Prologue-18-The hunt comences
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The veil of anonymity he was using so far is now completely broken. And in this situation all he can do is continue onwards and eliminate all his targets as quickly as possible.

In regards to his enemies, they can do one of two things in response to the situation. 

1-hunker down and wait for him to come to them.

2-group up and hunt him down starting from where they heard sounds of gunfire.

But if you take into consideration that they know that he climbed thought the stairs due to them not hearing the elevator arriving meaning that he is already past most of their traps and the fact that he is even on this floor means that he killed his way trough the lower floors, that on top of their defensive programing means that the 1st option will be much more attractive for them.

So, without any more time wasted he sprinted towards the nearest location he previously heard a enemy, he wasn't doing it slowly and methodically like before since there was no point in trying to conceal his approach now that the enemies were on high alert.

Reaching the door to the first room were he heard militiamen, he without any hesitation shot the handle and kicked it open for a quick breach of the room. The enemy was taken by surprise due to the fast and relentless action and was incapable to react as Alabaster opened fire and with two clean shots to the chest the enemy was disposed of.

Alabaster quickly exchanged the battery of his pistol that was already almost depleted for a new one and continued with the clearing of the floor.

Reaching the next room, he moved ahead to repeat the same process but he stopped as he saw that the door was slightly opened, feeling a bit suspicious and his instincts telling him that something was wrong compelled him to slowly push open the door, then suddenly he heard a sound.

*cling*...

This is a sound that he was already conditioned to respond to, a sound which when heard in the middle of a battle can mean only one thing.

"Dammit!" Alabaster instinctively ducked away from the doorway hurling his body to the side, the sound that he heard was undoubtedly that of the pin being pulled from a grenade.

And true enough, a few seconds after the sound of the pin being pulled came an explosion from within the room which shook the building and tore the door from its hinges and launched it forwards, thankfully he ducked to the side otherwise he would have been splattered on the corridor wall.

But his peril hasn't ended just yet, as two enemies surged in from a nearby room in order to finish him off. Even lying on the ground and dazed, he was still capable of drawing his gun and opening fire at one of the attackers, hitting him on the stomach and incapacitating but not completely eliminating him. The second enemy on the other hand was able to open fire at him.

But even in the current situation, Alabaster didn't panic and did not try to get up, instead deciding to start side rolling on the ground in order to avoid the incoming fire. After safely reaching a secure position, he pulled himself back up and waited for a moment to get back his bearing and the buzzing in his ears to subside. Next he yanked off the face mask that was attached to his helmet, the glass visor had cracked due to the shockwave of the explosion and was now impairing his vision, not that it had much of an impact on the first place since a single shot in any olace would be enough to eliminate him anyways.

With the failure of the initial ambush and the death of his comrade, the fate of the remaining milítiamen was already sealed as Alabaster moved in to eliminate him as soon as he had recovered. Making use of his superior reflexes and his gun, he gave his opponent a few extra holes in his body as soon as he popped out of cover ending the firefight.

He then moved onwards and continue to make his way towards the three remaining enemies on the floor, while passing by the spot that his enemies had ambushed him from he fired one shot without even looking at the enemy that was still active but incapacitated on the ground, the enemie was harmless at this point but the objective of the simulation was very clear: the simulation would only end after all the enemies were eliminated, just neutralizing them wouldn't count.

In just a few minutes of traversing the floor and carefully avoinding any other traps that they have scattered around, he finally reached the last room which he would need to clear, the three remaining enemies have decided this time to group up and try to resist his assalt using of their superior number in conjunction with their defensive position.

He leaned at the wall just beside the door and carefully twisted the door knob but unsurprisingly, as soon as the enemies inside sensed movement they immediatly opened fire at the door's direction completely riddling the door and the surroundings with holes. Alabaster meanwhile had already ducked away from the door and escaped unharmed from the barrage. As soon as the enemies stopped firing to check for enemy movement outside, he immediately sprung into action and kicked open the door that was already in tatters after the barrage and dived inside the room, with his lazer pistol in hand he opend fire at the enemy managing to take out one of them whilst still midair and once he dropped to the floor he once again took aim and shot the second enemy directly on the heart killing him, the third enemy on the meantime didn't just stand motionless and continuosly fired upon Alabaster but due to his rapid and bold entrance that he wasn't expecting he was unable to land a shot so far.

But that changed as Alabaster was now on the ground and defenceless, but he didn't just go in without thinking as he already had a plan for getting out of this situation. From the start, he knew that no matter how good his reflexes were he would be unable to take all three of them out before they returned fire so when he was entering the room he put his mind to work in full throttle and surveyed the room while making his entrance, so he was able to spot a viable piece of cover which he leap towards for him to hide in once he hit the ground. 

