Chapter 4
646 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a young couple sitting on the balcony of a bar. The retro styled bar was located on the corner of the street in the busiest place.Interestingly, the men in the bar and passers-by boys on the street were constantly looking at the couple on the balcony. More precisely, the person everyone was looking at was Sue.

Feeling like he had something unattainable by others made Jack's mood improve slightly.He would occasionally glare angrily at the men who looked at Sue and joyfully watched them avert their eyes.

*Ding*

Jack suddenly looked at a message on his phone's WhatsApp. A message was sent from an international number that was not registered on his phone.Words in the message was "We know." and the messager's profile picture was nothing but a red handprint on a black canvas.

"Are you listening to me?" Jack looked up to find that Sue was looking at him angrily.

Jack blocked the foreign number and continued talking to Sue.

"Sorry Sue. I just couldn't. I've never been a fighter in my life. Can you tell Mary that I'm sorry?"

Sue normally would have thought that Mary wouldn't even want to hear Jack's name after all that had happened, but this time it was different. She wondered in her mind about how Mary would react if she told Mary about Jack.

Also, Jack had a different aura. Although he wasn't exactly called a man, Jack still seemed like a very comfortable person to talk to and get along with. After meeting on the street, Sue couldn't understand how comfortable she was with Jack until now. She took him to the bar because she felt sorry for him when saw him crying. She had guessed that maybe a little alcohol would calm Jack down. But she never thought that Jack would be an easygoing person.She and Jack had many hobbies in common.

At first, Sue thought Jack was a total douchebag. And she probably thought that Mary was talking to Jack because she just wanted to make fun of him just to kill time. But at the moment she wasn't so sure about that anymore.

Meanwhile, 2 tall black male wearing rapper clothes came to their table.

“Hey giiirl,what ya doin with this loser, come over to our table.”

Jack suddenly froze. Yesterday's event was happening again. He was very angry with himself for what happened yesterday.The anger built up inside Jack and it suddenly turned into a volcano ready to explode.

Sue frowned, just as she was about to say something, a blackness flashed before her eyes.

As Jack jumped out of a chair, he attacked 2 black men. Jack was throwing punches in rapid movements, ignoring the possibility that the audience might even mistake him for a racist.

But there was something that Jack didn't realize. There was more of a smile than shock on the faces of those watching the fight.

Pillow punches was making *poof* *poof* noises when the fists hit black guys. After Jack discharged his anger, he realized that the other party was actually just stopping there all along and taking his punches.Just as he was about to say something,his image suddenly changed. Sue was looking at him upside down for some reason.Actually it seemed like the whole world had turned upside down.But the only thing that turned upside down was Jack himself.

Jack suddenly found himself in the ornamental bushes next to the balcony. The good news was that he hadn't taken much damage from the fight. The bad news was that his already shattered man pride was probably on its way to the core of the earth by now.

Jack was trying to decide whether or not to get up from the bushes. Maybe if he stayed in the bushes until 3:00 a.m. Sue and everyone else would be gone.

While he was thinking as such 'It's best to wait until everyone is gone',suddenly a pair of hands grabbed him by the collar and pulled him back to the balcony. Jack brought his arms to his face and started to protect his head from possible damages. But despite waiting, a punch still did not come. When he slowly opened his right eye, he was stunned by what he saw. The ones who threw him were lying unconscious on the floor,the bar attendants were dragging them by their arms and taking them out of the bar. Jack looked around in surprise.

“Sue, who helped us?”

Sue shook her head angrily.

“I've been doing MMA since I was 6, Jack. Please stop that disgusting toxic muscularity and don’t underestimate me.”

Jack's eyes suddenly filled with hope. He thought he would never get close to Mary again. He was afraid that if Mark The Bear came again, something in the past would happen again.But now things have changed.

'Mark, you'll soon find out you're a frog in the well.'

Sue couldn't understand why Jack was looking at her strangely, but Jack had already made his plans. An epic college semester with the love of his life hadn't completely disappeared yet.

Meanwhile, the bar attendant timidly brought the bill and handed it to Sue. Seeing that Jack still did not make a move.

“Jack, seriously?”

It seems that even the most feminist girl expected the man to pay the bill. Jack paid for his own beers and handed Sue back the receipt. Sue paid the rest of the bill with a pout. 'Maybe he's not that nice'.

Meanwhile, Mary put her bunny plush toys on the bed and went in front of the mirror that has bunny ears. A painting was seen on the wall from the reflection of the mirror. Although it was not clearly visible there were2 young children standing side by side in the painting.

Mary spoke seriously;

“You will pay for all you had done in the past Jack.I have never forgotten and will never forget!!!”

3