MxM 0025 The New Missions
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

0025 The New Missions

 

Opening their eyes again, Father Alcione and Father Alberto looked at each other, Alicia was expecting that by showing the lifestyle of young people, even though they were not practitioners of the customs of the church of Sigredio, they would be exonerated, and it was in this idea that she clung.

"All right Confessor, your report has been received...
... Father Alberto and I are going to talk about the situation, you can go...".

"It's my duty...".

Alicia got up and looked around for Sara, and realizing she wasn't around, she decided to go alongside Jenany who was healing the Envoy who was still silently praying.

"You are a lucky old man Alcione, not only do you have the rights to investigate the events of the Chaos Gate, you have discovered a heretical Inheritance...
... Now, this Envoy of your team is a lament, he has to be demoted and retired...".

"It's a lot to deal with, I agree with you about Envoy, but these strange people probably came from the Chaos Gate...
... Many people died for nothing, just as many fled, it will be a big problem for the Empire if information about these people coming out of a Chaos Gate leaks out...
... Our priority must be to hide them...".

"But we cannot forget the heretics and the Inheritance...
... A Confessor is so difficult to train because of that, they always end up sympathizing with heretics, we must deal with her too...".

Alcione understood very well the danger that the girl Alicia was in the moment she started to show the memories of young people, and trying to divert Alberto's attention, he wanted to focus on the events of the Chaos Gate, but looking into Alberto's eyes, he realized that the man would not let her go easy.

So the two men were silent for a few seconds until Alcione got up from the floor to stretch her tired body from sitting in such a position, and Alberto, so as not to feel looked down upon, got up from the floor afterwards.

"Father Alberto, I'm going to need your men...
... I hope you can get these people to the camp as soon as possible, to avoid unforeseen events...
... Of course, you can keep the rewards...".

"It's good! That's good! Of course, I have a big team...
... I will split it into two teams, one will take these people to the camp, and the second team will go with me to explore the heretic Inheritance...
... We need to deal with your team's Confessor and Envoy...".

Once again, Alberto didn't let things go easy, he was determined to control the entire situation and get everything for himself, and Alcione no longer had a team to command, it would be difficult for him to convince Alberto to leave the Confessor alone.

"Don't worry Alberto, the Envoy must return to the camp, he will be removed from the church and judged for his ambitious and out-of-control actions...".

"And the Confessor goes with us, there are many dangers in these heretic Inheritances, so we don't need to get our hands dirty with a young girl...".

Alberto smiled as he looked at Alcione, who forced a smile in response.

"No, she's staying here, she needs to pass her report to our intelligence gatherer, he still hasn't shown up today...
... Come on, let's stop arguing and write our reports, we can't take any longer...".

Alberto didn't like Alcione's decision, but decided not to comment further, so the two walked over to the boxes, pulling envelopes from the pockets of their robes and objects like quills and ink bottles to write with.

**************************************************

"Calm down, my miracles aren't able to heal you completely, I don't know what's going on...".

"There are little arrowheads inside my body...
... You have no ability to heal me anymore, leave me alone, these pains are irritating, I need to focus on my prayers!".

"All right! Sorry...".

The Envoy pushed Jenany away from him, his face returned to normal with flesh and skin covering the skull and the injured eye was still blank and blind, but in several parts of his body he felt his muscles shaking in pain from the bullets lodged in his body.

Jenany feeling upset, walked away but soon realized Alicia calling for her with her hand, she opened a smile as she walked towards her friend.

"I'm exhausted, the Envoy was really hurt...".

"Don't even say it, the night was a complete disaster and I almost died because of that idiot!".

"Hey, keep your voice down or he'll hear you!
But tell me, what happened? Who are these people?".

Alicia and Jenany walked away from the other people as they started to vent wearily, Alicia was as eager to complete her goals as she was upset by the Envoy's attitudes, and now that she was okay, Jenany let out all her curiosity about supernatural happenings and filled Alicia with questions.

