MxM 0039 Call Me By My Name
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

0039 Call Me By My Name

 

In one of the dimly lit alleys, a man ran desperately, just moments before the man left the village, a second man appeared at the beginning of the alley, holding a revolver in each hand.

The cigar in his mouth lit up briefly, and hidden by the brim of his hat, his eyes lit up a violet color, his hands went up, pointing his weapons at the fleeing man, and a dark purple aura like indigo burned like fire and completely covered the guns.

*"Bullets: Shadowy Chains."*.
Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah!

The six shots hit the man in the back who fell to the ground with the impacts, horrified at the possibility of dying, he tried to get up again, not realizing that his body was unharmed.

As soon as he got to his feet, several tentacles of shadows came out of the places where the shots hit him, quickly the shadowy tentacles wrapped around his entire body taking on the forms of chains, and as soon as he was trapped, the shadowy aspect of the chains disappeared, revealing poorly made but very strong iron chains.

Crying as he fell to the ground again, the man who was now without glasses, noticed a pair of elegant boots stopping right in front of his face. 

Marko bent down and put his glasses back on the man's face, he smiled and blew some more smoke from his lips, then he took the cigar out of his mouth, and tapped his fingertip on it to knock the ashes out.

*"Sir, the sir is under arrest."*.

Finishing his sentence, Marko put the cigar back in his mouth and held tight to one of the chains that wrapped the man, then he slowly dragged him back to the square as he listened to the musicians begin to play again. 

**************************************************

*"Do you also like magical devices?"*.

*"Magic devices? Of course, but I need to learn about it!"*.

*"See, this is the equipment I set up during the travel..."*.

The people around them moved away and gradually the music started to play, the square would soon become bustling with people dancing again.

Alex and Till started talking, while Till proudly displayed his inventions, Helena stood behind and soon the woman in the victorian dress approached her.

*"Some boys are fascinated by these things, right?"*.

*"To the point of becoming idiots!"*.

*"Ho hohoho hoho!"*.

*"Miss Elene, Mr Oliver, these two young people are foreigners too...
... I was talking to them earlier, and they tried to warn me about these criminals, but I ended up getting lost in the conversation...
... Oh! I need to send a letter to the castle, please excuse me!"*.

Hearing that Alex and Helena were foreigners and that they warned about Henry and his group, Elane and Oliver looked at the two with interest, they nodded in respect to the Village Chief who took his leave, but before he actually left, Marko arrived carrying the fugitive man.

*"Mr Marko, please let my men take care of things around here...
... Come, take this man along with the other two..."*.

Seeing the man in chains, the Village Chief quickly ordered his men to take him away, and so he said goodbye again and returned to the village office.

*"Girl, what's your name?"*.

*"My name is Helena, nice to meet you!"*.

*"Nice to meet you Helena, I'm Elene...
... Informing about the bandits, are you two from any Guild?"*.

*"Not really, we're just lost, and we saw someone who committed some crimes before stopping here..."*.

*"You... Let's talk inside, people are dancing again and making a lot of noise..."*.

Elane struck up a conversation with Helena trying to find out a few things about her and Alex, but Oliver almost got his foot stepped on by a couple dancing next to them, and so he suggested going into the inn to talk.

*"All right, you all can go, I'll stay here and try to invite some lady..."*.

Marko, threw the cigar into a barrel used as a dumpster, and took his hat off his head and held it to his chest, he looked at the people in the crowd and then chose a lady to ask to dance, so he walked towards her away from the others.

*"All right, let's go in...
... Till, take your new friend inside, let's get off the street."*.

*"Alright aunt Elene, come on uncle Alex!"*.

*"Hey I'm not even much older than you! I must be at most twice your age!
Helena, let's go inside for a bit and try to relax?"*.

*"Come on Helena, don't be shy..."*.

Oliver decided to go first, Elene saw the doubt on Helena's face at Alex's invitation and decided to insist as he placed a hand on her shoulder and gently pushed her forward.

*"I will go! I'm going, I need to relax, got any drinks for me?"*.

*"Ho hoho hoho! You remind me of our friend Alisha! She must be in there drinking non-stop, come on!"*.

Soon, with everyone entering the inn, that side of the street slowly filled with excited people, and the festive mood took over the entire village again, from the window, the man who had shouted to stop Marko from dealing with Henry took one last look at the square and went back inside.

**************************************************

"Chief! We locked those two in the underground prison...".

"Very good, help take this one too! Where's the crow I asked for? Call the Marquis' men too!
Please don't delay, I want to get back to the party!".

