Volume 1 Final: Black and White
96 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sun:"Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you've given me nothing but small talk and weird looks."

Blake glares at him.

Sun:"Ya! Like that."

Copper:"Well, you are a really loud person."

Sun:"Hey, I like to express myself."

Blake rolls her eyes.

Blake:"Sun... are you familiar with the White Fang?"

Sun:"Of course! I don't think there's a faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want."

Copper's eye twitches as he takes a sip of milk.

Sun:"Bunch of freaks if you ask me."

Sun takes a drink of his tea.

Blake:"Copper and I were... once members of the White Fang."

Sun chokes on his drink and he starts to cough.

Sun:"Wait a minute, 'you two' were members of the White fang?"

Copper nods.

Blake:"That's right. I was a member for most of my life actually. You could say I was born into it. Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between humans and the faunus. Of course, despite being promised equality, the faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people."

A memory plays and we see a child Blake at the front of a rally.

Blake:"And I was there. I was at the front of every rally. I took part of every boycott. ANd I actually thought we were making a difference... but I was just a youthful optimist... And at one rally there was this kid, with rusty red hair and he had a cheetah tail."

Child blake is looking at a child Copper. Child Copper doesn't have his hat but he's wearing his boots.

Blake:"I met my best friend. Copper."

Child Copper turns to child Blake and gives her a big smile.

Back at the present Copper has a happy smile on his face as he looks at his milk.

Copper:"Five years ago, I left the White Fang when our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place."

Blake:"A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us. Hijacking cargo from companies that used faunus labor. And the worst part was? It was working. We were being treated like equals. But not out of respect... out of fear."

Copper tips his hat over his eyes and he grits his teeth.

Blake:"So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence. And instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a Huntress. So here I am. A criminal hiding in plain view. All with the help of a little, black bow."

Blake wiggles her ears.

Copper:"I never hide. I just ran away from my problem."

Sun looks to Both Copper and Blake.

Sun:"So... have you two told your friends any of this?"

Copper:"It's better they don't know."

 

 

Later

 

Copper, Blake and Sun are walking down a street.

Sun:"So, what's the plan now?"

Copper flicks his hat up and Blake sighs.

Blake:"I still don't believe the White Fang is behind these robberies. They've never needed that much Dust before."

Sun:"What if they did? I mean... the only way to prove that they didn't do it, is to go to the place where they would most likely go to if they were to do it, and not find them there... Right?"

Copper:"The only thing is, we have no idea where that would be."

Sun:"Well, While I was on the ship, I heard some guys talking about unloading a 'huge' shipment of Dust coming in from Atlas."

Blake:"How huge?"

Sun:"'Huge'. Big Schnee Company freighter."

Blake:"You're sure?"

Sun nods.

Copper:"Perfecto!"

 

Later that night

 

 

Copper and Blake are side by side laying on their stomach, on the top of a roof.

Sun:"Did I miss anything?"

The two look behind them and see Sun holding some apples.

Blake:"Not really. They've offloaded all the crates from the boat. Now they're just sitting there."

Sun holds up an apple.

Sun:"Cool. I stole you two some food."

Copper holds up his hand and Sun tosses him an apple.

Blake:"Do you always break the law without a second thought?"

Sun:"Hey, weren't you in a cult of something?"

Blake and Copper glare at him.

Sun:"Okay, too soon."

Copper takes a bite of the apple and Blake glares at him.

Copper:"What, he stole some perfect good apples, how could I not eat one."

Blake glares at him harder and he just tosses the apple away. Suddenly a strong wind blows above them and they look up to see a bullhead. 

The Bull head lands and White Fang members walk off it.

Blake:"Oh no."

Copper:"Not good."

Sun:"Is that them?"

Blake:"Yes, it's them."

WF Member:"Alright. grab the tow cables."

Copper shakes his head.

Sun:"You really didn't think they were behind it, did you?"

Blake:"No. I think deep down I knew. I just didn't want to be right."

Suddenly a new voice yells and Copper's and Blake's eyes widen.

Roman:"Hey! What's the hold up?"

Roman walks down the ramp of the Bullhead.

Roman:"We're not exactly the most inconspicuous bunch of thieves at the moment, sooo why don't you animals try to pick up the pace."

Copper:"This doesn't make sense."

Blake:"Yeah, The White Fang would never work with a human. Especially not one like that."

Blake stands up and Copper gets on his knees. Blake takes her weapon out.

Sun:"Hey! What are you doing!?"

Blake jumps off the roof.

Copper:"And there she goes."

Sun:"Should we go down there?"

Copper stands up and takes 'Diamondback' out of its holster.

Copper:"Probably." 

Roman:"What the--? Oh for f-"

Copper and Sun turn and see Blake holding Roman hostage.

Blake:"Nobody move!"

White Fang members takes their weapons out.

Roman:"Woah! Take it easy there little lady."

Blake takes her bow off and reveals her cat ears.

Blake:"Brothers of the White Fang. Why are you aiding this scum?"

The WF members lower their weapons.

