MxM 0030 Unexpected Help
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

0030 Unexpected Help

 

"Triumph to the Exalted!". "Triumph to the Exalted!".

"Fuck!".

The man lying on the roots of the tree was startled by the screams, the tree he slept in was close to the house he searched a few hours ago, and as he was tired, sleeping by the side of the tree would avoid any trouble with the residents of the house returning at an unknown hour.

The house was a little closer to the main road the group was walking on, their direction was towards a smaller road that entered the forest, so, Jamie decided to go back to the house and used some boxes and tools to get up on her roof.

The shouts of greeting he heard, he knew well and as he approached the edge of the roof, he lay down and watched things unfold, all along the way the shouts of religious greetings didn't stop, and somehow that bothered Jamie.

When the group reached the side road that led into the forest, he heard the cry of one of the riders that began to glow with bluish green light, and so everyone was quiet.

^"If only I could learn a few things like these...
... My revenge would be much easier to achieve..."^.

Sighing, he decided to stand there watching those people being taken away.

**************************************************

*"It's like you say...
... I'm not the Thomas, but pay attention to our situation...
... This is not the moment for this, and I'd better step way for now, then we'll talk later..."*.

*"Come back here! Where is my friend Thomas?!"*.

*"Wait Maycon!"*.

*"Let him go for now young man, calm down first!"*.

Lucius decided to walk away from the problems that Maycon was causing, he winked at Sara with one of his eyes and went towards Father Alberto, Maycon was held by Jeffrey and Sara, and Father Alcione walked in front of him blocking the view of Thomas walking away.

*"Young people... I see that something strange is happening here, but this is not the time to deal with it..."*.

Father Alcione put his hand on Maycon's shoulder who got even more irritated, but the Father led his vision to the Watcher approaching, and so everyone was quiet.

*"I see the group of heretics are arguing amongst themselves...
... Could you tell me the reason for the disagreement?"*.

Father Alberto asked seeing Lucius approaching him, Lucius stopped for a moment to think and looking at Father again he smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

*"Well, it looks like they got mad at me for bringing you here..."*.

*"Haah ha ha hah! I see! You heretics are really great!
What don't you guys do to save your own lives huh?
Perhaps I will spare your life, if you continue to serve me well, as you have done so far..."*.

Alberto was happy, as it looks like he was really going to get along really well this time, and realizing that Lucius didn't say anything else and was looking at the house on the other side, he looked at the house on the other side as well and began to wonder in which parts of it would have the Informations with the greatest value.

*"Sara, do you know anything about Thomas?"*.

*"Shhhi! I know! But this is not the time for that!"*.

Alcione frowned at the whisper between the two, and then left them alone to look in the direction of Lucius and Father Alberto, Jeffrey didn't understand anything, but as Sara managed to calm Maycon down for a while, he decided to walk away too, and to his surprise, Jenany stopped beside him with a big smile on her face.

*"Tell me any interesting stories?"*.

*"Story? Story about what?"*.

*"This is my first time exploring the world outside my uncle's castle...
... I don't know anyone who wasn't from the castle or the church...
... The church was the only way I could get close to the supernatural things that I've always read in books with my father, and now that I'm meeting people from outside, in the real world, I want to know everything I can..."*.

Jenany shyly asked Jeffrey to tell her stories, she chose Jaffrey as he was the one who best communicated with her, at that Jaffrey got confused about what stories she would like to know and with her question, Jenany started talking about her slowly, but in the end, got it all out in a single breath.

Surprised, Jeffrey thought for a moment, and decided to tell her a few stories about him and his friends, at their training camps in the neutral southern lands, happy, Jenany listened attentively.

With the lively conversation between the two, Sara and Maycon became calmer, but still, Maycon didn't stop watching Lucius from a distance, Father Alcione was happy to see Jenany getting along with the group, and thus, making friends with people outside her controlled life, giving her the opportunity to get to know the real world.

**************************************************

"Girl, you're just a Confessor...
... You can do nothing against us!".

A new would-be soldier appeared, totaling four would-be soldiers, this time this one came out of the rice fields to the north, now Alicia only had two options, fight them, or run in the direction the church group was headed, in the direction of their camp.

^"But what did I do to deserve this?"^.

She was injured and didn't know anything about combat, so fighting wasn't an option, but maybe she could buy some time by making some confusion in the group with those strange people, she didn't think of some perfect plan, she just felt that it might work.

Turning around once more, she ran down the road and looking back, she saw that the Envoy was not running, he has to bear the pain of the things that are inside his body, so he can't focus on the knight skills for long and needs to focus on the prayers to ease the pain.

This gave her an advantage, and as she ran, she occasionally used her miracles to make one of the would-be soldiers fall to the ground, her abilities weren't very effective in battle, nor did she have experience in battle to know the best moment to use them, but making them fall by putting them to sleep suddenly still hurt them.

She ran, and ran, and little by little she started to get tired, maybe it was the loss of blood, or despair, but every now and then, her abilities started to fail, and the would-be soldiers, with little scratches on their faces or hands, were furious.

And behind the four, the Envoy came walking slowly, sometimes the white light in his body gave way to the bluish green light, and in that period, his speed increased tremendously, but in a few seconds he stopped, and the bluish green light gave way to the white light, and in this exchange of skills, the Envoy was able to follow the pursuit with the would-be soldiers.

**************************************************

^"More people?"^.

Jamie, who watched the people of the Earth being taken away, waited for a few more minutes to see if there would be any commotion between them, maybe if someone ran away from the group out of the forest, he would be able to approach him to ask for some clue about Henry.

