Chapter 4
169 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been a month since the last time I got attacked by a group of kidnappers, and I must say, life has been good. It is taking care of an infant while also working outside. Not only that, but I also need to train my magic every night before sleep.

The income from hunting rabbits and occasionally cooking for Vyros is not much, but I manage to gather one Gold coin from it. This world currency is fucked. One dragon gold coin is equal to two hundred and ten silver stag coins and eleven thousand seven hundred and sixty copper pennies. One silver stag coin is equal to fifty-six copper coins.

What the hell! Why can't you use a more straightforward method?! One gold equals ten silver, and one silver equals ten copper.

One gold coin is not much, but it can last us for a month if we decide to live alone.

Anyway, other than working on getting money for ourselves, I also train my magic by helping other people in the other part of the town. My mana is strong enough to cast a healing spell, and I decide to heal people in the Ragman's harbor.

Ragman's harbor is the place where the poor lived. They are the people who cannot hire a healer in the richer part of the town. In the past two weeks, I have continued to heal the people in need. In the first three days, I can only heal five people before I need to rest.

However, after healing them continuously, I was able to heal twenty-five of them before I needed to rest for an hour. While healing them, I discover something about my mana reserve. It was like a muscle. The more you put a strain on it, the more it grows and adapts to the strain.

Because of this, I need only to empty my mana reserve and wait for it to fill up. My mana reserve then slowly gets bigger because of the strain I put it under. I also get a little bit of money from healing all of the people in this district.

I must say that I had a productive month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

There is a rumor running around the city of Braavos, especially in the Ragman's harbor. A miracle healer has appeared in this area. He is wearing a white and red hoodie that covers his face. He is a young man that uses magic to heal the poor.

He always appears in the same place every day. It was the poorest part of Braavos where the slum was located. Just like yesterday, this healer can be seen walking into the slum wearing his usual attire.

Seeing the healer coming once again, many people start to rush toward the young man. The first one to arrive is a woman holding his son in her hand. Her son is currently having difficulty breathing, and his entire body is very pale.

"O healer, please, I beg you, help my son. Please… I will give you anything, but please heal my only son."

The young man, Viserys, touches the woman's shoulder and says.

"Please get up. I will try my best to heal your son."

After saying that, Viserys touches the child's head, and suddenly his hand starts to glow. A few seconds later, the child starts to regain his color, and his breathing slows down. In a matter of a few seconds, Viserys is able to heal the child.

"He should be fine now." Viserys takes out a bunch of what looks like a hardened paste. "Let your child chew this for a few hours before spitting them out. This medicine is to make sure your son does not get sick again."

"Yes! I will chew on this." The woman nodded her head frantically. "Thank you, healer. Thank you. How can I repay you?"

"You don't need to. It is my pleasure helping you."

The woman bowed at Viserys and continuously thanked him for a few seconds before saying her goodbye. When the mother walks away from him, the rest of the sick people start to surround Viserys.

"Please! Please! You don't need to rush. Please create a line. I will heal you as much as I can."

Viserys healed as many people as he could for the next five hours before he got back home. Many people did not want him to get back home, but they let him get back home after he promised to get back here and heal them as well.

Of course, he did not let other people follow him home. While walking through an alley, he cast an invisibility spell. It was not a complete invisibility spell but rather a spell that let him bend the light to make him invisible to normal eyes. It did not mask his smell, sound, or presence.

A well-trained person will notice something wrong in his general direction.

Slowly but surely, his reputation in the Ragman's harbor. His reputation as a healer who did not want any money started to spread out and reach the ears of the healer in the House of the Red Hands.

House of the Red Hands is the one place where you can hire a healer, and because of that, they are also the one that chooses the price for their service. So, when they hear a new healer appear in Braavos and give his service almost for free, they know that they need to do something.

And one of the head healers has the same idea. He did not want competition, and he needed to get rid of it before it got too big for him to destroy.

"An upstart person decided to take the title of a healer, huh? Did he not know that only a certain person can take the title of a healer?"

A healer is a title that can only be used by the people who finished their studies in the House of the Red Hands. However, to join this place, you need to pay a massive amount of donation before you can get accepted.

Because of this reason, only certain people can be called a healer, and most of those people come from rich backgrounds.

"Hmmmm, should I send someone to deal with him? That is not a bad idea."

The old man took a parchment and started to write an order.

7