Roman:"Heh, oh kid. Didn't you get the memo?"

Blake:"What are you talking about?"

Roman:"The White Fang and I are going in on a joint business venture together."

Blake:"Tell me what it is or I'll put an end to your little operation."

More bullheads fly over.

Roman:"I wouldn't exactly call it a little operation."

Copper:"That's a thing."

Roman aims his cane down and fires. Blake flies back and she lands on the ground a little aways from Roman.

Copper:"Show time!"

Copper jumps off the roof and he runs over to Roman. Copper presses a button and on his gun and the whip comes out. He throws the whip forward and Roman takes a step back and the whip cracks the air right in front of him.

Roman:"That whip."

Roman looks to the side and sees Copper.

Roman:"Well well well, if it isn't Copper. I thought you were still in prison."

Copper brings his whip back to him and grabs a hold of it.

Copper:"I should repay you the favor of getting me sent there!"

Copper dodges to the side as some bullets fly past him. Copper looks and sees WF members aiming their guns at him.

Copper:"Sun, can you handle Roman?"

Sun jumps in front of Roman.

Sun:"Sure."

Copper:"Bueno."

Copper charges forward and he punches a WF Member in the face. The WF opens fire on him and Copper wraps his whip around a WFM arm and Copper runs around in a circle, making the WFM shoot all his friends.

Copper then pulls on the whip and brings the WF member to him and he grabs the guys neck and slams him into the ground.

Ruby:"Hey!"

Copper looks up to the top of a warehouse and he sees Ruby and Penny.

Copper:"Ruby? Penny?"

Copper ducks under a punch and he kicks a WF away from him.

Roman:"Oh, hello Red! Isn't it past your bedtime?"

Copper does a backflip and bullets hit the ground where he was.

Copper hears an explosion and he looks back up to see Ruby get flung backwards from said explosion. Roman gives an evil laugh.

Copper sees Penny jump off the warehouse roof with swords flying out from her backpack.

Copper:"That's a thing."

Copper gets punched in the face and he stumbles back, holding his cheek.

Copper:"Why the face!"

Copper's cyan aura surrounds him for a few seconds then goes away. Copper rubs his cheek and he throws his whip and sends teh WF member that hit him flying.

Copper looks up and he sees Bullheads cut in half fly past him and explode in the distance. 

Copper:"Santa mierda."

Copper then hears another bullhead fly by and he sees Roman in the doorway. Roman takes his hat of and does a bow to Copper.

Roman:"See you later, Kid."

Copper growls as Roman's bullhead flies off.

Copper cracks his whip and he presses a button on his gun and it retracts into his gun. Copper twirls 'Diamondback' and he puts i

 

Later

 

 

Sun, Blake, Penny and Ruby are all sitting on some boxes. Police and police cars are all around the area. Police radio chatter can be heard. 

They hear footsteps and they all look up to see Yang and Weiss.

Ruby gets off her box and she start to walk over to them.

Ruby:*Speaking fast.* "Look Weiss it's not what you think she explained the whole thing you see she doesn't actually wear a bow she has kitty ears and their actually kinda cute."

Weiss walks past her and goes over to Blake.

Blake:"Weiss. I want you to know that I'm no longer associated with the White Fang. Back when I was with-"

Weiss interrupts her.

Weiss:"Stop. Do you have any idea how long we've been searching for you? Twelve hours. That means I've had twelve hours to think about this. And in that twelve hours I've decided... I don't care."

Copper tilts his head.

Blake:"You don't care?"

Weiss:"You said you're not one of them anymore, right?"

Blake:"No, I-I haven't been since I was younger-"

Weiss interrupts her again.

Weiss:"Upupupupup! I don't wanna hear it. All I want to know, is that the next time something this big comes up you'll come to your teammates, and not some..."

Weiss looks back at Copper and Sun.

Weiss:"Someone else."

Copper:"Hey."

Blake looks to Ruby and Yang then back to Weiss.

Blake:"Of course."

Weiss smiles and Ruby throws her arms up.

Ruby:"Yeah! Team RWBY is back together!"

Weiss:"I'm also sorry, Copper."

Copper sighs.

Copper:"It's alright."

Weiss then points to Sun.

Weiss:"I'm still not quite sure how I feel about you!"

Sun nervously laughs and Copper hears some footsteps running in their direction.

Copper turns to the side and sees his team.

Ecru/Henry/Sam:"Copper!"

Copper waves to them and he notices that their not slowing down when they get near and his eyes widen.

Copper:"Wait, don't-"

His team tackles him to the ground.

Ecru:"Come on, Man!"

Henry:"We were worried."

Sam:"Yeah, Ecru was crying."

Ecru:"No I wasn't it was you!"

Henry:"Ok, how about we say no one was crying. But seriously tell us when you just go missing for a few days."

Copper looks to his team and smiles.

Copper:"Alright."

Copper's stomach growls and he blushes and his team laughs. Copper starts to laugh with them.

Copper:'I could get used to this.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03-31-2022

1742 words

3