MxM 0016 Those Who Kneel
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

0016 Those Who Kneel

 

"... Angel Diosalve... Please protect our son!
God Diore, I know you won't let our son suffer!".

"Brother, be well!".

Father Alcione looked at the family who were desperate with concern for the young Maycon, next to him, Jenany was anxious and the Watcher was uneasy.

"Sir Father... It's been almost an hour without news of them...
... Isn't it better to go check it out?".

"We only have you Watcher...
... Let's wait a little longer, soon the informant will appear, we can ask for reinforcements...".

"I hope Alicia is okay...".

The Watcher listened to Alcione's command, just as Jenany was worried about Alicia's situation, but deep down he couldn't hide the urge to run and investigate the supernatural phenomenon closely.

"Jenany girl, be prepared...
... We'll probably need your miracles...".

"Yes sir Father!".

Jenany was excited but understood the meaning of using her miracles in the current situation, so she tried to calm down by taking a deep breath, and looking at her effort, the Father was glad he didn't need to be more serious with the girl.

So everyone stood outside watching the half-destroyed shed in the distance, waiting for new developments.

**************************************************

*"You, give me your sword and follow the heretics...
... You, go tell the Father that we've found an Inheritance from the heretics...
... The rest of you get ready..."*.

The Envoy took the sword from the waist of one of the would-be soldier who ran past the strangers, avoiding approaching them, while the second ran towards the Maycon's house to find the Father and report the situation.

"Hey, wait there! What are you going to do with that sword?".

One of the policemen drew his revolver pointing at the Envoy who raised his sword in a fighting pose, and everyone tensed without knowing the knight's intentions.

^"Another chance! This time I will escape!"^.

"Aah ha ha ha ha! Look at these idiots!".

The old drunk smiled again, this time he found a new way to cause a distraction, he started laughing out loud insulting the Envoy and the church men as he slowly walked towards them, looking around, he noticed that no one tried to stop him this time, everyone was worried about strangers and he would take advantage of it.

*"You are before the Envoy of our lord god Diore!
Show your respect and get on your knees!"*.

The Envoy did not understand what the old man said, but looking at how the old man was laughing at him as he spoke and trying to imitate his voice, it was clear that he was being insulted.

Then he walked calmly towards the drunk, his helmet-muffled voice sounding in a clear tone of authority, authority that was snubbed by the man in front of him once again.

*"Get down on your knees..."*.

Feeling the stench of alcohol coming from the old drunk, and already lost in anger and humiliation, he couldn't contain himself any longer.

*"Get down on your knees!"*.

Slash! Pluck... "Haaa!". "Haa!". "Haaaaa!".

Some women, children and men, ran in despair, the old drunk who once laughed and joked in an attempt to escape, was now lying on the floor, his head fell off his body and rolled to the feet of Henry who was being held by the arm by another policeman.

*"All on your knees!"*.

It was the man's last word pointing at the group of people in front of him, a white and gold sword, not a single drop of blood on its blade.

Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah!

The policeman pointing his gun at the Envoy could not resist and started shooting, the shots pierced his armor, from where you can see his blood running and staining the white armor, the would-be soldiers, seeing the Envoy wounded, drew their swords and rushed into battle.

So the two sides started a clash between guns and swords, but the would-be soldiers barely managed to scratch anyone until everyone was lying on the ground, some dead and others wounded.

The Envoy fell to his knees in disbelief at the enemy's weapons, but he didn't give up, his body emanated white light as an inaudible prayer came out of his mouth, and then the bluish green light mingled with the white light, his mystical presence made people look at him with wonder, but horror seized the people the moment a blade of bluish green light was sent ripping everything in its path, cutting a policeman in half.

"Run everyone!
Let's try to take him down, heed my command!".

Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah!

Chaos started with dozens of people running in all directions trying to escape the supernatural knight and apparently not even shotgun blasts could kill him.

**************************************************

"Are they fighting the Envoy?".

"Yes, do you want to come back to help?".

"No! We don't know if there are more church people out there...
... There are still two Watchers and a Father in my house...
... Also, one of the Inheritance entrances may have been discovered by them, we need to go ahead and let them know before the ceremony starts!".

Maycon and his friends stopped to look back, where the gunfire heralded the conflict taking place, and from where they were, the bluish green light of the Envoy could be seen from afar, shining back and forth.

During their quick conversation, they decided to keep running towards the city and, right behind them, a would-be soldier was hiding.

**************************************************

"Don't panic! The true faithful will not be the targets of god's warriors! Watch your miracles!".

Despite fear and terror, many of the faithful who followed the blue-eyed man decided to have faith in his words and so, on their knees, they prayed nonstop as tears streamed from their eyes.

The Envoy stopped in front of the group, and noticing the fear and reverence of these strange people in front of him, it made him feel good about himself, at least these were obedient so there would be no need to spare the hostiles and the fugitives.

Realizing he still had a chance to make it on the mission, he decided to kill everyone else to avoid spoiling his plans.

*"Stay here, I'll be back!"*.

"Triumph to the Exalted!". "Triumph to the Exalted!".

Marveling at what appeared to be a miracle happening in front of him, the man sported a fanatical look as he watched the Envoy take several shots, and despite the blood running down his white armor, he didn't stop killing the people around him.

The kneeling people began to scream fervently when they realized that they were spared by the Envoy, the blue-eyed man became the direct messenger of god's will before their eyes, and nothing would change their minds anymore.

