Chapter 18
542 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After moving away from where he was previously, Itachi sat down in a random chair and began to observe the people around him more seriously.

He realized that the girl who was watching him earlier was looking for him, so he decided to act even more sneaky.

At this moment, the main actor of the event, the newly appointed Head of the New Moon New Profound Palace, Qin Wuyou, finally arrived. Qin Wuyou appeared to be around sixty years old; his face had a gentle and calm expression, and a profound wisdom could be seen in his clear eyes. He emitted an extraordinary aura. Qin Wuyou was originally one of the elders of the Imperial Capital's Profound Palace; he was specially appointed as the Chief of the New Moon Profound Palace, and his true strength was profound and immeasurable.

After Qin Wuyou's appearance. Itachi saw the people from the great sects appear as if they had been waiting for this moment.

Suddenly some sects began to appear and introduce themselves, as if to show that their status was superior to that of the New Moon Palace. Which only made the atmosphere awkward especially for the New Moon Palace disciples.

"If they knew that they are not even considered ants in the Realm of the Gods what would they do?" Itachi thought.

Ever since he received the memories of the first soul he absorbed, he was able to remain much more stable and calm, as if nothing could shake him. Besides his standards could no longer be considered of this world. But Itachi knew that at the moment it was impossible for him to step into the Realm of the Gods, don't even mention his current cultivation, even if he was an expert of the Divine Origin Realm he would still be considered weak in the Realm of the Gods.

Qin Wuyou saw that all the guests had finally arrived so he decided that it was time for the banquet to begin. Returning to his seat, he held a glass of wine in his hands and announced in a clear voice, "Only because of this Qin's appointment, our esteemed guests have taken time out of their busy schedules to grace this Qin with their presences, this Qin is truly fortunate and grateful."

He began to thank the people who attended his banquet, but did not stoop so low as to lose face to the New Moon Palace.

After saying nice words, Qin Wuyou finally came to the end of his speech, which was the main purpose of this banquet.

"Today we have many talented young people who are eager to exchange hands, but first I will have to explain the rules..." He said calmly.

"First, do not kill anyone, we are only here to exchange hands and gain experience and not to kill other people. Once the young man is incapacitated or loses consciousness then it is your victory." Qin Wuyou said in a steady manner.

"All the young talents from all the sects in New Moon City are here, so I hope it will be a fun feast and that their pointer exchanges can help them cultivate even further forward." That last line of his was just to make sure that the young people didn't kill each other at the time of the fight, otherwise he will have huge problems.

The young talents who were attending the banquet, right now were excited to show off their strengths to their sect, plus there were many beautiful girls here so it's normal that these young people want to show off a little.

Especially Xiao Luocheng and Yun Che, both wanted to get the attention of the same girl.

Yun Che wanted to get Cang Yue's attention because he felt that she could help him on his journey, moreover he felt a sort of connection with her, as if something good would happen should he manage to reunite with her. Xiao Luocheng, on the other hand, had only lustful desires for Cang Yue.

Xiao Luocheng also noticed Yun Che's glances towards Cang Yue but he decided to take care of this commoner later, as right now he just wanted to observe the fights before he could make his appearance.

Yun Che didn't wait too long and soon took the stage to challenge one of the talents from another sect. Since he seemed to have some problems with the Burning Heart branch, he challenged a young man with decent cultivation.

He faced his opponent who showed a mocking smile as he was invited to exchange hands.

"A commoner like you, with the cultivation of the Profound Elemental Realm, dares to challenge me? That is laughable. You will be lucky not to die on my hands today." The young man said in an arrogant manner as he stared at Yun Che with a disgusted expression.

This young man knew that he would be challenged at some point, but he never thought that a mere cultivator from the Profound Elementary Realm would dare to issue such a challenge to himself who had cultivation at the level 6 Nascent Profound Realm.

Yun Che said nothing and just waited for the young man to come up on stage, and once they were both on opposite sides on stage the battle began.

"Since you are only a Profound Elementary Realm cultivator, I will give you the chance to attack me first. If you can make me move a single step I will consider your victory." The young man didn't miss the chance to brag and at the same time look at Yun Che as if an expert was guiding an ordinary human.

Seeing that he was being underestimated Yun Che became a bit angry, so without much ado he said, "Since senior said for me to attack first, then I won't stand on ceremony."

Yun Che then assumed a closed Tai Chi pose, a technique unknown in this world, causing the eyebrows of the people watching the battle to frown.

"What is he doing?" Sikong Han asked Xia Yuanba who was standing beside him looking intently at Yun Che.

"I don't know either, in fact Brother Yun looks different from all the times I've met him before." Xia Yuanba said in a confused tone.

Itachi who was watching the battle, also found Yun Che's pose strange, so with a bit of curiosity he activated his Sharingan to observe the way the profound energy was running through his body.

Looking at Yun Che's body through his Sharingan, Itachi noticed that his profound energy seemed to flow steadily and quickly in this position. In addition the profound energy seemed to concentrate in his fists that were at his waist.

"So it's like this..." Itachi muttered as he closed his eyes already predicting the outcome of the battle.

And just as Itachi had predicted after 2 seconds in this strange position Yun Che attacked the arrogant young man, and without much suspense he sent him flying out of the battle arena. But the most surprising thing was that the young man sent flying didn't seem to have any injuries on the surface, but if they looked inside his body they could see dozens of internal injuries.

Yun Che delivered a strong blow to the young man's stomach, and the blow was so precise that it left no external wounds and only internal wounds were left on the young man's body. This young man would likely take weeks or even months to heal.

"Sigh!" Yun Che let out a sigh as he retreated from the stage, ignoring the hateful looks he was receiving from the people who belonged to the same branch as the young man.

All the other sects were shocked by this situation, one must know that Yun Che is only at the Level 1 Elementary Profound Realm, but he easily defeated a Nascent Profound Realm cultivator, and not only that but the cultivator he defeated has serious injuries.

Many sects intended to recruit this promising young man, but seeing that he already belonged to the New Moon Palace, the smile on their faces disappeared and now they only thought of ways to cut this young man off from his branch before he blossomed.

If these sects couldn't have a genius like Yun Che then neither could other sects, this was the thoughts they were having at the moment.

Itachi who realized the thoughts of these people just shook his head.

"It seems that he is really cursed, since no matter what he does he always ends up with trouble for him or those around him."

Those were Itachi's sincere thoughts at the moment. He felt that it was a good decision not to get too close to someone like Yun Che who was running around everywhere causing trouble.

19