Returning to his office, the Village Chief finished giving his orders and sat down to write the letter, the men rushed to finish their tasks quickly and soon someone appeared with a cage with a crow inside.

**************************************************

"Aargh! What a horrible feeling! I stood there as if frozen, unable to move or speak!".

The effect of the magic cast by Oliver wore off, and with that, Henry and the secretary were able to move freely again, the two are inside an underground prison below the Village Chief's house, the house is a public building, used by the Village Chief, the Marquis' men and other civil servants.

Despite being an underground prison, the place was very clean, it had chairs, beds, and toiletries, the cells are small areas of a maximum of 2 square meters, two cells are on one side and two on the other, forming a corridor in the middle where a staircase is at the end of one side of this corridor.

Henry is trapped in the cell furthest from the corridor, during the effect of Oliver's magic, he was searched and taken away from all the objects he was carrying, he sat in the chair and thought about the events that had recently occurred to him.

"Yes, secretary, it is a very useful power indeed...".

In the cell opposite his, the woman didn't seem very well, her heart was racing for fear of Oliver's magic acting on her body, her pressure dropped making her feel dizzy, so she lay on the bed trying to calm down.

"Shit, policeman Henry, how can we beat these supernatural things?".

"Let's learn! There must be some way for us to learn these things!".

"But now we're arrested!".

"It's not that bad, look around, it's only four cells, they should transfer us somewhere else at some point...
... And I realized that the people who captured us dressed very differently from the people in the place, they could be from some neighboring country...
... We can try to escape during our transport, or appeal to some kind of mercy if there is judgment, we know about those monsters, the supernatural knights and these foreigners...
... If we learn about this place and who will judge us, we can claim that we are victims in the midst of the confusion of one of these three distinct groups... 
... You must pay attention to every conversation, let's learn as much as we can...".

"Please! I did nothing! Let me go!".

During Henry's conversation, two of the Village Chief's men came down the stairs bringing the bespectacled man who couldn't stop talking, he was placed in the cell next to Henry, and when they realized that they could not break the chains of Marko's magic, they gave up and laid him on the bed still trapped.

"It's your fault! You were the one who made us do this and now we are here!".

"Yeah it's my fault, and from you two suckers who took half an hour to fuck a woman tied up!".

"Forget about it you two! I want to get out of here! Let's think together!".

The men climbed back up the stairs as soon as they locked the cell, and immobilized by the chains, the man started screaming, blaming Henry.

"You two will listen to me now, as I am the only one who can communicate with them!".

The two began to argue, however, the secretary got up from the bed and yelled at the two, at the moment she was furious and didn't care about Henry's leadership anymore, as he was unarmed and she was the only one who understood the natives' language.

"I command! I tell you what to do! And call me by my name from now on! It is no longer 'You'! Or 'Secretary'! Call me Carol!".

After putting all the stress out, she was left gasping, and the two men in the underground fell silent without saying a single word.

**************************************************

*"We were discovered, Father Alberto, let's go!"*.

*"Yes, Watcher, search the house, as for the rest of us... 
... Let's go down, Father Alcione can go down ahead!"*.

*"Come with me girl Jenany, don't move away!"*.

Jardel's body began to pulse several bluish green waves like a bubble that grew and expanded in all directions, he ran to the window, and seeing that the phantasmagoric boy was no longer there, he punched the window hard, breaking the glass and jumped from the third floor.

The Fathers gathered and began to descend one after the other, Sara and Maycon smiled and followed along with Jeffrey and Jenany, Lucius, who was close to the two, noticed the smile but didn't say anything, in the middle of the office, Freddy was waiting for the young people to descend and his eyes lit up bluish green as he looked in all directions intently.

Lucius closed the book in his hands and placed it along with the Mage book he wanted to take, he ran to catch up with the Fathers who were already waiting at the bottom of the stairs for them, and as soon as he passed Freddy, Freddy looked at him and followed behind.

*"Come on young people, don't delay!"*.

*"Wait, Father Alberto, put these two books together with the ones you are taking, please!"*.

*"What books are these? Forget it, give it to me! Go fast!"*.

*"Father Alberto, there is no one on the second floor either, I believe the child is outside, after all, neither I nor Jardel could notice his presence!"*.

Alcione tried to make the young men walk faster, he knew that Sara and the others might try to delay everyone for their own good, and he feared that Alberto or the Watcher Jardel might do something more violent.

Lucius stopped them both with a big smile on his face showing two books he had brought, Alberto wanted to reject it, but preferred not to waste time arguing and put the two books in the backpack he carried on his shoulder, without looking at their titles.