Just like last time, Alabaster rolled sideways on the ground in order to get behind cover which was a sturdy metal table that was flipped sideways. His enemy was now expecting him to get out of cover and shoot him but he was stupefied when instead of Alabaster popping out of cover to shoot him he started to rush towards him while pushing the metal table in front of him. The militiamen was so surprised in fact that he forgot to shoot at him and just stared dumbly while he aproached.

The table itself was pretty heavy but to someone that has been training since he was 8 years old like Alabaster pushing it aound was a breeze. His enemy didn't have time to reboot and start firing as the table tackled rammed into him and continued forward until he was pinned between the table and the wall. To the militia warrior's credit, he still tried to resist and point his gun towards his attacker but Alabaster was quick to react and pinned the militia's hand to the wall rendering his gun useless, with the other hand Alabaster held his combat knife and stabbed it towards the opponent's neck. What came after was a lot of blood, gasps for air and flailing coming from the militiamen as he painfully gruntted while choking on his own blood.

Alabaster paid no mind to the brutal and overly realistic scene that took place right in front of him as he had already gotten accustomed to such scenes and they weren't capable of making him falter anymore.

"Siiiight..." Releasing a long sight that seemed to signal all his muscles that were until then tense to relax and his breathing became much more steady he looked around in satisfaction. He had finally cleared the building, and in a very quick and efficient way to boot so he can now finally complete the objective that he had entered this building on the first place for.

"If it were any other type of enemy I would had already completely cleared this building a long time ago, but these militia warriors have made me take all kinds of roundabout ways to clear the floors just in order to not fall for one of their ambushes, and that was with them barely having time to set their traps and survey the surroundings, the next buildings would be much worse." Alabaster quitely murmured whilst reminding himself that just now he cleared only a single building and there was plenty more that he needed to do in this stage.

[Search and destroy: eliminate all the hostiles]

[Timer: 01:35:42:97]

The entire time spent just for him to clear his first building was already more than 1 hour. He spent roughly 5 min after the message was sent to him in order to observe the surroundings and check his equipment, he spent 30 min making his way towards this building, he spent 5 min on the first floor, 10 min between climbing the elevator and crawling through the vents, 30 min clearing the 4th floor and finally 15 min to clear the last floor. 

Now being able to calmily search the building, he quickly made his way towards the stairs in wich were thankfully unblocked to ascend to the rooftop in order for him to be able to survey the cityscape and spot any possible militia hideouts.

Reaching the last floor, his attention was immediately drawn to a crate that was futuristic in design that stood in contrast to the cityscape that was older and far more archaic, that made the crate seem really out of place, but Alabaster was very pleased once he saw the crate and immediatly made his way towards it to open it.

After pressing a few buttons, the boxe's lid opened revealing the contents inside to be various trowable explosives such as grandes and flashbangs but they weren't plasma granades or EMP charges like Alabaster was acustomed to using but instead were the more simple and much less powerful versions of this items, such as fragmentation granades, that made Alabaster slightly disapointed but he still took them all since in the end of the day, a explosive is still a explosive and if he had those in his hand before entering the building his speed of clearing it would be much higher.

Inside the simulation scenario, this loot crates were the only way of acquiring new equipment since the enemies alongside all their gear would turn into particles and disperse a few seconds after they were killed. So exploring and trying to find this crates would provide someone with many benefits.

After putting away the acquired loot he made his way towards the edge of the rooftop and although the heavy storm was still going on outside which would severely reduce his visibility he still found it worth it to give it a try. He wasn't trying to spot his enemies to begin with since they would never be in open view, he just needed to narrow down a few spots where they were most like to be. 

Taking out the binoculars that he was given at the start of the scenario he started surveying the entire cityscape and in a few minutes he had already spotted a few places which would make for good hideouts. Unfortunately he didn't have a map of the city for him to orient himself being able to rely only on his memory, so it was a good thing that he had a very good memory and was able to build a mental map of the city so he wouldn't become lost.

With his next target buildings spotted and his route already decided he was ready to go out and start searching for militias.  Normally, any other enemy type would have a stronghold where they would be concentrated but now he is forced to play a game of cat and mouse.

But he wasn't feeling depressed or annoyed, by the contrary he was very excited right now since he would be able to stay in his favorite spot as the hunter while chasing his prey that was scattered throughout the city.

'Let the hunt begin!'  

        

0