Prologue-2-(4years old)New bonds, a master and a servant
135 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
4 year later 

Inside an grand Manor that can be easily be identified as being residence of an noble. There, it can be seen in an very modest and well designed room, with various bookshelves and a large window with a desk at the center. This room is the lords office, where all important documents await to be evaluated and signed.

Seated in the office is a woman meticulously evaluating and signing various documents in an very efficient rythm, but suddenly she is taken out of her trance with a few nocks at the door.  

Alicia-P.O.V 

She would be lying if she said she wasn't tempted to put the paperwork aside and go spend time with her son, but as an countess, in the absence of her husband, the running of the territory becomes her responsibility and to such a newly stabilised territory, such matters cannot be postponed.

Still, just when she was thinking of how 3 hours of signing documents was wearing her down, not to mention that as of lately she has been constantly worried about some matters, just then she heard knocks on the door signaling a much needed break, so she allowed who was behind the door to enter.

"Excuse me, milady has already been inside the office for a long time, so I brought you some tea so you can enjoy your break." The houses head butler Jonathan enters the room carrying a tray with a cup and skillfully pours some tea while she stretches her body and massages her aching shoulders.

"Thanks I really needed that. By the way, have any news about when my husband will come back been recieved?" She asks with a bit of concern before taking a sip of her tea.

"Yes! It say that the pirate hunting operation was a resounding success, the trade routes have become much safer and after gathering all the spoils, they have even turned a profit! The Lord is on his way back and left the cleaning up of the rest to sir Leon." The old butler says a bit enthusiastically, meanwhile her worries can be finally put to rest.

The territory that is governed by the vonGraad household is situated in the Frontier of the imperial domain, as such there is a constant problem with pirates and they need to be dealt with before they start to gain momentum in order to avoid future complications.

Augustus has left the territory for about 2 months to lead the periodical clearing of pirates near the most important trade routes along with his retainer Leon as he aways does on a regular basis, meanwhile she has been left to take care of the territory.

'Considering his military background, wishing for him to stay put and leave the supervision of the territory to his knights would be wishful thinking. 'She bitterly thinks while reminding herself to give him a good scolding when he returns.

Her husband wasn't born a noble, in fact he came from a poor family with lots of siblings in an Frontier world, he used to do various jobs to help with the house income, until the day he came of age then he immediately inlisted in the army dreaming of a better future for himself.

And to everybody's surprise, the bumpkin who everyone expected to die in the front lines ended up thriving in the battlefield and with his leading capabilities and charisma managed to get promotions in an unheard of speed quickly becoming an model to all other commoners and a hero to the soldiers he led.

Meanwhile she is the second daughter of an marquis that was sheltered and groomed to fulfill her duty as an noble daughter and get a good marriage to contribute to her family, when she heard of her arranged marriage in an act of rebellion she ran away from home in order to find true love.

It was then that the two met: the noble women running away from her fate and a hero that was fighting to try and change his.

'Now that I think about it our relationship stated exactly like one of those fairy tales I read when I was young' She realized after reminiscing of the past.

Eventually she uses the opportunity to also asks about the second person who is causing her a lot of worry:

"Can you also inform me what my son is currently doing? I have been working non stop and had spent barely any time with him." She says feeling a bit guilty since with his father away and she locked in the office, he has to spend the majority of the day completely alone.

"The young lord has spent a majority of its day either in the library or taking strolls around the perimeter of the mansion." He informs her without any hesitation. 

She tiredly sights after hearing that Alabaster haven't changed his habits in the slightest. He was aways a very smart and quiet boy, with a great fascination for books even before he could read them, but he is also not very keen to talk with strangers and rarely leaves the premise of the mansion with the exception of when his father takes him to explore the territory and so the two can spend some time with each other.

He was a prodigy without a doubt, he started walking with 6 months, could speak with 8 and is already reading books that are meant for much older children, but that also made hard for him to relate with other children .

But she has already made arrangements that might change that.

"Hopefully our new hire will be able to keep him company and help him breaking out of his shell. Besides I will be able to rest easy knowing that there is someone aways close to take care of him." She says with confidence that her plan will bear fruits.

"We'll have to see how he reacts to the news." Jonathan says while showing some curiosity of how this will play out.

Alabaster-P.O.V

Not far from the mansion, there is a hill that overlooks the territory with a single large tree, in the shade could be seen a child lying on the grass while reading a book.

The child had straight black hair that reached his neck and was wearing simple and comfortable clothes, that is the little heir of the von Graad household: Alabaster von Graad, who has grown bored of the book he was reading so he decided to put it aside and just admire the scenery.

With the book out of the way it can be seen his deep black eyes that show an astonishing amount of intelligence and at the same time boredom. 

"Dad has already taken me to tour trough most of the planets that consists our territory, but there is something about Arcadia that just makes me sometimes have the urge to  stop and admire the scenery." The child says with very complicated expression as it remembers all his father has told him about the territory.

Arcadia is a average sized planet with an tropical and in some places arid climate, an full day and night cycle lasts 36 hours and is the heart of the von Graad territory being at the center of the territory and acting as an hub that all other affiliated territories use for trade and the administration of the territory.

