Calling Logue Town
70 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: So, I've started another story, this one will continue, even with it's very odd upload schedule, but I will be uploading a second story, completely unrelated to this one. If you want to read it, it's called "My Notes About My Roommates". It's short, as in very. If you don't want to read it though, then that's fine too.

Anyways, on with the actual story!

It was my first time using a Transponder Snail, and it was like I was using an old phone. I could do it, but it was weird. While reminding me that phones didn't exist in this world, I still vaguely understood how to use it, and so, I simply called. There was barely any time between actually calling and someone answering, which could only really mean one of them had it on them, or near them.

"Hello?"

On the other side of the call, Branson was the one to answer. "Ah! S'that Buggy? It's only been a week, an' yer already callin? Nuthin's happened yet!"

"Well hi to you too."

"Oh? Sumthin wrong?"

"Noooo... I was in need of Rosa, but since you're on call, can you maybe get her? We're in need of her expertise."

I could hear some papers rustling around before it went quiet for a little bit. That silence felt like forever as even Rem was starting to look slightly nervous about this. Fortunately, there was some sound once again, and a voice from the other side came into my ear.

"Hello, my friend."

"Hi Rosa."

"Branson has told me that you are in need of my help?"

"Yeah. It's to do with... is anyone around you?"

"Of course. Branson is."

"Can you.. maybe.. go to a different room or something?"

"... Of course. Give me just a second."

The sound went quiet for a minute, so I dropped my hand holding the snail to the ground while there wasn't anything.

"Is.. Ro-Ro there?"

"Yeah, she's moving to a different room to be by herself, because, as you know, the soul stuff is secret."

"Can I talk to her?"

"I was planning on letting you anyways. It's not like I could stop you, nor would I, unless I have a reason."

Almost speaking once more, we were interrupted by Rosalina's voice.

"All right, I am now alone. May I now know the reason as to why I am talking to you alone on my end?"

"Well, yes. Obviously, it's the whole reason I called. So, it's about my soul."

With a short pause, Rosalina answered. "That is an adequate reason as to why I would need to be in a separate room. What a sensitive topic, but why your soul in particular?"

I was about to answer, but I had a realization.

'Does Rosa have any knowledge of my personalities? Wait, did I just randomly start having this happen out of nowhere? Does Taki know?'

And so, I nervously had to answer with "Did you know I.. kinda have multiple personalities?"

A second passed.

"You had told me before that you were a combination of two different people, but other personalities were not spoken of."

"Oh great... something I didn't tell you. Yay."

"Do you mean to tell me that you have multiple personalities?"

"Yes. But that's because I didn't fully realize until we got to this island!"

'When did I actually realize I had more than myself? Was it back when Lucifer was just showing up? Or... I don't actually know...'

"Yeah. I think. I don't actually remember when these personalities started to appear, but I think there's like.. two. I think?"

"You do not know how many personalities you have? No, forget that, what does this have to do with souls?"

"Can I get to telling you?"

I heard a loud sigh from her, followed by the words "Yes. You may."

"Okay then. I need to talk to one of them, and he will not talk to me."

"What does this require me for?"

"Well, I have a feeling that going into my own soul and finding him could be the best way to go about this."

"And why do you need to interact with this other identity of yours? There must be a good reason to go through all of this trouble."

".... About that..."

I had a quick reminder of just how many times Lucifer had partially taken over my body, and integrated into my own personality. On top of that, I had another theory.

'Did Lucifer use my Conquerers Haki? Like.. through my eyes? And it was only used on specific targets too... Wouldn't that mean he has precise control over it? That just begs the question of whether or not he does have control over that, but is my will that strong? Or does he maybe have separate will to my own? But.. a personality with Conquerers Haki? That would be a first. Is that even possible in the first place?'

"Buggy? Did you forget why you need to interact with this identity of yours?"

"Oh, yeah, no, I didn't. Uhm... It's really more of a precaution before the personality takes over my whole body and kills someone without me knowing..."

There was a short silence that had fallen over everyone, including the already silent Taki and Rem. Both were overhearing my side of the conversation, and I could guess that Rem was filling in the blanks using my own words.

Taki's ears were perked up, but she wasn't paying any other attention to this, even while listening in to it. Rem on the other hand, while I could tell she was paying attention and filling in blanks, I could also tell she had something else going on in her head, even if I didn't know what it was.

"... Did I trust you on accident? This seems as though to be an issue that would have been better to resolve with you here rather than in the Grand Line."

"No, you didn't trust me on accident. It's something new, and it's not directed at Rem, if you were worried about such a thing. I'm a little hurt that you asked though. And there's a problem if you want us to come back..."

"It would be preferable if you did so, but can I guess that there is a reason as to why you cannot come to Logue Town?"

"There is. To get off this island, we need to make a ship fly."

"..."

"The only person with the ability to just give away materials is the one that I fear I'll hurt."

"..."

"That same person is pretty much in fear of this other personality too."

"..."

"...."

"... What?"

"What do you mean..."

Taking a quick second, I had to remember exactly what I just said to find a problem."

"... Nevermind. I didn't tell you where we are... We're on an island called Eternal Shroud. It's an island that has waves crashing into it constantly. We're stuck here until we fix the ship."

"... I understand that you're stuck, but making a ship fly?"

"Yes. To get over the waves. They're... VERY tall."

"And why is it a ship?"

"So it can sail and fly, obviously."

I heard an audible sigh come from the snail, mimicing what Rosalina was doing.

"You... changed topics... from what you need help with to a flying ship.."

"Well.. I didn't realize."

'Of course I'm going from subject to subject! A bit too much has happened since just arriving on this island! I haven't even told you everything yet either!'

"So, why did you need my help with this... personality... of yours if you could not leave?"

That one question brought me back to my train of thought.

"Oh right! I was wondering if you've ever.. like.. gone into someone's soul.. or anything like that?"

The next few seconds felt like an eternity, and Rem had an anxious look that came over her, as if hoping that Rosalina had something to help.

"I.. have manipulated souls before.. and I have looked at them, studied them, but never actually have gone inside of one..."

Thoss words gave me a sinking feeling, like I was going to have to face death to fix this issue. Death, being Charlotte Linlin, also known as Big Mom.

"I am sorry that I cannot help... I do have a follow up question for you. What would you do with the knowledge that I had? Ask me to use that ability on you from such a far distance?"

My sinking feeling was cut off by that question, and I unheartedly answered "I would've asked you to teach Rem like this..."

"... Oh..."

'That sounded like she hadn't thought of it. Was Rem just not an option for this? I would've thought she was the obvious answer.'

In a quick movement, Rem took the transponder Snail from my hand and spoke into it.

"Ro-Ro, Buggy's been wanting to help me, and so, I want to help Buggy in exchange!"

I couldn't hear what Rosalina had responded, since I didn't use Haki to listen in, but the conversation went on for a little while without me, Rem wanting Rosalina to possibly find a way to help, at least that's what I understood from Rem's words.

The last time Rem stopped talking and just listened, if made it feel like the whole world was quiet for some reason. Like there was no other sound on the planet. No wind trying to sway the ship, no ropes or stands creaking, just no sound. Rem took a look at me for a second and handed the snail back to me, mouthing "Ro-Ro will do it."

"Okay, Buggy. Seems as though I need to come up with something. Give me at least three hours before I call you back. I have some work to do."

0