Chapter 2
902 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Damn you Jack Wolfskin!!!!!”

As Jack entered the school building with the girls, a short  fat boy with glasses emerged from the bushes.

Stuart was Jack's old rival. Back in high school, they both fought in Chess tournaments. The final score was a 5-5 draw, but Stuart always thought he lost in his last chess match due to his  diarrea.According to Stuart, Jack was defeated 4-6 and he was the only Alpha out there. 

Stuart had gone into the bushes to watch Mary again that day. He had been in love with Mary ever since he saw Mary on his first day of college.

Of course, he could also see Jack standing in front of the faculty of fine arts through the bushes every day. Every time he saw Jack, he made fun of him secretly.

'Jack! You've always been and always will be a beta. You can't even go and talk to her, you filthy loser.You fakin beggar haha you'll see Jack.Mary will be mine. When Mary and I get married, I'll specially handwrite you our wedding invitation ahahahahah' 

Of course, what He saw today shocked Stuart to his bones. How could Mary, the wingless angel, touch Jack and get her hands dirty. Mary even hugged Jack. All of Stuart's dreams were shattered and he fell to the ground. He was perfectly normal when he stood up again.

He said, "I have to see Mary at the same time tomorrow. I'm starting to miss her already" and went to the computer engineering faculty.

Stuart had lost his short-term memory from the shock, or was simply denying reality as a defense mechanism, possibly due to the pain he was experiencing.

When Jack entered the classroom with Mary, he was suddenly met with dozens of hateful looks. All the boys in the class looked as if they were facing with the murderer of their families.There were hatred,vengance and even more feelings in their eyes.

A sense of accomplishment intensified in himself when Jack saw the people staring at him. 'Keep your hand together betas.He thought while  insulting the boys in the class in his mind .

The lesson began. The teacher was talking about art history and Mary and Sue were taking notes while Jack was just looking at Mary.

“How can you be so perfect, Mary. Please always stay by my side,” he was dreaming stupidly.

When the class was over,Mary looked at Jack.He was still looking at her with dumb smile.She was almost gonna laugh but felth pain from Sue’s elbow blow.as the group got up, Jack suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder. More precisely,a bear's paw was clawing at his shoulder.

“Oh Mark hello.” Mary was looking mockingly at the nearly two-metre tall,muscular colored-eyed man. Mark played for the school's American football team and was in PE. For some unknown reason, he just landed next to them.He was still breathing rapidly.Probably he ran a lot to get there.But how did Mark knew that Jack was here?

 Possible reasons were some girls in the classroom who hate Mary because she was too popular or Boys who were Mary’s platonic lovers in the same classroom.They might not want Mary to be  with a loser.Mark was out of their reach but Jack? How dare you! You filthy peasant.

“What do you think you're doing, Mary? Who is this loser?"

"His name is not loser, it's Jack and What I do with Jack is none of your business Mark. Besides, you and I aren't dating anymore, so please don't bother me again."

Mary apparently dated with a bear named Mark for a short time.Though there was also a possibility that She took Jack with her to make him jealous. Of course, our good-hearted hero didn't know about it and never would have thought so.

Sue was looking worried and Mary was throwing an expectant look at Jack.

What would Jack do? There was no sound in the classroom at that moment.

Mark looked at Jack angrily, and just he was about to do something, Jack suddenly got up from the desk and started walking outside in front of everyone's dumbfounded looks.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Mary couldn't believe what she was seeing and couldn't tolerate more.Meanwhile, Sue was in tears.She was looking at Mary with ‘You deserved it’ look.

Jack has never been a hero. All his life, he acted as timid as a rabbit. When he saw Mark, all his instincts were screaming at him "run" and so he ran.No one can understand living as a loser without being as such.Everyone feels like they can do anything, but real life is not like that.Jack was crying inside while running but he just couldn't stand aganist a danger.

“What the fuc…l mean Mary.Lets talk about this alright?” Mark had already erased Jack from his mind. For Mark, he was a null set like any nerd.

Mary was still frowning while looking in the direction Jack was going to.

"Mary?" Sue noticed that Mary’s strange state.

When she got no answer, she went over to Mary and grabbed her by the arm.

“Hey Mary, you had as much fun as you can. The class is over so let's go to the cafe and have a drink.” She made a suggestion.

Mary agreed with plain ‘OK’.Then two of them went their way while  ignoring Mark's attempts to try to speak. But Mary seemed very disappointed.

‘A swan can't fall in love with a frog in real life, can it?' Sue thought .

Or had something happened between Mary and Jack that no one knew about?

 

3