The territory is situated in an part of the galaxy called: 'the southern leviathan cluster' that is a newly colonized territory at the edges of the Imperial controlled territories, in Which is situated various lesser lords that are competing for the rich resources present.

The territory of the von Graad is very small compared to its competitors as it started as an barony with less than half a dozen stars, but in 5 years the area has tripled and Augustus was rewarded for his contributions in exploring the territory with the title of an count.

Alabaster than takes a second glance at the book he was just reading whose title is: 'introduction to xenobiology' Which is a book that no children of his age would be reading, but at this point no children's book can entertain him.

The fact is that he is a genius. Showing abnormal learning and memorizing skills and with an temperament much more mature than his peers, and because of that he started to read books much more advanced than typical children stories and even then it's not enough to deal with his boredom.

With nothing better to do he decides to return home, even though he will have to endure his mother nagging him for only reading books and not spending time doing 'children activities' or making friends his age.

But he simply can't deal with children his age due to being more mature than any of them and not wanting to spend his time playing their games. 

On his way back he encounters the head butler Jonathan who seemed to be waiting for his return, curious of what is the matter.

Jonathan has aways taken care of him whenever his parents were occupied while his other caretaker Leon would aways share stories of when the three of them were in the military and promised that when i was old enough, he would take me to go hunting.

He greeted him while trying to guess why he was looking for him, despite being so busy after his father's departure.  

"Hello uncle John, why we're you waiting for me?" He says casually since he took care of him since his birth despite his various other responsibilities, because of it he started treating him as if he were an uncle.

"Young lord, madam tasked me to inform you to take an shower and prepare to meet someone she wishes to introduce to you" He says while showing an expression that told that he had more information but he wasn't going to share it 

He wasn't very eager to meet whoever his mother had arranged but he didn't show any dissatisfaction since he knew that opposing his mother's wishes would be an fruitless endeavor and he didn't want to deal with any more nagging than he had to.

He knows that although she says it's for his own good, the real reason she drags him to those parties is to show of her prodigious son to all other noblewomen and watch as they stare at him jealously as they compare him to their own lackluster children.  

'I'm tired of being forced to spend time with snotty and spoiled noble children, there isn't anyone my age that I can hold a proper conversation among the neighboring territories' He thinks while keeping his expectations low and just wanting to greet this person his mother brought and get it over with.

After being washed and tidied by the maids, he was told to wait in his room for his mother to bring the guest so he can introduce himself 

After just a minute, footsteps were heard outside the room and he readied himself to meet this person.

"Al, I brought someone for you to meet" He heard his mother say while entering his room, using his nickname since his and most noble names are too long so it is common to make it shorter. 

But he was left confused as when the door was opened the only person he saw was the familiar silhouette of his mother.

Seeing his confusion she started looking around, and noticed that the person in question was not in his line sight. 

"Come on~, no need to be shy~, come out and introduce yourself, I promise he won't bite~." She says urging someone who is apparently behind her as if trying to coerce a very uncooperative cat.

"G-Greetings lord!, m-my name is Beatrice and I'll be in your care!" The guest finally shows himself to be a girl, she is a bit older and taller than him with dark brown hair wich covers one of her eyes with one of it's bangs and amber eyes , her currently expression is that of an trapped animal that would rather be anywhere other than here.

"Hello Beatrice, my name is Alabaster, it is pleasure to meet you." After a quick evaluation he also proceeds with his own greeting albeit a much more casual one to try and put her at ease.

 Feeling that the conversation probably won't continue, Alicia finally starts explaining who the child that was brought is.

"As you are aware, me and your father are worried about your lack of social interaction, so we decided to assign a personal attendant to you. She will not only keep you company but in the future she will act as an secretary and even a bodyguard."

Hearing his mother's plans for a girl that can't even meet his eyes, he can't help but show an expression of doubt, but she tries to assure him by promoting her good points, almost like an car seller trying to sell a very suspicious car.

"Don't worry, I guarantee you two will get along just fine, Beatrice is very smart and does her training diligently. In a few years she will become an very competent attendant and will be very helpful when you start managing the territory."

He was about to retort but when he starts evaluating her again Which leaves the girl in question very uncomfortable, he has an sudden epiphany, but before enything he needs to test his theory.

"Is that so? Then I will be in your care in the future Beatrice, I hope we get along well! " He says in an excited tone doing a complete 180° from his previous attitude and when he sees the blush on her face his previous theory is proven right.

'She is just like dad! Looks like she is someone who is very easy to tease.' Growing up with his parents he has witnessed various times his father being embarrassed by his mother and right now he has found the perfect opportunity to do the same. 

'Well, she will certainly be of help to me. Now I have something very entertaining to do whenever I'm feeling bored!' He thinks while letting slip a very sinister smile.

Beatrice while witnessing his change in expression, is now feeling that she is now at the mercy of her new master, her instincts tell her that she made a grave mistake and now is going to have very arduous days ahead of her.

Meanwhile Alicia who recognizes his expression can only look at the poor girl with a gaze of pity, while internally feeling very satisfied that he inherited this from her.

 'From now on my days are bound to become much more exciting' He thinks while already coming with many ways he can tease her.

The prologue of this novel will have many time skips until the mc reaches 16 years old, that's when the story will really start, but if this rushed intro isn't liked I can extend the prologue and delve deeper into his infancy. 

4