To the side, Freddy realized that the possible enemy was not in the house and that made them calmer, but still in a hurry, and soon they all continued down.

*"Sara, do you know the boy?"*.

*"No, I've never seen him, and you Maycon?"*.

*"Maybe Thomas knows him..."*.

The three were further back, Jeffrey wanted to know the identity of the ghost boy, but none of his friends knew him, and as soon as Maycon commented on Thomas, the three looked at Thomas, or rather, at Lucius, who made a point of staying between the two Fathers, going ahead.

*"Does he really want to help us? For he is not making it any easier by following alongside the Fathers..."*.

*"No Maycon, I didn't see him causing problems for us...
... I think he's trying to help himself, running away from us and the Fathers...".

Maycon started to get nervous again, but for the first time, Jeffrey gave a realistic and possible analysis of what Lucius might be doing, and that surprised Maycon and Sara, Jenany who decided to get closer to them, overheard the last part of the conversation and was also surprised by the boldness of this mysterious person in Thomas' body.

*"It doesn't matter, I'll go after him like we agreed before..."*.

Sara glanced at the two of them, avoiding going into the details of the plan they'd made earlier because Jenany was close by.

Quickly, everyone arrived outside, Jardel already gathered the Envoy who was waiting near the entrance of the cave, and with him, the six would-be soldiers were attentive to any abnormality in the place.

*"Watcher Jardel, did you find the boy?"*.

*"No, Father Alberto, no sign of the enemy!"*.

*"It's all right...
... Angel! Please watch us from above!"*.

The Angel looked like a statue of light standing in the air next to a tree near the house, but as soon as he heard Alberto's request, he spread his wings and soared into the sky at a much higher height than the time before, with the distance, the light from his body couldn't illuminate the area enough, and so the place turned dark again.

Looking up, they noticed the point of light that was the Angel in the sky, they trusted him with their safety, and soon the would-be soldiers brought the torches they had left near the house, helping to light the place again.

*"All attentive! The enemy seems to be a child, so let's not waste time with unnecessary battles, let's ignore him and leave...
... Do you agree with me Father Alberto?"*.

*"Yes Father Alcione...
... Envoy, organize your men to lead the mapped path through the caves, the rest get ready, we won't stop until we get out of the Inheritance!"*.

*"Hey! That's not funny! You didn't hide!"*.

The voice of cute child echoed again, but this time, a spot of light like a large flashlight illuminated a circular area of ​​the floor, showing a silhouette of projected shadow, everyone looked carefully at the illuminated place and followed the cone of light.

High above their heads, the ghostly child floated upside down with an annoyed look at them, and the light like a searchlight denouncing his position, came from the Angel who is much higher in heaven than the child.

*"Ghost!"*. *"Oh my god Diore! A ghost!"*.

Some would-be soldiers started screaming loudly in fright at the sight of the extremely strange child, the Envoy beside them had already energized his sword, and a great blade of bluish green light in a half-arc shape flew, cutting the boy in the sky in two, who soon went up in smoke again.

*"No unnecessary fights! Let's go away!"*.

Alberto shouted his orders again, he and Alcione feared drawing more attention with an unnecessary fight or wasting time, but they quickly realized that the Angel in the sky was very showy, the two looked at each other and smiled with each other as they realized a basic mistake they had made.

But now it didn't matter anymore, and the Angel was still useful in finding the possible enemies nearby, with that, they just urged the others to start running towards the caves.

*"Hey, that wasn't cool!"*.

The boy appeared again, this time he was between them and the entrance to the cave, making everyone stop for a moment.

*"And also... Don't call me a ghost you rude people! Call me by my name! I'm the Oscar! And since you guys want to run, let's play tag...
... I already know! I'll call Little Bone to play with us too! Start running y'all, Little Bone takes every game seriously!
Little Bone! Let's play!!!"*.

The boy entered the caves and disappeared, slowly his voice calling for the 'Little Bone' was getting lower, and the waiting group didn't know what to do.

The two Fathers understood that it was impossible to keep the youths with them, but seeing that they hadn't caused trouble yet, they soon realized the reason, Lucius.

Lucius was a strange person and impossible to know what his next actions would be, just like now, he is between the two Fathers and continues to smile, but it seems that Thomas' friends would not abandon his body easily.

Everyone looked at each other and everyone knew, everyone had their own plans, and the way back is not going to be peaceful at all.

 

Thanks for reading!
The next chapter will be out on June 04th!
If you can, leave a like, favorite and comment!
A big hug to everyone!

0