Chapter 4
10 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The soldiers were running very fast. A newly released Suicide soldier could run at 50 km/h for 30 minutes in a stable manner. They represented the ultimate human gaia technology. Eduardo was running while holding his arm.

“huff huff no one behind us guys.Lets slow.”

A bite mark was evident on Eduardo's arm.Group looked at him with anxiety.

“Hey, stop looking at me like that. This is just a simple creature bite.lt was just ah ha hahahaha.”

Eduardo was in a fit of hysteria. The group decided not to dwell too much on it. They would take appropriate action if something dangerous happened. They had enough data to make a firm decision on anything. did not have.

Based on what has happened so far, probably 1 group of soldiers had probably disappeared. Why did the bunker teleport them separately?

“They may have thought that if we were all together, we would be encouraged by the majority to revolt. If we get to the strategic point, we will probably be met with far fewer soldiers, which does not allow the idea of ​​a potential revolt to occur in our mind at that point in time.”

As always, Jonas made a logical comment on the subject. Strath had already admitted that Jonas was indeed a strategic genius. Every move of that man was well thought and designed. 'Everyone in the group has their own special talent,' Strath thought.

They arrived in an area like an open park. Only in the garden in the park were trees instead of trees, but 4 meters of cylindrical rod-like structures without branches. The group thought maybe they were dead trees from a different planet. The soil covered with gray ash, these trees looked really creepy.

By the time the group moved around the park, it was already dark. The members of the group were walking around cautiously, wearing their ultraviolet glasses. Suddenly, a thin green light from ahead caught their attention.

When they looked at the place where the light came from, they saw that there was a lake 20 meters in diameter, emitting green light. Lucas' eyes were shining with joy after scanned the lake with his handheld computer.

“Gaia core !!!!” There are 10 Gaia Cores in the lake. These cores are also Rank 1. The one we use is rank 0 gaia core.”

The group finally realized that their luck had opened up. The green light from the lake was actually due to the gaia cores in the lake.

'Rank 1 core = jade powder' is a gaia core used to expel green poisonous smoke from the user's body.

For the first time, Bernard looked happy that his chances had opened up.

“Maybe we should each get one for ourselves, what do you think?”

Rank 1 gaia cores meant too much essence consumption for cultivators who haven't awakened their nuclei yet. If you take any core into your nucleus, even if you don't use that core, the core will absorb essence from the nucleus as it takes root. Excessive essence consumption when the core is used It was also another disadvantage.

When Strath rank 1 used the jade powder, a poisonous gas cloud spread about 20 meters in diameter surrounded him. But he suddenly lost half of his nucleus essence.

'I shouldn't use it unless it's a life-threatening situation.'

Lucas plotted a route from the handheld computer but the group waited until morning to continue.

At first light in the morning, the Group started walking through the city towards the strategic point. The group noticed that Eduardo was starting to talk to himself from time to time. Sweat was running down his forehead and his eyes were red.

"I know I'm fucked. I hear voices and I'm sure they're not hallucinations."

Jonas frowned; "What sound do you hear, Eduardo?"

“They are all interconnected.” Eduardo suddenly bent down and began to vomit blood.

The group aimed their guns at Eduardo and prepared to pull the trigger.

"Calm down mucos heheh. Hey why don't we do this, I'll walk in front alone. So if I turn into a creature, you can shoot me from back?"

The group did not want to engage in close combat with Eduardo. Besides the jade powder, Eduardo also had a set of explosive grenades in his hand. A small mishap could hurt them, and that was the last thing they wanted.

Strath couldn't take it any longer and asked, "What kind of sound do you hear, Eduardo?"

Eduardo got up from the ground and gave Strat an ugly smile.

“Progenitor's voice”

Evelin pointed the gun and started shooting at Eduardo, but Eduardo had already jumped into the building next door.

"What are we doing now?" Evelin stopped firing and aimed her barrel at the building Eduardo had entered.

Strath was thinking with his head down. He had to control the anger that had been lingering in him ever since he emerged from the clone pool, and it was time to explode.He wanted blood.After lifting his head,looked at the group with a cruel smile.

"Of course we're going to kill him."

Strath was walking around the building with a rifle in his hand. The building was a small 2-story building. And the occasional sun gleamed through the rubble. The group did not agree with Strath and chose to wait outside. Strath was excited. The sense of terror he was holding inside was finally revealed for the first time since the simulation.

“Eduardoooo where are you my latin kitty?”

A rattling sound came from the basement.” Oh so you're there. I am coming Eduardo. I'll heal you. You know, I'm your mucho.”

Strath descended into the basement with an evil smile.

There was a moan,"Help me please."

But Instead of a cry for help this voice evoking feeling of threat.

After got down what he found was not Eduardo.lt was about 20 pairs of reddish twinkling eyes in the basement were staring at him.

“You son of a bitch!”

The group of 3 people waiting outside the building suddenly began to hear the sound of gunfire. As they were aiming their guns, suddenly a darkness fell on Bernard's neck.

“Aghh help!”

When Evelin and Lucas turned their backs, they saw a large herd of pale sea creatures in the street. Evelin and lukas suddenly began to flee the street, leaving Bernard.

Lucas turned to Evelin, gasping for breath.

"EVE! Although these creatures are mindless, they have trapped us 2 times. Do you remember Eduardo's words? They are all connected to each other. One high level creature controls the others. That's why they trapped us even though they are completely mindless wild animals. We must get away from this area immediately. Our only chance is the strategic point. We can only survive if we unite with other soldiers.”

Meanwhile, in the 2-story building, Strath was wiping the pieces of meat that had smeared on him. 'Hmm, Eduardo is nowhere to be found. Could he have somehow escaped from the building?

Before he left the building, seeing the creatures that had smashed Bernard at the door, he went back in. 'Another trap? all linked to progenitor…hmm all of them must be puppet and there is a puppet master'.

At that moment, he heard a voice behind him.

“Strath, you made me wait too much “

*Boom*

his fist threw the strat down the stairs to the 2nd floor.

Strat coughed up blood, his ribs cracked despite having black metal bones.

'This power is not something that can be obtained with the x5 power core.'

“Hey Strath, I always sensed that you weren't a normal person but now I'm sure hehehe”

Eduardo's devilish laughter echoed in Strath's ear. Strath looked down the stairs and saw Eduardo's new look.

His eyes were glowing with a devilish red color. All of his body hair was gone, and he looked like a 50-year-old instead of 20 anymore.

Strath began to assess the situation in cold blood. 'He's probably starting to fall under the progenitor's influence and his intelligence level is declining. There's no other reason why he shouldn't kill me with a gun. But He even dropped his hand gun.'

While Strath was trying to breat, Eduardo arrived and grabbed Strath by the neck and lifted him into the air.

“It's not too late for anything, Strath.You can join us.There is no pain in unity, only happiness.”

Strath aimed the Rifle in his hand towards Eduardo's armpit and put the rifle in Burst mode.

"What you're feeling is an illusion, Eduardo."

*Bam*

A tickling shrill scream echoed through the apartment. Eduardo was clutching his left shoulder. An arm was no longer below his shoulder and red blood was gushing from his wound. With the last remaining part, it was clear that he hated Strath.

Eduardo the Beast shrieked and darted towards the strath, and the others followed.

Meanwhile, Strath activated the Jade powder core. Since the apartment corridor is a narrow area, a cloud of toxic smoke covered the entire apartment.

The sounds of dozens of creatures trying to breathe were coming from the apartment. A silhouette from the upper floor jumped into the street. He appeared in a injured state then started running into certain direction.That person was Strath and he was smiling.

 
 
 
 
 
2