But just as he was about to give up and walk away, a different commotion happened, and this one came from the shed where he imagined there would be no more people, the white light and the bluish green light stood out in the middle of the night and he decided to observe some more.

Apparently it was one of those knights he'd seen killing people before, and now someone was being chased by one of those knights and four other men, but since it wasn't the person he was hunting, he just yawned as he watched.

He was still leaning over the roof and when he realized that it was an internal fight between these strangers of this world, he prepared to get off the roof again, however, before turning the body to go down, he saw the person running away removing the hood and trying to wrap it around the injured arm, with that he was able to see the person's face.

A young girl was running in a panic, and for a moment he remembered something that blackened his mind, he frowned and clenched his fists as he watched the chase and tried to control his emotions.

**************************************************

There are only a few dozen meters left for Alicia to reach the entrance to the forest, she removed the top of her hood and tried to wrap it around her bleeding arm as she ran, but that movement ended up slowing her running speed a little.

Realizing that she would eventually be caught up at this rate, she gave up trying to wrap her injured arm, dropped the hood, and resumed running faster.

With nearly two hundred meters to go before she reached the entrance to the forest, she saw a would-be soldier waiting for her among the trees, and so she stopped running for a moment, but to her right was a path that ran northward, parallel to one of the rice fields and beside the third farm on the site.

She didn't give up and ran to the north, so the would-be soldier who was waiting for her among the trees came out and started running, surrounding her with the others.

Alicia continued to run for a few more dozen meters when another would-be soldier emerged from behind a small wooden warehouse next to one of the farmhouses.

At this point, the men behind her had already stopped running and were just walking towards her, she was surrounded, and even if she managed to get past any of them, she was already tired from running and weak from blood loss.

Falling to her knees on the floor and surrendering to tears, she cried nonstop.

"Little... Little Anna, please... I'm sorry...
... I'm sorry... Keep being strong even without me...
...".

**************************************************

^"Mary, I'm sorry..."^.

Wiping away a few tears that rolled down his face, Jamie saw a man holding a sword come out from behind a small storeroom near the house he was in, he was so absorbed in watching the girl run away that he didn't notice the man approaching surreptitiously.

Perhaps if he hadn't been on the roof, he would have been taken aback by this man, but now, the scene of the young woman kneeling on the floor and crying was the end point of all his hatred building up inside him.

Slowly he unrolled the revolver strapped to his waist and aimed it at the back of the man who was twirling his sword happily after blocking the girl's last escape route.

^"A hundred meters or a little more...
... A little deeper breath...
... And one less motherfucker in the world..."^.

The light breeze passed, the reflection of the moons shone through Jamie's eyes and a smile blossomed on his face.

**************************************************

"It's over, finish her at once!".

Seeing Alicia surrender, Otis stopped walking and returned to focusing on his prayer to manage pain more efficiently, meanwhile, he watched the would-be soldiers approach her and then gave his order.

Pah!

A loud bang took everyone by surprise, the Envoy's heart sped up at the sound, and he started looking for where the noise was coming from, the would-be soldier blocking the path in front of Alicia fell to the ground and began to groan in pain.

His legs wouldn't move, he started to drag himself along the floor using his arms, and so the scent of blood rose in the air again.

Alicia, who was crying, was also startled by the noise, she learned from the report that Otis passed on to Father Alcione that such noises belonged to a type of weapon, and then, wiping her face, she looked for the direction of the noise as well, but to her surprise, the would-be soldier fell a few feet in front of her.

And back there, she saw the silhouette of a person rise from the roof of the nearby house, the person started waving his arm calling for her and pointed to the road she would follow if it wasn't for this last would-be soldier blocking the way.

A chance, she thought and got up off the ground, running back to the front, past the would-be soldier lying on the floor groaning, from the quick glance she saw the red stain on the man's white clothes coming straight from the middle of his back.

She clenched her fist and looked ahead again, continuing to run, behind her, the other would-be soldiers were startled by the loud noise and their friend lying on the floor groaning.

"Shit! Go follow her! Don't let her get away!".

Otis' face turned ugly with rage when he saw the scene, and even more so when he went back to using his abilities to hone his speed, the would-be soldiers finally ran as well, but other loud noises were heard and another soldier fell to the ground with one leg bleeding as he groaned in pain.

"I'll kill you! You're disrupting a hunt from the church!".

Alicia reached the house, while the Envoy shouted threats to the man on the roof of the house, when approaching, she noticed that it was a black man who dressed like those strange people, but before she could say anything, he pointed back to the road.

He didn't look at her, just focused on the men from the church arriving as he fired over and over again, sometimes he would quickly pull small objects from his clothing pocket and put them inside the gun and continue shooting.

"Thanks! Thanks!".

She was thrilled that there was still someone who would help her at a time like this, so she ran back down the road and left the confusion behind without turning around.

**************************************************

*"Stop wasting time! Start exploring the caves!"*.

By order of Father Alberto, one of the Envoys entered the cave with his seven would-be soldiers and they began to explore, near the entrance, and the other Envoy was waiting for the first news.

Alberto, Lucius and Watcher Jardel formed a group close to the would-be soldiers, from afar, Alcione and the young people watched everything while the Watcher Freddy watched over them.

Within minutes a would-be soldier came out of the cave to update the situation.

*"Sir Father, we found several forks, we need the second group to accelerate exploration..."*.

*"Go!"*.

Without waiting for further explanations, Alberto just waved and the second group entered the caves right away.

 

 

The next chapter will be out on May 12th!
Don't forget to like, favorite and comment!
A big hug to everyone!

0