Chapter 55- Blow for Blow
6 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

*Click*

Name: ------- Fuma

Player Name: Nyct

Class: Seeker (Lvl 10)

HP: 100/100

Str: 10

Dex: 20

Int: 26

Wis: 17

Cha: 30

Stm: 15

End: 10

Stamina: 150

Chakra: 70 /70*

Attribute Points: 0

 

Status: [Normal]

 

Affinities: Sound, Wind, Lightning, Yin, Water

 

 

Titles

 

[Livra Pioneer] [+]

 

[More Than Friends] [+]

 

[Reincarnation] [+]

 

[Weapons Master] [+]

 

===

 

Question lv 8 [+]

Scan lv 3 [+]

 

Bargaining lv 5 [+]

 

Downpour Totem lv 5 [+]

 

Nature’s Call lv 2 [+]

 

Venomous Speech lv 2[+]

 

Patch-up lv 5 [+]

 

Innate- Rune Master [-]

 

Yuki [+]

Set [+]

Duet [+]

 

I looked over my status as we strolled along, confusion took hold of me and I uttered, "I don't get it.”

 

“The seal should be settled by now.” (Riku)

 

“Okay.” (Hibiki)

 

“We’re checking on your health.”(Riku)

 

“Right.” I crossed my arms and turned to Karin.

 

“Making sure there aren’t any problems.” She gave me a thumbs-up while we listened to him.

 

“Uh huh…” I gave her one back for some reason and she smiled.

 

“By conducting a test.”

 

‘Boy, if you can’t look me in the eyes.’

 

“…” (Hibiki)

 

“…” Sweat was dripping down his face as the silence grew more palpable. I silenced our footsteps and sped up to match his pace and fill the stairwell.

 

“How much longer can you dodge the question, Riku?” (Hibiki)

 

“W- what…question?” (Riku)

 

“What- is- she-doing-here?” I pointed back at her pink… everything. From top to bottom.

 

She was yelling at the top of her lungs before going back to her sucker and waving at us.

 

We waved back and kept going. “You want one?”

 

“Riku.” (Hibiki)

 

“…S-she’s just watching.”

 

“Uh huh…” (Hibiki)

 

I should’ve grilled that boy to the ends of the earth because of this!

 

< (C) Quest: Brotherly Rivalry!!! >

 

Whether its by logic or emotion, the air has been… awkward to say the least after previous events. So, why not clear your mind and play along?

 

That's all it said.

 

‘PLAY ALONG?!’

 

This bitch was really out here, not even the whole WORLD REACT Shtick! No objective. No Reward. Sirius was just “testing the waters.”

 

‘Now, I need to kill him.’

 

“Would you look at that? We’re here!” (Riku)

 

The stairway opened up as the walls curved the entire way into a dome formation. The natural rock shifted to carved tiles, while Kabuto and Orochimaru stood in the middle of the stadium.

 

“…”

 

‘Those shifty eyes!’

 

“… Checking on my health…” (Hibiki)

 

“I never called it a check-up.” (Riku)

 

‘I should’ve wrung his neck sooner.’

 

“I suppose…” (Hibiki)

 

“REEEE!” The two of us jolted and swiveled back to the scream from behind.

 

“Oh. I can hear me now.” And she went back to the sucker.

 

‘Right… needs focus.’

 

Riku walked up to her. “You remember what you promised?”

 

“Mmm! I was never here.” She giggled and ran ahead to Orochimaru’s side.

 

“What?” (Hanashi)

 

“Don’t worry about it.” He walked ahead.

 

“…Alright.” (Hibiki)

 

‘This is really my life now…’

 

I sighed as we headed up toward the others. I jumped above a giant shuriken coming at me. Meeting Karin’s wide-eyed stare next to Orochimaru and Kabuto from the bleachers.

 

Rolling into a three-point landing. “Mind explaining now?”

 

One hand outstretched, this giant scroll shrunk down to the size of a water bottle. “I’m sure you’ll get it.” He held the scroll in his mouth and, with a single touch, two large strings of shurikens dragged on the floor like a set of whips. I pulled out my own and summoned the stick.

 

“I’m sure I will.” (Hibiki)

 

‘No, the fuck I won’t…’

 

The two of us were at a standstill. Eyeing whoever would make the first move and the moment he used the body flicker technique, the staff elongated as I coated the tip with chakra and slammed it into the ground.

 

*CRACK*

 

Shattering the surrounding stone. While I couldn’t escape without getting nicked by a couple, I could make out most of the shurikens bouncing off.

 

Signing at my pace wouldn’t cut it. I opted for the next best thing and had the stick jettison me away and caught Riku signing on the run before slinging another onslaught of shurikens from the rope while the others animated back to life with small thunder shocks between them.

 

‘Ugh, just my luck…’

 

(Jules.)

 

S: (…)

 

(Jules!)

 

I ran around the stadium, barely weaving through the two swarms of blades coming my way.

 

S: (Yeah?)

 

Signing on the run was even less of a skill, but after all that, I had to stick with the one I could do comfortably.

 

(This kid hasn’t signed a day in his fucking life, and I just started.)

 

S: (We’ve been practicing!) (Jules)

 

(Oh, good for you!)

[Wind Release: Breakthrough]

 

*FWOOSH*

 

Exhaling and spinning on the staff spiraling me forward was enough for me to feel like I’d lose my lunch if I kept going. I was so relieved when it finally slowed to a stop.

 

It at least had a somewhat desired effect. Locking the mass of shurikens into one location, the wind battering them left and right as they bounced off each other in a cloud of absolute annihilation.

 

‘Not like any of that would stop this…’

 

Without missing a beat, I haphazardly got the staff to short back into a stick and swung.

