Chapter 11
144 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been two weeks since we got attacked by the knights from the Western part of Westeros. The land where the house that killed my family is located. They are coming from Lannister.

Sir Willem said that Gregor Clegane and Amory Lorch are the main attack dogs of the Lannister. He said that they come here to wipe out the name of Targaryen from this world just because my father humiliated him in the past.

He said something about Lannister always paying their debt.

I don't really care about that. What I know is that they are dead, and they cannot kill any longer. I did not want Dany to be their victim. Also, because of this incident, I finally managed to get to know the people who are helping me take care of the annoyance that tries to threaten me when I do the healing in the slum.

I cannot call it a slum anymore because of how clean it was. I went just a little bit overboard two days ago when I decided to clean the area using Prestidigitation. I used that cantrip so much that I got a level up.

Before, Prestidigitation only affected a small area, but now I can affect a twenty cubic feet area. With this new range, I decided to clean the area and make Ragman Town one of the cleanest places in Braavos.

I, of course, need to tell them to keep the street clean for several reasons. One of them is to keep them from disease, and when they hear that, they promise me to keep their house and street clean.

I also told them to boil their water before drinking it. The water here is not as populated as the one in my previous world, but I still did not trust them. Sadly, the price of wood in Braavos is relatively high, and because of that, they cannot boil their water all the time.

To compensate for this, I ask the stonemason to create a giant water pot and place them on top of a small formation. I carve a series of runs on the stone pot that let it heat the water inside it, and I make sure that the outer part of the pot is not hot so the other can easily take the water. Not only that, but I also make another series of runes that make sure only water can be put inside. Anything other than water will be thrown out before it could touch the inside.

From what I hear, a group of women will fill the massive pot with water and divide it with the others. When the pot is empty, they will refill it.

While I cannot create modern hygiene, I can lay a foundation for it. I did not want Dany to grow up in a place where taking a shit in the alley was considered common. I want her to grow up into a clean person.

Wait, now I think about it, I can create a business with this. I can create a bathhouse! I can create a runestone that conjures hot water out of thin air. I also can create another run formation that makes sure the water is always sterile.

As for the soap, I can make them. With my Chef's side job, I can make them easily. While making soap is not in my side job description, it can do that. I can make a fragrant soap that can really clean our bodies and hair.

I have been using that for Dany and myself.

Yeah, that is a good idea. I hear there is a house being sold at the edge of Ragman Town near the sea. I can throw away the used water out to the ocean every time I close up.

"What kind of idea do you have, my prince?"

I snap from my thought and see Ser Willem looking at me with a kind smile.

"Hmmm? What do you mean?"

"You cannot hide, my prince. You have this smile that shows that you have a great idea. I know you long enough to notice it. So, what is it?"

"I have an idea to open a bathhouse."

"A bathhouse? How? This place is not big enough to make it happen."

"Someone is selling a house on the edge of Ragman Town. I want to buy it with the money I have."

"The money from the bakery and the donation from the people?"

"Yes."

My bread business is booming and generates a large amount of money. I can sell them by the thousands every day with how tasty my bread is. Sadly, I need to wake up even earlier than before because of how successful my bread is.

I wake before the sun even rises and start baking. Sometimes Dany will awake at this hour, and she will accompany me by making a mess around the kitchen.

"Hmmmm, I guess I can ask for the price for you, my prince."

"Really? Thank you. I will leave it in your hand, ser Willem."

"You don't need to thank me, my prince. It is my duty to make sure his prince has what he wants."

"And I keep telling you that I'm no longer a prince or even a member of royalty."

I could see him smiling at my answer but did not say anything. Haaa. I know that he will continue to call me by my former title. I snap from my thoughts when I hear a cry coming from Dany's room; I quickly get inside her room and pick her up.

When I picked her up, she stopped crying and gave me a bright smile.

"Vy! Vy!"

"Hello, Dany. Have you had a good nap?"

"Gau! Ga!"

I smile a little and kiss her on her forehead before taking her to the kitchen. I'm not used to killing people, but if it was to protect the people I love? I will do it. She is the only family member I have in this world. I will not let anyone kill her.

8