Some teenagers accompanying their families in this group increasingly lost in their fanaticism, were relieved to see the white knight leaving, but seeing him start killing people indiscriminately on the other side, they decided to keep their heads down and wait for things to develop for the better, avoiding any trouble.

**************************************************

"Alex! Run!".

"Shit, is it those shit cops again?".

Alex, who was helping Julia and Nathan to hide from the shooting, saw Helena running towards him scared, and asked his question trying to guess the reason for the new confusion.

"No! The immortal knight is killing everyone!".

"Immortal Knight? Do not play with me...".

In the middle of the conversation, Alex saw a white knight with white and bluish green light flowing from his body like a flame, his speed was superhuman, and in just three seconds he had cut two people in half using his sword while the policemen ran and shot him in the body.

Seeing this, Alex was speechless, Helena and Julia pulled him by the arm, Nathan tried to run even though he was injured, but he could barely walk, and looking back, the Envoy was slowly approaching, killing one and another person in its path, making the four anxious.

"Shit! What the fuck is this Helen?".

"I do not know! And I can't even explain anything now, let's run!".

"Help Nathan, he's hurt!".

"Come, get on my back, I'll carry you!".

Nathan climbed on Alex's back and the four of them started running south, towards the forest where most thought was the best place to hide.

**************************************************

"Fuck Andrew! Release me, I can help!".

"Damn Henry, not now!".

Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah!

Andrew and his friends were shooting non-stop trying to take down the white knight, but the Envoy was still standing and running around trying to kill the people around, one of the policeman was pulling Henry by the arm, pulling him out of danger, but the sight of the third policeman having his head blown up by a punch, made Henry despair trying to be released.

"Shit Henry, you better help, I don't want to die because of you...".

The police spread out trying to surround to contain the enemy's advance, and yet they could not prevent him from approaching the people who fled in despair, soon the policeman furthest away holding Henry decided to take his handcuffs off him, going against the order of Andrew who was far away on the other side of the circle.

"Don't worry, I'll help you help me...".

"Which? Arhg!".

As soon as they stopped, the policeman took Henry's handcuffs off, and in that brief moment, the Envoy stopped running towards a woman and leapt towards the two of them.

Noticing the approach of the white knight, Henry smiled, now with his hands free, pushed the policeman towards the Envoy who pierced his chest with his sword, and taking advantage of the scare that the Envoy took upon seeing such a scene, he picked up a shotgun lying on the ground, and from the short distance he was, he managed to hit the knight in the face.

For the first time the white knight fell, the white light in his body didn't stop rising, but those who saw it all happen, were between anger and hope.

"You son of a bitch!".

Harris, who saw his teammate being impaled by the sword, ran cursing Henry, going to check on the friend's condition, the only lighting in the place was the light coming from the Envoy's body, because currently, they were not far from the climb of the rock formation, and many people had already strayed from the main group.

"No need to thank me, but I think I'd better finish killing him...".

Andrew arrived and watched Henry's cynical smile, but seeing him walk away as he pointed his shotgun at the others, he preferred to ignore him and went to the policeman who still had a sword through his chest.

"Go away Henry, there's no place for you with us...".

"Freedom was all I wanted...
... Besides, you guys don't have the mentality to survive in this place, I'll see if I can find the others, I hope you don't stop me...".

"Fuck you! Go away!".

Andrew kicked Henry out of the group, while Henry tried to manipulate the thoughts of people in the place into following him, but Harris got up angrily and pointed his gun at Henry, his friend had just died and he was trying to control himself not to start another problem.

Clicking his tongue, Henry looked around for Sandro, but apparently Sandro had disappeared with the woman once more, so, in a bad mood, he decided to go back to the shed to look for more weapons in the bodies of the dead policemen.

"And now, what are we going to do with him?".

So, everyone looked at the Envoy moaning on the ground, while holding his face with his hands, it was unbelievable that he was still alive, and it made the hearts of everyone there tremble with fear.

**************************************************

Near the climb to the rock formation, the vegetation had few trees, but many bushes and tall grasses, and at that point the farm was left behind by a few hundred meters.

In the midst of the tall grass, several people were still running trying to get away from the knight who did not look like a human in his strength and immortality, but the light of the moons only allowed to see the outline of things and the fear of the unknown only made people want to move forward without looking back.

"Stop! What is that?".

Someone who followed a slope already reaching the rock formation stopped running and shouted for everyone to hear, the assembled policemen looking for a way to immobilize the Envoy so that they would not have to resort to killing him, looked in the direction of the scream trying to see the person who screamed.

Up above, coming towards them, a shadowy humanoid creature slowly descended, looking at each of the people scattered in the undergrowth with its beady white eyes, if the immortal knight has already caused so much trouble, this monster now made some people give in as they crouched on the ground shielding their heads and crying in despair.

**************************************************

"What the fuck is this now?".

"More headache...".

Lucas beside Andrew checked the remaining ammunition he had after seeing the creature approaching a desperate man kneeling on the ground praying, and Andrew took a new stance, pushing his friends away from the Envoy who rose from the ground with one hand covering one side of his face.

The Envoy removed his hand from his face revealing a bloody half face with the deformed helm, he watched the policemen out of one eye, then looked at the scattered people he could find, and lastly, he looked at the newly arrived creature.

*"Damned heretics... I hate the southern lands..."*.

0