Chapter 42
127 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

It has been three years since the last war, and Lunaria is prospering under the leadership of Viserys Targaryen. The population grows quickly and happily. Food is in abundance, they have a lot of work to do, and more importantly, they are free.

Lunaria became the place where every enslaved people would be given their freedom. As long as they arrive in this place, they will become free men.

In the past three years, at least three thousand people have arrived in Lunaria from the other Free Cities to be free men. This new population is placed on the northern island, where Viserys ordered a new settlement to be built on that island.

Lunaria has three islands: northern, central, and southern. Each island has a vital role for the entire kingdom.

The southern island is where most timber and wheat come from. This place is where most food-related exports come from. The primary products are rice, wheat, and flour, but recently Lunaria exports sugar, and the sugar beet has been planted on this island.

The northern island is where building materials and other metals come from. Because of the rocky and mountainous terrain, this place is the source of Lunaria construction material and other things.

Central Island is where paper, glass, and alcohol production comes from. This island has its own food production but is not as big as the southern island. It has its own mountain filled with gold and iron but not as much as the mountain on the northern island.

By order of Viserys, one forest is being created for every paper company on this island. Viserys called this a managed forest. For every tree chopped down for paper production needs, at least two trees are being planted.

At first, not many people understood why Viserys made a law about this, but people understood why after explaining it to the public. The paper needs wood, wood comes from trees, and if all trees have been chopped down, the company will suffer, and the kingdom will suffer as well with the company suffering.

This forest is used for paper production, but it can also be used as an emergency wood source in wartime.

This island is also filled with bathhouses. With many magicians trained by Viserys and serving under him, many rune stones are lying around. While training his men in mystic art, his first lesson is the runic magic.

The most basic one is a heating runestone and a water conjuration runestone. Viserys told his students to make this runestone every day as basic training, and because of this, there are a thousand of them.

Seeing this, Viserys decided to sell them to another country.

Because of this, Braavos built a hundred bathhouses for the public to use.

For this reason, sick people drastically dropped in the past year, and the Magister of Braavos noticed this as well. Because of this reason, they want to ask Viserys to train a magician from their city.

For now, Viserys rejects their request, but he promises them that he will build a school for magicians in his kingdom.

Speaking of schools, Viserys also built one for the common folk. The student will learn how to read, count, and clean hygiene. The last one is because Viserys remembers the situation in King's Landing.

He wants the next generation to think about clean hygiene. He wants them to take a bath at least two times a day and not once every week. He wants them to not shit on the street, and he wants them to know that drinking uncooked water will cause disease.

While he cannot make his kingdom a modern-day place, he wants to introduce the basics.

The other school is a Medical School. This place is where a soon-to-be healer learns about medicine and healing every day. The teacher is Viserys' student who just graduated last year. Other than experimenting, they also need to teach the people who have mana inside their bodies how to heal and create a potion.

The magic coreless people who want to study will be given a book on medicine, and after they learn the basics, they will be taken under the wing of the healer to learn how to make medicine and some potion that does not require magic to create.

Because of this, many healers are running around the kingdom, healing many people. Viserys also get some requests from other places to heal their people. From the nearest city Pentos to the furthest city, Lorath, he receives a request to send some of his healers to their city to heal their people.

Of course, Viserys agrees to send some of his healers. He needs an ally, and sending his healer to the said city in exchange for an alliance is something he needs.

Bakir tells him that Lunaria needs an ally to ensure the other will not attack them. They are still a young kingdom, and they need the prestige of the other city to protect them from the others.

Pentos, Braavos, and Lorath become Lunaria allies. Each of them decides to give some gift to Lunaria. Lorath gives him a bundle of velvet silk, Braavos gives him three ships, and Pentos gives him what looks like three stones.

Out of the three gifts, the stone-looking one is the most interesting in Viserys' opinion. The magister that gave him the stone says that the three stones are, in fact, a dragon's eggs. They said they did not know how to hatch the egg and thought that Viserys knew how to do it.

Sadly, Viserys did not know how to hatch the egg.

Currently, he is looking at the eggs with an intense stare. He has been experimenting for seven days, but all of them resulted in nothing. The egg did not even move or change color.

"Hmmm, feeding them my mana gives them a little bit of life. I can feel my mana stuck inside the egg and even grow slowly. However, it was too slow. Hmmm, should I feed them a large amount at the same time? I only do it slowly but what if I feed it a large amount at the same time?"

Viserys nods his head and takes out the eggs in the courtyard. He needs some space to do it.

When he arrived in the middle of the garden, he placed the three eggs on the ground and took a deep breath. He places his hand above the eggs and releases a large amount of mana. The passenger can see the area around Viserys start to change.

A small tornado appears around him from a large amount of mana released. A pillar of mana can be seen in the middle of the garden. It lasts for a few minutes before the pillar disappears, and Viserys sits on the ground with a pale face.

However, instead of a tired expression, he has a smile on his face.

"You eat all of mana, you bastard. I hope this is worth it because it hurt like hell."

After saying that, he fell to the ground, unconscious. The people who are seeing him fall start to scream and run toward him, and it is not only the human running toward him. Three lizard-like creatures also run toward him.

Viserys manage to hatch the eggs.

6