Chapter 19
136 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look out the window and smile a little. This island is starting to grow, and I have already heard from Ser Willem that people are beginning to change the island's name. With all the people healthy and strong, the name of the island needs to change.

The people tell me to name the island because I'm the island's saviour. After thinking about it for a day, I decided to call this island Lunaria.

The reason? The river that flows from the north to the south reflects the moon really well, and I decided to name this island that. I called this island because I saw a beautiful reflection of the moon on the river.

Lunaria continue to grow, and since the time I arrived on this island about a year ago, I have continued to make sure this island can survive on its own, and I am successful in this endeavour. Hell, we even have a merchant that is willing to buy our goods from the Summer Isle.

Because of their past, the people will not go north as they are afraid they will be noticed by Lyseni and get enslaved once again. Here, the brand on their body is changed into something that makes me grimace a little.

Their upward Halfmoon brand on their body changed into a symbol of dragon roaring. Without me having any say in this, it becomes my house symbol even though I already have one.

Anyway, the first time a merchant came here, I was playing with Dany inside the house. They said something about how they did not understand what they were saying. I don't know why they come here as if I know a foreign language.

However, to my surprise, I understand all of it. That was the moment I knew that I had a gift of language given to me by whoever threw me into this world.

Anyway, long story short, the people from Summer Isle want to see what kind of thing we have. Sadly for them, we did not have much, but for some reason, they really wanted to buy our rice, even though we bought the rice from them.

I guess using magic on the rice makes them more delicious. I'm not really a rice eater in this life and in my past life. I don't know what kind of rice is delicious or which rice is not. Anyway, they buy a large amount of rice from us.

They give us gold, jewels and books, the last one is my request. I want to read some books and teach Dany some words when she is old enough.

Other than rice, they also bought some fruit and vegetables for their journey. After seeing that the people of Summer Isle wanted to buy our rice, I asked some people if they wanted to become a merchant, and some of them agreed because they were former merchants.

With the help of another former sailor, they started their journey and went to Summer Isle. From there, it was a loop.

From what Ser Willem told me, the summer Islanders like us are a people who hate slavery, and when they see me free the enslaved person from their shackle, they see us as righteous people.

"My lord! My lord!"

I snap from my thoughts when I hear someone shouting behind the door.

"Get in"

After I said that, a young boy burst into my room while panting.

"My lord… My lord…"

"Breathe slowly and tell what happened."

"Another batch of slaves arrive, my lord."

"I see."

Another slave, huh? All of the slave in here is coming from Lys. If they are being sent here, that means they are a defective 'product' and need to be discarded.

"Tell the Dove Keeper to prepare some doves for me. I will go there immediately. Expect my arrival tomorrow morning."

"Of course, my lord."

Dove Keeper is a position that I created for the people who take care of the dove. Because only a few ravens were living in this place, I decided to use a dove that is plentiful on this island.

With the right training and care, we manage to make our own bird network.

"Now… I need to prepare."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

The new slave looks around in confusion. They expect that they will live with people like them. The people who lose their limbs, the people who are disfigured from the torture they endure and the people who already lose hope.

However, what they see and experience is totally different from what they thought it would be.

The people that greet them are clean people. They did not have any injury, lost a limb or even slave marks. There is a mark on their body, but they soon learn that those marks symbolise freedom after talking to these people.

It was a symbol of a roaring dragon that was ready to fly to the sky. The mark of a great beast that is free to roam the world.

"Mama, can we truly have a new life in this place?"

A single mother smiles at her daughter, half of her body is dead, stiff and flaky, just like a scale that has grey colour. Both she and her daughter have this disease. This is the reason why she and her daughter arrived on this island.

They are enslaved people who are soon to be traded in Lys, but when the slave trader sees them have Greyscale, the slave trader discards them.

"I don't know, dear. I don't know."

"But! The other said that our curse could be lifted! We can be beautiful just like them."

The mother can only smile at her daughter's optimism. She has heard the tale of the lord and healer of this island that can bring miracles with a touch of his hand, but she has already lost too much hope to have another one.

Her only hope is that they can live here and not starve to death. She is even willing to work every day in the field if this lord commands her. As long as they are given food, she is willing to work until she is dead.

"The lord is here!"

The mother and daughter snap from their thoughts when they hear a cheer coming from the people on the outside. Both of them walk outside and see a handsome young man with silver hair and beautiful lilac eyes.

Even Viserys is not even reaching the age of ten; he looks like ten years old in height. He looks like a young boy who is almost reaching his Age of Adulthood.

However, what makes the mother surprised is the kindness that Viserys showed to the people who greeted him. He did not shout at the smallfolk that touched him, he did not push them to come at him, and he did not kill them for trying to give him a handshake.

She is coming from Westeros, and she sees many lords did not want the smallfolk to get too close to them. He still remembers a boy being killed for getting too close to the lord. However, Viserys is different. He lets the smallfolk come at him. He waves at them and even shakes their hands.

After a few minutes of greeting, Viserys is finally able to heal the new people coming to the island, and it is for the first time in a long time that she sees hope.

7