 

*CLANG*

 

“Nice sword.” (Riku)

 

The polished steel gleamed against the blue blade of chakra ran down and morphed my stick to elongate into a tsuka wrapped in my strings.

 

“Same to you.” The edges of my lips curled as a pinwheel pattern spread over my arm.

 

Before we left, Miroku asked me and Makoto to think about her question.

 

‘What do you want to do in this life?’

 

Her words brought a clarity I couldn’t grasp before, and that realization was more than annoying.

 

(Marcus, would you do the honors?)

 

B: (Heh, it’d be my pleasure.)

 

Riku jumped away and I motion the blade diagonally to the ground. Watching the small white trail that followed the tip.

 

“First verse- Largo”

 

The words I uttered fell on deaf ears as blood spilled across the floor from Riku’s chest. The blade went a dull yellow to green as Marcus belted.

 

♪♫ Laaaa~♪♫

 

(Start at 1:14)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFfkpy38UPA

 

(How long do you think we could hold this up?)

 

S: (Under 2 minutes.) (Jules)

 

(That’ll have to do. Glad you’re responsive.)

 

‘Fits nicely too.’ I tested the blade's weight in my hand.

 

“You got me, I owe you a show for that.” (Hanashi)

 

I body flickered in front of him, tapped his chest, and without a moment's notice; the bleeding ceased. I turned my gaze to Riku’s blade. What remained of it, that is across the floor.

 

[Patch-up]

 

[+10]

Giving him enough time to back away and get another. The grin on his face was devious before he placed the scroll back in his mouth.

 

‘Missing my favorite part for this. Better be worth it.’

 

I held my katana with one hand and watched each time it glowed with the snare.

 

♪♫ AY! FIGARO~!♪♫ (1:58)

 

I rushed Riku, matching my strikes and blocking to the song’s beat to the best of my ability otherwise, this was going to bite me in the ass.

 

Weaving through Riku’s swordplay was child’s play if not for the sudden redirections he was making.

 

‘More kekkai genkai than foundation… than again…’

 

“Not sure ‘bout that.” (2:10)

 

I couldn’t stop him, but interacting was a different story. I just couldn’t call it safe so that idea was pocketed for later besides his shaking hand was telling enough that this fight was coming to an end until he jumped back and flung a Fūma Shuriken my way.

 

‘I got this.’

 

I slashed the sword down again and watch the ring holding them together shatter before the same static wiring formed between the blades.

 

“Ah.”

 

‘Don’t got this.’

 

The curved blades then blazed with lightning chakra and spun at me.

 

(I’m in danger.)

 

S: (I could’ve told you that a mile away.) (Jules)

 

(No shit.) I rolled my eyes.

 

They came at me like buzzsaws and clashed before flying past. Even knowing his plan, I didn’t want to ruin Marcus’ fun. I threw the katana into the air as I recalled the kinjutsu. Placing my hands apart as two halves of a triangle and concentrating on the trap the other made, I expanded into platforms.

 

While he couldn’t apply all of it, he had the right idea. This ability was more of a Yin release than anything else. Relying on one’s [Will] to take shape, I simply took a note out of his book and played with the idea during the test and imagined that this jutsu, maybe all jutsus were like clay.

 

The hand seals would be the individual helping it take shape, and each element had its own qualities that required them to be handled differently. That’s how the platform Makoto ran across came to be.

 

[Set]+[Yuki]

 

I braced as the chakra was taking its toll. The string trap I set with the slam of my staff moved underneath me and spread out and unleashed upon the blades. Turning [Set] from using something at a single point to one that can’t move as far was a small price to pay for an AOE.

 

Strings shot out of the ground left and right, turning to shreds under the sharp whirling of the blades. Slowing their momentum down, just long enough for a ram-shackled pyramid of chakra to envelop me while Marcus happily chased after Riku.

 

‘Two can play spinning blades, bitch!’

 

That was the thought until my chakra couldn’t hold up any longer with the song ending and the pinwheels along with it.

 

“Ugh.” (Hibiki)

 

“I won!” Riku hollered, bouncing around with laughter.

 

I knocked a side of the pyramid and watched it ultimately collapse with the rest of the strings... and me. Now I was the heaving mess on the floor.

 

‘Flimsy.’

 

B: (Had fun?) Marcus had the stick return to me before it fell back to the ground.

 

(Eh, this wasn’t bad. Man, this body needs training.)

 

“Hibiki, need a hand?” Riku had his hand outstretched.

 

“Mm…” (Hibiki)

 

“Ah!” I grabbed his hand and dragged him down with me.

 

Too tuckered out to speak, I started laughing heartily at the complete switch-up from this demon with magnet release to the doughy eyes masking his worry when I’m the one who hacked his chest. Being riddled with cuts like these said a lot about my arsenal and its weakness.

 

“You’re a demon, Riku.” (Hanashi)

 

“Huh?!” He looked appalled, and that ticked me off more than I thought.

 

“Still got chakra to spare…, motherfucker!” (Hibiki)

 

“Lang-” (Riku)

 

“Shut up.” I bit him.

 

“GAH!” (Riku)

 

We rolled across the floor, biting each other and pulling hair until Karin jumped into the pile and pushed our faces away up.

 

“No fighting!”

 

‘What the hell did you watch for the last ten minutes?!’

 

“Ahem!”

 

“Huh?” The three of us turned back to Kabuto, looking baffled momentarily before regaining his composure and going on.

 

“It looks like everything is perfectly fine. We’ll do a small checkup and call it a day. We’re glad to have you join us.”

 

‘Huh?!’

 

“…” I slowly turned to Riku just to see him looking away.

 

Then I bit him again.

 

“GAH!”

 

<Quest Complete>

 

*Click*

2