Chapter 13: A Trip Out of the Country
501 9 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
TW: Transphobia, implied abuse, forced mental and physical changes

“So your kid really did this transgendered shit, huh?” Dan’s brother, Steve, asked.

“Yeah, it uh, it really crept up on us. I don’t know what happened, Diane was so on board with the plan, hell, she even suggested it, and then all of a sudden, Saturday night, she’s not with it anymore, starts referring to him by ‘Lydia’ and boom,” Dan replied.

“Well dontcha worry, little bro,” his other brother, Mike, said, “we’ll get him taken care of, all that liberal pussy shit out of that head.”

“Don’t tell me that wasn’t a comment you made on purpose, Mike,” Dan said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“What can I say, I’m a funny guy, yeah?” Mike said, bursting into laughter.

“Lucky you came to us so soon, the place is only about 45 minutes out from the farm,” Dan’s father, Paul, said, patting Dan on the shoulder as he drove, “and dontcha worry, once he’s on better behavior, I hear there’s plenty of places for him to go fishing, especially when you visit.”

“I just hope he doesn’t hate me after this,” Dan spoke, “the methods seem pretty harsh. I get they’re combatting satanic magic, but that stuff–”

“Bah, I did worse to you, based on what you told me they do,” Paul replied, taking a drag of his cigarette, “and you turned out just fine. His mother’s making him too soft, as women do.”

“Yeah, I mean, she told you you couldn’t have more kids, right? I’d have made her have ‘em anyways.” Mike said from the back.

“Actually,” Dan replied somberly, “the doc said she wasn’t able to anymore. We tried for years.”

“All the more reason to get this one back on track!” Steve shouted.

“Right, you’re off on this turn, yeah Dan?” Paul asked.

“Yeah, that’s right,” Dan replied, his voice now quieter. He didn’t like calling on his brothers and father for help for much of anything, though he never said that. He wasn’t so sure that his father was fully aware of the impact his childhood had had on him, but then again, the hardened farmer was unlikely to care.

“Holy f–” his father swore, veering into the ditch.

“What the fuck, dad?” Mike yelled from the back, “no deer is worth your damn truck.”

“That wasn’t a deer, some girl was down playing in the road, I saw it,” Paul yelled back.

“I didn’t see anything,” Mike replied, “you sure we don’t gotta put you in a home yet, old man?”

“Bah, you damned disrespectful kids,” Paul grumbled, “alright, boys, let’s get this truck out, yeah?”

Paul checked all directions, then began to rev his wheels, trying to get them out. Normally, had they just been stuck in a ditch in the truck, it wouldn’t have been a problem. As it happened, however, it was more than a ditch they were stuck in at that moment. A knock resounded on the passenger’s side back window, next to Mike.

“Holy fuck, dad,” he yelled, “looks like you were right, I–”

And as Paul turned around, Mike was gone. Vanished, into thin air. The door hadn’t even opened. All that remained were his clothes.

“Where the fuck did he go?” Paul yelled.

With that, his two sons turned around, bug-eyed, to see the absence of their brother.

“God damn it, I knew we shouldn’t have fucked with this witch, especially not at this hour,” Steve yelled, pulling his concealed carry out of his jean pocket, “if that bitch comes for me I’ll–”

And in front of their eyes, Steve vanished too, his gun dropping to the floor. Paul and Dan sat for a few seconds, letting the shock of the two disappearances sink in, before Paul turned around started slamming on the gas pedal.

“What the fuck are you doing? We can’t just leave ‘em!” Dan yelled at his father, turning to look at him.

“Listen, boy, I’m not about to stick around and find out what’s she’s capable of,” Paul screamed back at him.

“Unfortunately, Paul Vanderlaan, I think you will find exactly what I’m capable of very soon,” a feminine voice called from the back seat.

Both slowly craned their necks to see who was speaking, and saw a small woman with a very intense look in her eyes.

“Cindy Talbot, at your services. I understand you are out to bring Lydia to conversion therapy?” she asked.

“That isn’t any of your business,” Paul spat at her, “and if we were, it’d be within our every god-given right to beat the queer out of that little–”

Paul found his mouth moving, but sound no longer coming out of it rather quickly. Cindy smiled sardonically at both of them, and began to speak.