Alicia told the events, as well as explained her situation and that of the young people, in relation to the Chaos Gate, she didn't know what to say about it, and this time Jenany told what she saw and Alcione's explanation about the event.

However, Jenany was very excited about the magical passage described by Alicia, and quickly began to fantasize about what mysteries the magical passage was hiding.

After several minutes of conversation, they were attracted by the movement of the other team from the church that started to gather around Father Alberto, as well as they noticed Father Alcione approaching them, and behind him the Watcher of his team came along after being called by Father.

"Well, the situation has changed, and more important things have happened...
... A new mission was created by me and Father Alberto and now I have come to pass on the duties of each of you...".

Alcione spoke slowly as she looked at the three, but stopped for a few seconds longer when looking at Alicia, who nodded silently, Jenany was left clasping her hands in anticipation of her next duties, and the Watcher remained unchanged.

"Watcher, your duty now will be to help Father Alberto's group escort these people back to the camp...
... He will receive the reward for the Chaos Gate that happened here, and for that, Father Alberto is in charge of carrying my report...
... Of course, I secretly made a copy of my report, and you will have the duty to give it to the Cardinal, but don't worry, you will receive your reward along with them...".

"Thank you sir Father, it is my duty to serve you and be grateful for your generosity, but what about your protection?".

"Don't worry about me, I'll be protected...".

As he talked about the orders the Watcher would receive, Alcione smoothed his beard as he watched the knight in front of him kneel down in obeisance, then Alcione placed her hands on the man to lift him up and secretly handed him a letter, which the Watcher quickly hid.

"All right, now it's you girl Jenany...
... Your mission will be to accompany me in the exploration of the heretics' Inheritance, so rest well, maybe we will need your miracles...".

"Heretic Inheritance?".

When passing on Jenany's orders, she stopped to try to remember if she knew anything about heretic Inheritance, but upon discovering she doesn't know any of that, she can't help but ask.

"Sir Father, was that the magical passage quoted by that young man?".

"You're a quick girl to figure things out, Alicia girl...".

"Magic passage? Yes! Yes! Yes!".

With Alicia's question, Alcione felt even more determined to help such a smart girl, only a smart person has a chance of surviving when there are people plotting against her.

And with the agreement of the Father, Jenany jumped for joy, after all, it was her turn to participate closely in the supernatural events.

"Well Alicia girl, your mission is to stay here waiting for our intelligence collector, you must pass your report to him, a Confessor's report...
... Finishing your mission, you must head towards the city and disguise yourself as a traveler, this is a secret mission for you...
... Don't contact anyone else From the church until I come get you, do you understand me?".

"Sir Father, what happened? What did I do wrong?".

Alicia listened attentively to his orders, but felt a bad feeling at Alcione's last order, and the first thing she thought was that she had done her jobs wrong, but there was no way she could have done anything wrong, and soon she thought that her affront to the Sent One might have caused some trouble.

"Oh my little Alicia, you really didn't do anything wrong...
... But even when we don't do anything wrong, some people insist on bringing us problems as if we were wrong...
... Don't worry, I'll take care of it, just follow my orders...".

While trying to comfort the girl, Alcione rubbed a hand on her head, ruffling her hair a little, she looked right into his eyes and saw that he was worried about her, so she just nodded, and was apprehensive.

"You three, get ready and say goodbye, soon we will part...
... The Inheritance exploration team will be going underground soon, so don't delay...
... I need to go to the Envoy, see you later boy, protect the letter well...
... Alicia girl, see you again in a day or two, take care until then...".

When saying goodbye, Alcione looked at the Watcher and then at Alicia, both bowed their heads in farewell to the Father who soon left to talk to the Envoy.

The Watcher nodded at the two girls and moved away to sit somewhere, while Alicia and Jenany hugged each other for a moment, then stopped to watch the other people.

"You know something Alicia?
I noticed that Father Alcione never uses a religious greeting when he is alone with us to say goodbye, isn't that strange?".

"Really... I hadn't noticed that...".

