s arm and all I could hear was the dragging fabric across the stone before the figure came into sight.

 

Their body was indistinguishable by the giant black cloak looming over their entire body and somehow kept its regular shape while they were being dragged… They looked like a whole water bottle.

 

Broad shoulders but without any movement, I couldn’t observe much else someone could’ve told me they were a bodybuilder and I’d accept it wholeheartedly. But what grabbed my attention was the red circle with a swirl over their chest.

 

Another Uzumaki?!

 

“You need to take a break too. I’m sure he wouldn’t be happy to hear that you wouldn’t stop.” (Kushina)

 

 “I’m not trying to stick around.” (Helper)

 

“At least get some sleep, and ya know…  maybe leave some snacks, seats, furniture and-”  (Kushina)

 

 “I get it, you leech. Just take it.”  (Helper)

 

“Thank you very-... You made one for me?” (Kushina)

 

“For the both of you since some people can’t realize the extent of their abilities.” (Helper)

 

I’m feeling very targeted right now! 

 

“Did I do something?” (Hotaru)

 

“N-” (Kushina)

 

“No shit. You’re doing a great job at hiding it too.” (Helper)

 

“Hey, it’s not like I have full control over everything. I'm working with what I have!” (Haruto)

 

“Alright, settle down, and let’s just have some snacks!” Kushina rolled out the scroll upon the ground and in a puff of smoke, appeared a kotatsu table along with a tea set and a large variety of snacks in the center.

 

I don’t think I was the only one who heard the chorus of angels singing while all of us gazed at the marvelous spread before us. Only for Anko and this helper to fight over dango while I and Kushina watched.

 

As much as I was enjoying everything, the symbol still boggled my mind. The Uzumaki symbol, that’s what it was supposed to be, at least that’s what I thought.

 

 A red circle with a swirl but instead what I saw was the bottom half of this swirled circle while the top expanded into three round spikes? Petals? I couldn’t be sure. 

 

The helper ended up falling asleep in the kotatsu, for such a huge body I don’t know how we still had room afterward. I and Anko decided that we’d get back to this since Kushina said we needed their help to get there.

 

So, with a moment of silence, we shut our eyes and let the chakra take hold as we opened our eyes back at the grave, at the same time of day. As usual, as if nothing happened.

 

Even without expending my chakra, [Daughter of the Moon] was back on cooldown. So, I’d have to wait another week. Which felt like a waste, but I don’t really regret it.

 

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful, Anko got assigned some mission, so I gave her some seals, most of mine were influenced by my kekkai genkai. It was always a fun time to leave clan members bound and braindead for a bit. But my actions always needed to be justified.

 

 Which is why I got [Sneak] so high, I can’t spy on sensory jonin yet or high-level ones without being noticed but I’ll get there! For the drama!

***

 

*Click*

 

"..."

 

"AH WAIT, THAT FUCKER WOKE UP, AH SHIT! NO, WAIT!" (Hotaru)

 

2