“Right,” she replied, “unfortunately, your god does not exist, and you have only me to reckon with. In fact, I have killed a god. And I could kill both of you as well, very easily. Some might call it just to, but Lydia and Diane have agreed that it would be much more humane to reform you, quite literally. You may continue talking, as long as you do not yell.”

With that, Paul’s face turned beet red and he sputtered for a few moments, but nothing more came out other than some muttered. It appeared he’d worn himself out. Satisfied, Cindy turned to Dan.

“I have nothing to say, only that I am doing what is best for my son, even if my wife cannot see it,” Dan spoke firmly and confidently.

“Do you know what would’ve gone on at that camp, Daniel?”

“Yes, Diane explained it to me,” he replied.

“That’s torture, under every modern law, there’s no way around that,” she replied, “and even if it weren’t, it would still be wrong.”

“But, he can’t be a girl, he just can’t be, people can’t just do that,” he insisted, “everyone wants to do things like that, but God does not allow it. And I don’t care what you say about him, I know he will save me, my father, and my brothers from your wicked clutches, just as he did the three young men in the fiery furnace.”

She gave him a pitying look for a moment, but quickly hid it from her face. She sighed as she snapped her fingers, and brought them to a clearing.

“W..where are we?” Paul asked, gasping.

“Somewhere in Wales,” Cindy replied, “I like to come here for some of my dirtier work I have in North America. Don’t try checking your cell phones, they’re dead in this area.”

“A..are Steve and Mike here too?” Dan asked, catching his footing as he initially stumbled.

“Yes, Daniel,” she replied, “they are. But perhaps not in a way you’d recognize them. And they’re very deep asleep, so I don’t believe it’d be beneficial to wake them up to assure you. But they are safe.”

“Why should I believe you?” he asked, narrowing his eyes.

“I’m an all-powerful being who has killed a god, why would I lie to you?” she replied matter-of-factly.

“That’s a fair point,” he replied, “so what happens now? Is this some kind of judgement day?”

“Nope,” she replied, “you know what your ‘sins’ are, I feel it’s perhaps best to get to the important part.”

She snapped her fingers as Paul disappeared, in his place, a small catgirl, in a frilly blue dress, appeared. She looked to be maybe a few years younger than Lydia. The girl looked down in shock, then began to cry. Cindy walked over to her, and placed her hand on the girl’s head, petting her gently as the girl fell asleep.

“W..where’s my dad?” Dan yelled.

“I think you know very well where your father is now, Daniel,” she replied, sighing, “for what it’s worth, I’d like to give you another option, contingent on your good behavior.”

Dan thought, at first, to scream at her, to yell, but deep down he felt she was right about all this. His father and brothers took far too much pleasure in the prospect of hurting his son, in the way he had been hurt as a child. Even if he didn’t understand, perhaps he could learn to, given some time.

“I’m listening,” he replied cautiously.

“I was listening to you four in the car,” she began, “I understand that you and Diane have wanted more children for years. I happen to have three girls in need of adoption. Do you understand what I am saying?”

“Y–you want me to adopt my father and brothers as my own children? I mean, I’d love to have three girls, but there’s so much I’m unfit for,” he replied.

“That’s why I’m giving you more than that, Daniel,” she replied, “I’m giving you a second chance at life. I could see it when you said that people weren’t allowed to change genders, I could see the hurt in your eyes. You’ve wanted to be a woman for years, haven’t you?”

“I…yes,” he replied, turning his gaze downwards, “but there are commands against that.”

“Then it’s a good thing I’m not giving you a choice. I could always wipe your memory like I did with your brothers and father, have you start a new life, or–I could bring you back home, to your wife and daughter, as the mother of these three girls.”

Dan thought for a few more seconds. “We’d have to move, leave our house. No one would accept that suddenly we’ve gained three children and that my wife’s become a lesbian, as much as I’d love to accept. I would say yes but–”

“Danielle,” Cindy interrupted, “I told you, I can do just about anything. Do you really think all that is too hard for me? If you would say yes, then say it.”

“Yes, Ms. Talbot,” Danielle said, staring Cindy in the eyes, “I would be honored.”

“Very well, Mrs. Danielle Vanderlaan-Smith,” Cindy replied, “so be it.”

25