0004 – On the way to the town
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have to move from the cabin, it was a great experience living in this cabin, but I must leave now. The sun had risen up from the mountains. On the 2nd day of his life in this new world, he checked the cupboards for the last time, closed and latched all the doors and windows and stood at the front porch of the cabin facing the mountain range. 

He touched his left pocket of jeans which was now a storage space. It already stored the 3 green pills and now he kept the empty bucket from the washroom and the bed sheets he used to cover himself up the previous night. "I might require them. I will keep them just in case. If I don't find their use, they'll be discarded easily." He scavenged what can be of use, finally finding nothing. He walked up-to the fence and turned around to look at the cabin once again and left the shrub covered fence with a small smile on his face. 

"Lets search", imagining the chest filled with gold coins, he ran a search. As expected a red dot appeared on the map in his mind, he made an estimate that the chest is half way through the distance between cabin and town. He started walking down the trail leading out of the cabin's area. He was able to see the mountain range in front and wide plains on the right side.

While looking at the scenery he noticed the trail had turned towards the left, the direction of town Draka. He walked for half an hour, when he turned to look in the direction of the cabin. " I was walking on a plain area with a gentle slope, but still I am unable to see the cabin. What's happening?" thinking about the weird phenomena he walked forward. 

"There are a few reasons. One, the slope was steep, which isn't possible because I walked on it. Second, I have lost my sense of direction but looking at the scenery at the front and the trail at my back, I know the general direction of the cabin and town. So that's not possible as well. Third, something is not letting me see it. This might be the case, it must be covered with something by God." Dave was on the right track, but didn't know that God had placed concealing magic on the whole area. 

He walked till the sun was at its peak, he found a tree and sat below it to rest, the cool breeze blew past his body, giving him some comfort. "The season might be the start of spring, which had a little coolness from spring. I am glad that it isn't winter. Starting my survival in harsh weather might have been difficult." he searched for the chest box and started walking. 

He came across a few buildings, which he was able to see from the cabin, but realized it was only the front wall that remained in this ruin. He searched using some keywords but nothing came up. Checking out the ruins he walked forward. 

After walking for a few more hours "Now, let's do it. Search." thinking about the gold coin filled chest he said 'search'. A red dot appeared almost in front of him. He walked up-to it and reached the place that was shown on the map. Naturally there was nothing on the ground, "I might have to do some digging, but with what?" as he was thinking he put his hands in his jeans's pocket and realized he had that bucket.

"I guess, it's his time now." He took out the bucket and held the rim of the bucket with left hand and the back with right, thrusting it into the ground. He made a grunting noise. The bucket was made by God, so it might be pretty solid. The bucket entered the soft soil a bit. He used the bucket as a shovel and scraped off the mud from the ground. Little by little he made the hole bigger and deeper. 

By the time the sun reached the western sky, the hole was already round enough to fit his body while excavating and deep enough to cover him till his waist. He took a little rest and chanted 'search'. The result showed that he was standing right on top of it. "Maybe my proficiency again increased after successfully searching for spiders. So that's why I am able to search underground things as well." Thinking this, he stood up and shoved the bucket down again. After 5-6 turns he hit something with a sound different than that of mud. 

Excited, he excavated more and found the chest, which he had been searching for. He took out the small chest which was about as big as his head. The chest was covered with mud and nothing could be made of it. The bucket was already trashed but good enough to contain water. He put the bucket inside his storage pocket. When he suddenly heard a crash. "Aahhhhhh''.

Dave panicked, about what to do with his chest as he thought some people were chasing him. Not knowing what to do he put the chest in the hole and got out of the hole, to see what's happening. In a distance towards the town, he saw a single horse drawn carriage standing. Dave turned his head 360 degrees, to check if anyone was present or not. He searched for "living humans". As he did that 2 red dots appeared in the direction of the carriage. 

He sighed and jumped down the hole, an idea sparked in his mind and he put the chest in his storage pocket. "The chest actually went in, so I will also be able to store things, not made by God. He again got out of the hole, dusted himself and ran towards the carriage. 

As he was approaching the carriage he saw a tree and found a thick but light branch lying down. The tree looked like an ordinary tree present on roadsides in India. He took the branch, cleared the leaves and again started jogging towards the carriage. 

He looked at the branch in his hand and thought about the time he learned sword playing.

It was when Dave was 15 years old, when he visited a theater show for the rich. The play he doesn't remember now but was held in Mumbai somewhere. The play was about kings and dragons. Knights fighting and dying for honor. Watching the show, a young Dave was fascinated by the sword dance happening before him. That sparked the will and desire to learn swordplay in Dave's mind. He pressured his parents into hiring a sword master from which he can learn how to sword fight. Eventually his parents gave in and he learned how to fight with a sword for next 5 years before getting bored of it. But, in time whenever he got time, he used to call upon his old teacher to polish his basic skills and still to date remembers every basic move he ever learned. 

With the sword-like branch in his hand and treasure chest in his storage pocket, he ran towards the carriage. 

He approached the carriage and did a search for beating hearts, to see 2 red dots present in front of him among numerous others. With the branch in his hand he reached the carriage. He turned to see the front of the carriage, when he saw a girl around the age of 12 holding a man of thirty something, while crying her eyes out. 

I was tense and threw the branch away as I saw her face. I walked towards her with open hands to not show any hostility and said "I will help as much as I can". With this the cautious expression of the girl tensed down a little and she nodded her head while still crying. 

As I crouched down to the right hand side of the man to check him, the man suddenly jolted towards me. His action scared me so much that I jumped back forming my fist to attack him. As I was about to launch my fist towards the man's face, his upper body fell down again. 

"What is up with you, old man?" I growled as I asked the man. Sighing, the old man said "who would believe an unknown person full of mud actually try to help 2 wealthy looking people, One of them being injured and the other a girl. "

I understood what he meant clearly and said "I am here to help, if you don't want it, I won't give it." Saying this I got up and dusted my already muddy clothes from digging. I left the 2 and started walking towards the town when a voice came from behind. "Wait" I turned to see the man who was lying down, being held by the girl as he sat up. 

" I want your help. Help me." said the old man with a worried expression. I walked upto the man and without looking towards the girl I asked the man, "where are you hurt?"

The man pointed towards his leg, I pulled his pants up and the girl removed his shoes and socks. The foot at a glance looked normal, but when the man tried to move it, he experienced pain. Forming a theory in his head Dave said to the girl "remove his other shoe and pull up his pants".

The girl did that and Dave noticed the difference in both the feet. "his foot has swelled up a lot, I think he has just tore his foot tendon." Thinking about the time when one of his maids fell and fractured her leg. Dave realized that the pain and movement of fractures and tendon tears are totally different. 

Dave and the girl helped the man up and made him sit in the back of the carriage. "thank you young man, not only for helping me but also for giving strength to my daughter. What can this man do to repay you?" asked the man with a painful smile. 

Dave thought good about the man and said "all I want to do is go to the town Draka, would you be kind enough to give me a ride?" listening to the request the man said "that can be done because we are going in the same direction. Come, hop on."

I hopped on the carriage's driver seat alongside the girl and formally introduced myself to the man "nice to meet you, i am Dave Martin. Thank you for the ride." 

The man smiled and said "I am Robert and this is my daughter Gilda. No need to thank me, rather I should thank you for helping me. It seems you are a wanderer on a journey, I have good connections in the town, let me help out there too."

Wanderer on a journey huh sounds good, smiling lightly Dave said "I will be in your care."

1