Chapter 17
467 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally the time for the banquet came, and Itachi who was in a hotel room, finally decided to make his move. During the time he was waiting for the date of the banquet, he cultivated while refining his body with the  energy.

Itachi felt that if he continued using the profound energy to refine his body, he would get great improvements. But the problem was that the expenditure of profound energy to refine his body was enormous, as he used the profound energy to cause damage to his body while using it to heal it.

A process that people considered tortuous and useless. He even thought that refining the body this way was useless, but after insisting for some time he began to see results, and decided that he would use this refining method until he found something better.

...

The heart of the New Moon Profound Palace was a completely large and sparse emerald green bamboo forest, and in it was a large palace that emitted a dignified atmosphere. This was the largest and most extravagant building in the entire New Moon Profound Palace; its name was quite straightforward and known as the 'Main Palace'. All important matters within the Palace were conducted in the Main Palace: and the banquet for the Appointment of the New Palace Chief, would also be conducted here.

When Itachi walked into the Main Palace, there was not much time left until the banquet began. However, not even a fifth of the seats were filled, not only that, most of them currently had people from the Profound Department itself. It was obviously not because those invited sects couldn't arrive early, but instead they purposely did this not to arrive early, as an ostentation of their status.

At the same time, this was also a kind of contempt against the New Moon New Profound Palace.

"It seems that things are not easy for Sikong Han..." Itachi thought.

With these thoughts Itachi moved to the farthest corner of the banquet, this was because he intended to just watch the banquet, so staying in a part that was not seen was the best option for him, since this way he could avoid being interpreted by other people.

The place where he was was only visible to those who entered the palace to attend the banquet, and Itachi felt that people would not pay attention to this place.

While waiting for people to arrive at the banquet, he spotted Yun Che and Xia Yuanba. They both entered the banquet together, but they couldn't walk for a long time because a person had interrupted them in their stride.

"Every time he showed up something happens..." Itachi thought.

He realized that every time Yun Che appeared somewhere something would happen, especially something bad with Yun Che himself. Itachi was even wondering if Yun Che had some kind of curse on him.

With these thoughts he began to listen to Yun Che's conversation with the young man who interrupted him, and Itachi didn't need many words to come to a conclusion.

"They are fighting over a girl..."

Moreover from the conversation of the two, Itachi realized that Yun Che also met Sikong Han and not only that, he managed to become a disciple in the new moon palace.

Itachi also saw that Sikong Han had called Yun Che and Xia Yuanba to sit with him. Looking at the seats next to Sikong Han. Itachi nodded his head.

"Looks like he has the same thoughts as me..." He realized that Sikong Han was also not a person who liked to attract attention and for that reason had sat in seats at the back of the palace. But it was a pity that Xia Yuanba's figure stood out from the rest, making his plan not as effective.

After a few more minutes other people and sects began to arrive, and among the people who arrived was a girl.

The girl was beautiful enough to make many a man's heart flutter, her pair of beautiful eyes sparkling with water-smooth looks didn't seem to contain the slightest hint of arrogance. She also exudes a noble and graceful aura that added to her charm.

This girl also had a slight smile that graced her lips, but you could see that this smile seemed a bit forced, because there were two young men next to her chatting happily.

These two young men didn't seem to realize that they were bothering the girl, or maybe they didn't care if they bothered her.

Looking at this scene Itachi shook his head. He realized that these two young men had an arrogance rooted in their bones, which showed that their lives had been 'good' and most likely they had been protected all their lives and never experienced bitterness.

The girl's name is Lan Xueruo or Cang Yue if you prefer. She is the daughter of the Blue Wind Empire who sent her to this palace in search of talent to recruit. Even though she had come here, she hadn't met any person who was satisfied so far.

The only person who had caught her attention so far was a boy named Yun Che, but she still felt that she needed to test Yun Che a little more before she could make her decision.

And while she was thinking about these things, she felt a kind of strange feeling welling up in her consciousness, this feeling was telling her to look at the farthest surroundings of the main stage. So without much hesitation she started to look around, and at a certain point away from the main stage she saw a man standing there watching everything.

The man she saw appeared to be 16 years old, 1.75 centimeters tall, with a strong but lean and flexible body. He has long black hair that was pulled back with a red elastic into a short ponytail that extended down to his shoulder blades. He also counts a beautiful pair of onyx eyes.

His clothes were something she had never seen in her entire life. He wore a set of gray clothes that matched perfectly, and his fingernails and toenails were painted purple. He also had a necklace around his neck that only accentuated his beauty even more.

But what attracted Cang Yue's attention the most was the man's eyes, because they were so unique and his gaze showed unlimited wisdom.

A shock flowed through her whole body, she began to feel her heart beating faster than ever, and time around her seemed to slow down as she continued to stare at the man.

A beautiful young woman had just fallen in love with a mysterious young man. But even this young woman didn't know if what she felt was passion or just curiosity about the young man. She was even thinking about walking up to the young man and talking to him, but in the end she chose not to do that, at least not in the middle of the banquet.

The two men noticed that the young woman next to them was acting strange, and when they followed her gaze, they realized that she was looking at a man in strange clothes. But even they had to admit, the young man the girl was looking at was indeed handsome.

But how could two young masters like them let the attention of the girl they like be taken by someone random? They decided that when the banquet started they would deal with this young man who dared to draw the attention of the girl they targeted.

The first young man who was targeting Itachi. It was Xiao Luocheng and the second young man was precisely one of his minions who had fallen in love with Lan Xueruo, but of course he would never say that to Xiao Luocheng otherwise he will be killed by the same.

Yun Che who was sitting at a distance also noticed Lan Xueruo but he too chose not to go to her. He felt that he could talk to her after the banquet was over.

Itachi didn't expect someone to stare at him so intensely and when he looked at who was staring at him he just shook his head as he walked away from where he was, he didn't intend to get into trouble in this place. Besides he realized with just a single glance that this girl who was staring at him had many secrets. Especially when he realized that she was hiding her cultivation.

20