**************************************************

*"So your name is Lucius?"*.

*"Yes, but it's best not to use my name around those who know this body, at least until we can be safe..."*.

*"It's ok, I understand and you can call me Sara... But what's that black liquid for?"*.

Beside the bus, Lucius took advantage of his destroyed state and was filling a small beer bottle he found with diesel fuel, Sara had been helping him get things not knowing what to do with them, but Lucius didn't care, he just guided her among the wreckage.

*"Well, it's kind of oil... I'll keep it with me in case we need light or burn something...
... But it looks like we don't have time anymore, look!"*.

Not far from them, a white knight came towards them, it seems that the time has come for them to be taken away, and there was no point in trying to cause trouble, they just exchanged glances and headed towards the man.

*"You two come with me..."*.

The man just pointed at the large church group and led them along beside them.

In a few seconds they were surrounded by men with disdainful looks, but still no one did anything to them, Sara noticed that some of them were pulling two stretchers where there were two young men tied up, and quickly recognized them.

The stretchers with Maycon and Jeffrey were thrown in front of Sara and Lucius, Lucius didn't have much of a reaction, but realizing that Sara ran to wake them up, he figured that Thomas might be friends with them too, so he decided to help Sara, to avoid any suspicion.

*"Hey, who are these two?"*

*"This is going to be a problem! This is Jaffrey, and this one is Maycon...
... Maycon is a good friend of yours... I mean, friend of Thomas...
... Maycon and Thomas were the only ones to go through the fire creation training, and that made the two of you even closer..."*.

*"Fire creation? You mean, shoot fire using your hands?"*.

*"Yea! That's right! Speak lower!"*.

Lucius started to whisper his questions next to Sara, but upon hearing about creating fire, he couldn't help but speak a little louder than he was talking earlier, while talking, they untied Maycon and Jaffrey, and with light slaps, Sara woke them both up little by little.

*"Sara! Thomas! You two are fine! I told you we were going to be Maycon heroes!"*.

*"Keep it down dude, haven't you noticed our situation?"*.

Jeffrey woke up excited, as he soon saw Sara and Thomas at his side, but Lucius cut his animation making him watch the various church men walking around, and a knight standing next to the four watching their movements.

Maycon, on the other hand, just smiled at his friends and slapped Lucius on the shoulder who helped him up from the floor, so the four of them were together again.

**************************************************

"Looks like Envoy Otis messed it up again...".

"So it's you, Watcher Jardel... 
... I don't care about your bullshit, leave me alone...".

"Stop it Otis, the Confessor girl denounced everything you've done...".

The Envoy Otis was trying to keep the concentration of his prayer while the white light left his body little by little, but on hearing about being denounced by the Confessor, the white light stopped and he grimaced as the pain washed over him again.

"I didn't do anything much, I just killed some weird heretics, at most I don't get the rewards...
... Father Alcione talked to me just now, and I'm going back to the camp to recover, so leave me alone...".

"Poor Otis, you don't know, but Father Alcione is protecting the Confessor and you will be demoted...
... Not only that, but he will be judged for trying to take advantage of an Inheritance, and especially for killing humans coming from a Chaos Gate...".

This time Otis' face went blank, he was so obsessed with getting rewards that the possible Inheritance made him forget about the rest of the world, and now, all this destruction and these strange people, all that noise and shaking, he's realized the grave mistake he's made and this time he might actually end up with a death penalty.

Seeing the fear in Otis' eyes, the Watcher smiled behind his helmet and approached the Envoy.

"Father Alberto has a secret mission for you...
... He said he can help in your case if you do this mission for him...".

"What mission?"

The Envoy took the letter discreetly and skimmed over the words, and as he finished, his expression changed from disbelief to a smile that could be seen through his broken helm.

 

 

Hello guys! Thanks for reading!
Don't forget to like, favorite and comment!
I want to know what you think about MxM, the characters and the universe as a whole!
Tell me if you have any theories about the story?
A big hug to everyone!

0