Chapter 3
12 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Strath opened his eyes and tried to throw up with a sudden gag reflex, but there was nothing in his stomach to throw out.

"Damn, I haven't even been able to eat anything yet."

The others were no different, but everyone quickly recovered. As they looked around, they saw only their own group.

“Maybe everyone beamed from different coordinates,” Bernard guessed.

“All the bad feelings I had for my previous life are gone now. I can't believe they treated us like shit. This fucking Bunker and its people.l can't believe this shit.” Eduardo was in the revolts.

When everyone came to their senses and looked around, they were horrified by what they saw. The brown earth was covered with gray dust in places. Across the group was a huge city, but it was completely in ruins. Half-destroyed skyscrapers, shattered buildings and completely rusted cars. There was no city. Only dirt, metal and rust. The city had an ominous aura. When they lifted their heads up, they noticed that there were 2 suns. One was yellow like a normal sun while the other was pitch black. The black sun was dazzling when they looked at it even though it was dark.

Eduardo spoke while watching the surroundings with a mocking smile.

“I don't know about you, but I died in 2022. And it seems like technology wasn't too advanced before the apocalypse.”

Jonas interjected, "First of all, we all lived in a simulation, so we can't say we lived at all. Also, we cannot measure the level of development of civilizations from buildings. The state of the buildings shows that these are buildings that could be built in 2065. But of course, we should not believe everything we are told."

Eduardo responded with a grunt to Jonas' detailed explanation.

When Strath took out his pocket computer, he encountered a brief mission briefing. According to the directions and description on the screen, there was a kind of Gaia valuable resource area in the underground metro in the northern part of the city.

Evelin spoke for the first time as the group assessed the situation and prepared to depart.

“And how do you know they won't kill us when we get back? Or that they won't erase our memory and send us on a mission again with the same scenario?"

The group fell silent in the face of the question. The probability of all of what Evelin mentioned happened was very high. The bunker had this technology. This time, the group faced the other problem. If they wanted to escape, they had to deal with the poison in their bodies. There was escaping. If they could somehow get the poison out of their bodies…

“Let's go to the resource point first. There isn't much we can do about it right now.”

The group reluctantly accepted Strath's suggestion. There was nothing they could do now, and they didn't even know how to survive a possible escape.

When the group arrived in the city, there was no sound from the city. The city completely had the impression of a ghost town. As they made their way to the strategic spot, they occasionally glanced at the shops on the street. Everything was completely looted and shattered. When the group returned from the boulevard, they were met with a screaming sound.

“Sounds like a human scream?” There was worry in Bernard's eyes. They were plunged into a complete unknown.

The sound came from inside a ruined 10-story building in the corner. The group decided to go inside. If disaster was going to happen to them at a strategic point, it was the most logical to face the unknown from the beginning. They got their weapons ready and went inside the building. They nervously checked the first floor. But they found nothing. Just as they were going upstairs, Strath saw a painting. When he picked up the painting on the floor and wiped its surface, there was a family photo of 4 people. But the people on the painting were very strange.They had red eyes alongside their strikingly unnatural white skin. Strath called the group over to him.

While looking at the picture Jonas had unsightly expression.

"What is this? Is it a pre-apocalyptic vampire family or have they somehow mutated?"

This time they heard the screaming sound again. It was a high-pitched sound but closer to a human voice. It even sounded like a female scream. The sound was coming from the 2nd floor. The group raised their guns and focused on the room where the sound came from. There were no doors in any of the rooms because the building was an old ruin.When they got to the room, the sight they saw gave them goosebumps.

“Get away from her now, you fuckin bastard!” Bernard pointed his gun at the thing.

The scream was coming from a soldier woman. She was also a Suicide soldier who was passing through the portal with them.All the clone soldiers looked 20 years old. A woman with the appearance of 20 years old too with brunette hair but had her hands and feet nailed to the wall.The nails weren't normal rather they were the building's thin rusty rebars.

The creature turned towards the group.lts mouth had a organ that probably victim’s liver. Despite having pale skin and red eyes, similar to the one in the picture,lts teeth in its mouth had grown to protrude from its mouth.Unlike the people in the picture.lt has no hair or body hair on its head, and its had no clothing on its body.It was watching the group like a wild animal. Or rather, watching its new preys.

*Bam*

Evelin hit the creature in the chest right at heart level. A hole the size of a baby fist opened where the creature's heart should have been. This time the creature turned to Evelin and glared at him with frantic anger. Just as the creature was about to move,

*Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam*

Plasma bullets rained on the creature.Its arms arms, legs and head shattered and hurled all over the room and fell.

“Is it dead?” Strath asked, his finger still aiming at the headless body part of the creature that was still kind of intact after bulets.

Jonas was pulling out his Pocket PC and tapping buttons on the touchscreen. Strath walked over to the woman who had crashed into the wall. The woman was muttering something. Strath placed his ear close to her mouth and heard what she meant. He suddenly turned to the group and shouted.

“TRAP!!!”

A lot of creatures similar to the previous one started to attack towards the room they were in. The surroundings were echoing with the sounds of plasma rifles. Evelin turned and kicked a creature that had jumped towards her.

*Crack* With the sound of bone breaking, the creature was thrown against the opposite wall. The other group members, looking at the flying creature, remembered that they were not physically at their old limits. Its power was lower than Soldiers. Therefore, punches or kicks hitting the areas that could be considered deadly in close contact could severely injure the creatures. However, the creatures coming into the room were not ending, and the amount of bullet expenditure began to change as the group recharged their weapons. Soldiers could deal with one creature in close contact but while 2 or with 3 creatures in close contact at the same time could have deadly results. Bernard put his gun in burst mode and started firing rapidly, discharging the charge in the entire weapon. He threw the entire set of grenades towards the swarm that stretched to the door area.

“Jump out the window.NOW!!!!”

About half a second after the group jumped out of the window, a loud explosion followed by a flame erupted from the 2nd floor of the building. Having barely caught his breath, Jonas called out to the group.

“These are humanoid creatures from a different planet. According to the information in the pocket computer, they should have lQ close to a human, but these creatures are completely wild. There is a problem in this city.”

Strath stood up and raised his gun;"Anything else?"

“They are light sensitive”

While the group was pointing their guns at the building, suddenly collapses were heard from the building and the building began to collapse with the sounds of screeching. Only this time, purely animal cries began to rise from the collapsed building.

Strath stumbled upon an idea he dreaded;'What if there are more ?'

“We must go out to an open and light-permeable area. Right NOW!!!!”

The others in the group would have thought the same, as they followed Strath and began to run along the boulevard. Strath swept along the boulevard with a burst of fire, realizing that he had never wanted to go to a playground so much.lf they weren't reach an any open area,they could have ended up dead shortly.

 
2